Sign in to follow this  
grinner

its our club and it hurts

it dont half hurt when  all these players leave our club as soon as the s--t hits the fan.these are the same guys who have taken our club down.most are on good dosh here.deep down they dont give a toss about ncfc.all the rubbish that comes out of their mouths,great fans ,lovely area,good ground.save all the crap.you dont care about us,self first,self second,self third. i feel better now.

Eh, the only player whose left so far of his own accord is Matt. In his case it''s better that we get £100K now rather than nothing at the end of the season.

Anything else is pure speculation on the part of agent''s and people on this board.

isnt it right that Matt Is the first norwich cityplayer we have got money for (by selling) for over 2-3 seasons?

Thing is Grinner, we watch everyone else kiss the badge on their shirt and think "What a lying git".

But as soon as Deano, Hucks, Crouch or whoever say "I really like Norwich" we all think the sun shines out of their backsides!!

I think there is one lesson to be learnt - football is a job, and a good job at that. They need to do what''s best for them and their careers, and if I had the chance I would do the same. We want 11 Norwich-loving heroes, but it ain''t gonna happen. All we can do is try and make it worth their while to stay.

In Svensson''s case he was slagged off by 50% of the fans, dropped after 2 games of the premiership season and replaced in January - would you stay!?!

I don''t agree. £100 000 is nothing. He would be far more valuable playing for a season and then if we got promoted he may well have stayed. What sort of striker could you buy for £100 000 - not even an Akinbiyi!!!

Whoa whoa whoa.  Calm down mate!  As ncfc says its only Sven that has left so far of his own accord and to be honest I don''t really give a toss about him.  If players want to leave then let them.  Players who want to further their career at "bigger" clubs we will get good money for.  This enables us to bring in players who want to be here

Some fans have got a remarkable one-sided view of loyalty.

Where was loyalty to Mackay, McVeigh, Edworthy ?

There is no loyalty either way. The club will do what''s best for the club and the player will do what''s best for himself and understandably so.

Where do you think all these players came from. Have they not all been disloyal to their previous clubs?

I can understand supporters being peeved at the departure of our better players but I doubt they''ll be shedding tears when Holt and Fleming are shown the door.

Actually I would look at what the pinkun has announced, I would suggest that they dont report anything other than the stronger rumours if not those that are more factual than not.

Sven has gone - yet to be officially confirmed.

Helveg wants to go - again not officially confirmed but this has been on and off for a while now.

Francis - The way he played for the second half of the season suggests his mind was elsewhere.

Green - Seems to be desperate to get a move, although I am sure he would settle with here ahead of relegation favourites. I dont think he is diss-loyal, he just wants to play for england, and lets face it England needs him! David James my a**e!

So there you have it, not the entire squad but a few to be getting on with.

I think that whenever a club brings in a player it is allways a risk to see whether they will stay or not should the club not maintain their position. Signing players after being promoted leads to even more doubt.

One thing is for sure, if they are good, sound, quality players the club must make sure that they make the most of them whilst we have them on our books. In this day and age that is all you could hope for.

I think Worthington has the right attitude, he mainly looks for up and coming tallent to provide at least three years service to the club. I am talking about the Drury''s and Francis''s of this world along with McKenzie.

If Helveg goes it wouldnt overly upset me because I dont think that he has a lot to offer to us in the long term. At this moment in time we need to draft in some middle twenties players in most positions to offer a few good years at the club, that means pinching players off rivals and clubs a little lower than ours as well as reserve players that are worth a gamble from the prem.

I see that Burley has left Derby, there are a few good players to be had there.

Its time to shop!

what would you do if you were matty? he only has a one year contract with us and he is getting towards the end of his career. elfsborg are prepared to give him a three year contract, guaranteed first team football, and a home in a country where he is revered. he has to put his families future first and who can blame him for that??

Its a good deal for all concerned. And remember, its no surprise, it was drafted into his contract at the outset. The probability was always there.

Frankly, he''s no more than 3 rd choice here - why not go back to Sweden and be closer to home and more likely to play. And he''s an ageng player and he''s getting slower.

Take the money and reduce the wage bill and spend it on a rising star, I say.

What are you saying about Iwan???????? He was too slow and old for the prem and ended last season playing for a a Fizzy 2 ream eventually relegated to the conference.  He was fantastic for us but his time came to an end.  Loyalty did not come into it.  He wasn''t good enough any more and he was ditched.  End of story.  Mission accomplished.