Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Paul Lambert's lack of class

I didn''t really have an opinion on our former manager until yesterday. The good he brought to our club vs the way he left meant I couldn''t really be angry or feel too downcast.

I understand business and what goes on behind the scenes rarely comes to light so I thought I''d give him the benefit of the doubt.

I thought the way he celebrated their second goal was a disgusting way to acting in-front of a club that had done so much for him.

I understand managers get caught up in the heat of the moment as do players but his actions were just classless. Would you see Sir Alex celebrate like that against Aberdeen or Mourinho against Porto or Chelsea? No!

The man just stinks of in it for himself which is why he''ll never make it to the very very top. People at the top of their game have class and dignity which you lack in abundance Paul Lambert! Good Riddance!

There are things that went on behind the scenes prior to his departure and which none of us are privy to (and may never be) that might explain his reaction.

Couldn''t disagree more. His current employer is Aston Villa and he has every right to celebrate when they score. There was nothing over the top about it at all.

He was the best manager we''ve ever had.

Ferguson and Mourinho...class? Ferguson is a great manager, but a total whiner when things go against him and you say that Lambert is in it for himself, well what''s wrong with that? Do you thin Mourinho a.k.a The Special One is in football for purely noble reasons.

Lambert = legend. Hughton = Nice bloke, but clueless clown.

Could not disagree more. Bearing in mind it was a win which should keep his team in the premiership I thought it was a very reasonable response. I wish our current manager would show more enthusiasm rather standing with hands in pocket and appearing to have little feel of events unfolding in front of him. At end of game Lambert shook hands with most of our players and indicated to his supporters that the plaudits should be directed to their players.

I see in the Press that Lambert again referred to the unacceptable treatment he received from the Club last season. It would be very interesting if someone shone some light on this. The only matter which comes to mind is that McNally received a massive bonus whereas the real person who masterminded our success was Paul Lambert.

Got no issues with Lambert and wish him all the success.

He clearly does not get on with McNally. Money, or family issues?

[quote user="vos"]

Could not disagree more. Bearing in mind it was a win which should keep his team in the premiership I thought it was a very reasonable response. I wish our current manager would show more enthusiasm rather standing with hands in pocket and appearing to have little feel of events unfolding in front of him. At end of game Lambert shook hands with most of our players and indicated to his supporters that the plaudits should be directed to their players.

I see in the Press that Lambert again referred to the unacceptable treatment he received from the Club last season. It would be very interesting if someone shone some light on this. The only matter which comes to mind is that McNally received a massive bonus whereas the real person who masterminded our success was Paul Lambert.

[/quote]

Hands in his pockets ...I agree and said the same thing tonight when out and trying to pick the bones out of yesterday. No enthusiasm , unlike Lambert ..

Hey Chris. Could you jump around a bit , waving your hands and pump your fists, then a few fans would think that you are a proper manager.

[quote user="Largey24"]Got no issues with Lambert and wish him all the success. He clearly does not get on with McNally. Money, or family issues?[/quote]

Ne neither. But I don''t wish him success or failure. I don''t care. I''m a Norwich fan and for whatever reason he''s nothing to do with our club. The great Lambert homage on here last week was nauseous.

From what I have seen and heard from the board he didn''t get on with any of them. But notably Bowkett who can''t hide his contempt.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]

I understand managers get caught up in the heat of the moment as do players but his actions were just classless. Would you see Sir Alex celebrate like that against Aberdeen or Mourinho against Porto or Chelsea? No!

The man just stinks of in it for himself which is why he''ll never make it to the very very top. People at the top of their game have class and dignity which you lack in abundance Paul Lambert! Good Riddance![/quote]Totally disagree... Fergie would be the first to do this type of thing.  Anyway I imagine Lambert''s fist pumps were for our board, not the fans or club.

I''ve not even really heard any speculation as to what went on between Lambert & NCFC for him to leave, otehr than denying him permission to talk to Villa. If that were just the case, then Lambert probably would have gone to Villa either way.I think most of us knew he was just furthering his own ambitions with Norwich.

I personally didn''t see any problem with his celebration whatsoever. To be honest, I didn''t see it as any different to any goal he celebrated for us last season.

