Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Neutrals support Hughton

After the idiotic booing of Hughton''s substitution of Hoolahan and chants of ''You don''t know what you''re doing!'' the TV commentator said Norwich fans need to realise they have a good young manager in Chris Hughton and he does know what he''s doing.Now Joey Barton has chipped in with this tweet:''I hope Norwich stay up because of Chris Hughton. They just look the most

likely to me. I hope Wigan go. Half empty ground and Whelan''s a *!''The commentator and Barton are both right. The boo-boys need to stop dreaming of Lambert and his diamond formation. We have a good young manager who after a lot of back luck this season can lead us on to better things next season.

Barton can say what he wants - 2 in 18 or 19 whatever it is speaks for itself. Why give Hughton the chance to have the same tally again next season?

these "neutrals" havent witnessed the negative,stifling,joyless shite he''s served up all season.......these "nuetrals" havent got up early in the morning and travelled to Wigan,Stoke,Reading,QPR and countless other away games to see us have no attempts on goal.

I think I''ll trust my own views and my own eyes above any of these neutrals.

Newcastle in particular seem very quick to leap to his defence............i''d gladly piggyback him all the way up there if they want him back

I don''t care what the ''neutrals'' say, he isn''t good enough! Along with over half our team...

[quote user="SYG"]I don''t care what the ''neutrals'' say, he isn''t good enough! Along with over half our team...[/quote]

Which half SYG? The half he inherited or the half he signed?

Give him the chance? We are two games away from potential championship football next season. No thanks...

KC, he had two transfer windows to strengthen then squad. It wasn''t, surely, CH has to be accountable/responsible for that.

Have to agree Kangaroo.

The fans moaning Wes was taken off... yes wes looked good until the final ball. Realistically, only 1 cross from Wes could have been scored the rest were all over hit.

Snodgrass, i checked his assists according to whoscored (5 and 4 from set plays, and 1 from open play Whittakers against Swansea).

Every week Snodgrass over-hits crosses and yes his free-kicks are good.

Realistically, if we stay up I would want to replace the 3 and 1 of the 4231 and potentially one of the DM''s.

But apparently those stats from Snoddy is POTS material...

Nutty Nigel; the players he signed are not good enough, which is why we are where we are! Plus he didn''t sign quality in January

Neutrals are completely uninteresting to me.Neutrals wanted Blackpool to stay up because "they play attacking football."  And I couldn''t care less what Joey Barton thinks about anything, though I''m disappointed I can''t get his point of view on prison food.

KC You''re right. There was huge chanting for Hughton right through the game and this has been so for the past few home games.

Sorry but that''s rubbish. The players were good enough last year and they''re good enough now, it''s a stronger squad to boot.

Bassong and Turner are better than Ward and Whitbread, Garrido is better than Drury, Snodrgrass and Tettey are better than Crofts and I''m sure Becchio would prove he''s better than Wilbraham given the choice.

It''s the way they''re being told to play that''s the issue, don''t lose faith in the players!

[quote user="SYG"]Nutty Nigel; the players he signed are not good enough, which is why we are where we are! Plus he didn''t sign quality in January[/quote]

Which ones? I would have thought not signing quality forward players is the problem And I''m afraid he''s not alone there. Hoolahan and Holt are still the best at the club and Lambert inherited them in League One.

If you think Bassong, Turner, Tettey, Whittikar, Garrido and Snodgrass aren''t good enough then you are entitled to that opinion but I think they''re better than some of the players he inherited in those positions.

Awww it''s good to see there are still some " happy clappy" fans left. Ones who like to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that despite being served up some of the worst football played by a norwich team for years things are still rosey, we''re no where near relegation and things will all come around if we get behind the team and Hughton! Well I thought the support yesterday was awesome, the place was really rocking at the beginning, yet due to the philosophy of our " young manager" ( who by the way isn''t that young, he''s just late to actually being a manager) we still conspired to lose. So if people want to vent their disapproval by shouting screaming or booing then they have every right!

