Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Is Man City game a complete write off?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I would rather that then Arsenal who have something to play for...[/quote]

The way we are playing everything is a right off

in a word ''yes'', if Man City still had something to play for the possibility might exist that a few nerves could affrect them resulting in a game such as their one vs QPR last season.

as they have nothing to play for ,theres more of a chance that they could easily play with more freedom and put on an exhibition putting 6 past us.

if goal difference is a factor on the last day.........we''re buggered

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]True, Arsenal has more to play for, while ManC by then need only to go through the motions.[/quote]Unfortunately Man City just '' going through the motions '' is likely to be comfortably enough to beat us.

Given our away form and inability to even muster any shots on target in two out of our last three away games, it would need a sea-change of rather epic proportions for us to get anything from Man City.....that said, of course, football is all about the side who unexpectedly pulls one out of the bag - so you never say never.

But realistically it is WBA we need to get something from: our home form is still good, IMO the worst thing yesterday was that we played fairly well and were unlucky to lose.

if we only need a point.

can we position the ball in the middle of a huddle for 90mins. believe the rule is if your within playing distance it''s not obstruction lol.

Maybe the huddle can slowly move forward, and literally walk it in.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I never thought I''d say this - I must be turning into Morty.Pantwetters.

[/quote]
You''re an idiot.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Away games are never easy... remember Fulham. I woudn''t want to go to the Etihad needing anything.[/quote]

Me neither.

In answer to the question is yes. We couldn''t beat an egg at the moment, never mind Afuero, Tevez & Co.

Ye it''s a write off. If Man C try, we are done for. If their position in the table is secure and they put out a weakened team, their reserves are probably better than most of our players.

Yesterday we scored from a penalty, and couldn''t finish properly the few chances we had. Can you see us winning at Manchester?

Why is everyone so worried about this game, it''s not as if there is a hideous historical precedent of Fortress Yella launching a stunning counteroffensive on the last day of the season to secure safety.

Just look at Wolves yesterday, there''s no way we''d get relegated like that, the white flags would have been out at 12.45 make no mistake

Still I will be there, it can go with the comemerative plates I''ve collected at Elland Road, Craven Cottage and The Valley

At the very worst, we have to at least be ABOVE the dotted line going into that last day to give ourselves a glimmer. Start that day under the line and I''m afraid it''s curtains, there''s no way we''ll get something there, however much we might to hope. We will have more chance relying on an already safe Villa winning at Wigan, and I think that would say it all.

[quote user="flecky76"]At the very worst, we have to at least be ABOVE the dotted line going into that last day to give ourselves a glimmer. Start that day under the line and I''m afraid it''s curtains, there''s no way we''ll get something there, however much we might to hope. We will have more chance relying on an already safe Villa winning at Wigan, and I think that would say it all.[/quote]

If we need a draw on the last day, then I can see a scenario where that could happen  - boring  0-0 anyone?  But if we need a win - probably a step too far.

Yep, I admire you for continuing to go Highland, I gave up after the Manure game.

Pretty much a write-off. I certainly don''t expect anything against Man City. Our only realistic chance is at home where we''ve been strongest. That Villa game was a real kick in the teeth. A draw would have been fine by me, but the loss is massive due to the points going to them and every point counting at this stage. I can''t get over the fact our season rests on this 1 game, but it''s pretty much true...and my God is it painful