What would the crowd have done if it had been us score a last min winner ourselves? A polite and restrained applause followed by a swift return to our chairs, purely to respect the precarious situation that goal had put our now former managers new team in? Of course not.

Both parties have moved on and to be honest, apart from the national media trying to whip up a story that wasnt the main issue of the day, neither party appeared that concerned about each other yesterday as both had bigger fish to fry.

That may have been the goal that keeps Villa upfront.

If I were a Villa fan I''d be pretty pissed off if he hadn''t celebrated to be honest. What''s with all this nonsense nowadays about not celebrating against former teams? Lambert was manager for three years and did a fantastically unbelievable. He undoubtedly has respect for the fans, the club and the players who helped him through his time here. But now he''s got no connection to us, other than having to face us as opposition.

As I said, extremely important goal for them. Even if he planned on not celebrating, cannot blame him at all for doing so. He also more so turned towards the bench from what I saw. Not exactly shoving it in people''s faces.

It hurt so much to see Paul Lambert celebrating with his players at the end of the game. Awful scenes. That''s the man though. Once he leaves, you''re forgotten. He has a similar attitude in his personal life from what you read.

However, he has something special and despite a tough season, he will still go far in football management. He''s fantastic.

Completely agree with the OP. Paul Lambert does have a special something about him, and undoubtedly is a winner ...but that reaction to the club where he made his name as a manager, players and fans that idolised him, was indeed lacking in class. Completely unnecessary.

As my dear late father used to try and instil in me; in any charged situation - be ''statesmanlike'' (...sounds pompous, but wasn''t meant like that, rather, ''Do the right thing'')

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Thisisbabyish"]

The man just stinks of in it for himself which is why he''ll never make it to the very very top. People at the top of their game have class and dignity which you lack in abundance Paul Lambert! Good Riddance![/quote]Totally disagree... Fergie would be the first to do this type of thing.  Anyway I imagine Lambert''s fist pumps were for our board, not the fans or club.[/quote]Exactly.  I imagine the Villa fans were lapping all of that up, and he''s probably as highly regarded by his new employer''s fans as he has ever been.  I was pissed off to see what he was doing, but I understand why he did it.

He owes us nothing.

We owe him everything.

Get off his back.

He has a new team now and celebrates their goals as he used to celebrate ours (including when he went back to Colchester when I don''t remember any on here questioning his class).

Cantiaci - the general swell of opinion over Lambert is that he left Colchester for a very obvious step up to a ''bigger'' Club. This wasn''t anywhere near the scale of him jumping ship to Villa. Also the manner in which he ''ran'' toVilla. We have heard about Bowkett''s attempts to just want a conversation with Lambert before he spoke to Villa, and that by the time he got back from holiday, Lambert was half way to Birmingham. That''s what the comments relate to I suspect. We haven''t heard any comeback of note from Lambert in all this time. If it was a blatant fabrication, I am sure Lambert would have mentioned it

No one is denying what he did here ( although he started off in a win win situation in League 1, as opposed to take over an existing Prem Club). The issues about class are all about what has happened since the last time we played Villa at home

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Cantiaci - the general swell of opinion over Lambert is that he left Colchester for a very obvious step up to a ''bigger'' Club. This wasn''t anywhere near the scale of him jumping ship to Villa. Also the manner in which he ''ran'' toVilla. We have heard about Bowkett''s attempts to just want a conversation with Lambert before he spoke to Villa, and that by the time he got back from holiday, Lambert was half way to Birmingham. That''s what the comments relate to I suspect. We haven''t heard any comeback of note from Lambert in all this time. If it was a blatant fabrication, I am sure Lambert would have mentioned it

No one is denying what he did here ( although he started off in a win win situation in League 1, as opposed to take over an existing Prem Club). The issues about class are all about what has happened since the last time we played Villa at home

[/quote]

I think the whole reason he left for Aston Villa is because it was, ''a very obvious step up to a bigger Club''.

He is hungry to get to the very top and will leap from bigger club to bigger club (Wycombe-Colchester-Norwich-Villa-?) until he gets there and it is that fiery ambition that propelled us to where we are/were.

Anyway ... enough raking over old ground he''ll always be a marmite manager in our history and it''s pretty clear where I stand and always will.

All eyes to next Sunday!