[quote user="now youve gotta believe us....."]Awww it''s good to see there are still some " happy clappy" fans left. Ones who like to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that despite being served up some of the worst football played by a norwich team for years things are still rosey, we''re no where near relegation and things will all come around if we get behind the team and Hughton! Well I thought the support yesterday was awesome, the place was really rocking at the beginning, yet due to the philosophy of our " young manager" ( who by the way isn''t that young, he''s just late to actually being a manager) we still conspired to lose. So if people want to vent their disapproval by shouting screaming or booing then they have every right![/quote]Worse than the season when we got relegated to league one?Really?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Sorry but that''s rubbish. The players were good enough last year and they''re good enough now, it''s a stronger squad to boot. Bassong and Turner are better than Ward and Whitbread, Garrido is better than Drury, Snodrgrass and Tettey are better than Crofts and I''m sure Becchio would prove he''s better than Wilbraham given the choice. It''s the way they''re being told to play that''s the issue, don''t lose faith in the players![/quote]

Exactly!

I''m only interested in what Joey Barton has to say if he''s doing it in that Inspector Clueso accent he''s been sporting lately.

I see where you''re coming from, I do, but we are three points from the relegation zone with two games left (Wigan 3) The players CH got may be ''better'' but still unfortunately not good enough...

Is booing going to help the team win? Is that going to inspire the substitute and the rest of the team? It was the right substitution but some supporters just won''t let go of their obsession with the diamond formation. Hughton gets criticised for late and early substitutions. He gets criticised for not going for the win and also for not closing up to see out the draw. The truth is we''re a few bad refereeing decisions from the top half but according to some fans he can''t do anything right.

[quote user="now youve gotta believe us....."]Not far off!! Those days we had a squad kind of thrown together. This season we have a squad that did well last year and that''s been added to![/quote]Fair point[Y]

They''re not Neutrals, these people are mostly mates/ex colleagues/friends so of course they''re going to support him.Anyway, it matters not one jot what any neutral thinks, it''s our football club, not theirs and decisions must be made only in Club''s interest.

[quote user="Making Plans"]They''re not Neutrals, these people are mostly mates/ex colleagues/friends so of course they''re going to support him.Anyway, it matters not one jot what any neutral thinks, it''s our football club, not theirs and decisions must be made only in Club''s interest.[/quote]. Absolutely, people like Paul McVeigh on Canary call!

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Is booing going to help the team win? Is that going to inspire the substitute and the rest of the team? It was the right substitution but some supporters just won''t let go of their obsession with the diamond formation. Hughton gets criticised for late and early substitutions. He gets criticised for not going for the win and also for not closing up to see out the draw. The truth is we''re a few bad refereeing decisions from the top half but according to some fans he can''t do anything right. [/quote]
And a missed penalty and spurned opportunities away from the top half too.... [^o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="SYG"]I don''t care what the ''neutrals'' say, he isn''t good enough! Along with over half our team...[/quote]

Which half SYG? The half he inherited or the half he signed?

[/quote]I think Hughton has signed very well.  I also think he has failed to get anywhere near the best out of the squad due to his negative tactics, negative outlook, misuse of the squad, negative attitude during games, and play for a draw master-plan.

Kangaroo Court wrote the following post at 2013-05-05 9:57 PM:

Give him the chance because he focused on fixing the defence this season and next season he will focus on the attack.

Fixed the defence, really, 23 goals conceded in the last 15 games! Two wins from the same 15, and defeat to Luton Town, a conference team! Yeah, he''s fixed things for the better, hadn''t he?

When has he been criticised for early substitutions? I must have missed that. Don''t think I''ve seen too many posts about the Diamond either, I don''t think many people give a flying f**k what formation we play, they just want to see us have a go.

You can bleed on about refereeing decisions all you like, but the truth is we are where we are because we don''t keep the ball well enough, we don get forward in numbers and we don''t create enough chances.

We''ve been far too happy to try and take a point in many, many games since Christmas and that attitude is biting us on the ass.