Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Hughton must stay!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Mellow I can''t remember a time when I disagreed with your posts. In the early days your comical routines made me ...... wet my pants! I do, however, totally disagree on both points made. Hughton? Just can''t see it myself. If he insists in playing this awful football then he should have ensured his players could adopt. Look at Trollope and Calderwood''s CV''s. Are you impressed? Why is Hughton employing them? Not a forward amongst them. Premier League? The only place to aim for if the club has ambition and it does. I take your point viz money etc but please please let''s stay up[/quote]

I''m MELLO YELLO......Nothing to do with the OP.......

Hughton definitely needs to stay for the final two games of the season. No-one is going to come in on such short notice and instantly galvanise the squad. At this stage we need a steady ship.The next question is if he is to go then when? There''s logic that he should be given games for next season to show what he can do with ''his'' squad. Personally I feel with Hughton at the helm we will continue to set out for draws and play 4-4-1-1 at home in must-win games. He''s had an entire season, has practically built his own starting XI (but refuses to play two of his own signings) and I just don''t see us doing anything next year IF we survive apart from adopt a defensive mentality from day one. The summer is vital for any new manager to come in and get his kind of player.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Hughton definitely needs to stay for the final two games of the season. No-one is going to come in on such short notice and instantly galvanise the squad. At this stage we need a steady ship.

The next question is if he is to go then when? There''s logic that he should be given games for next season to show what he can do with ''his'' squad. Personally I feel with Hughton at the helm we will continue to set out for draws and play 4-4-1-1 at home in must-win games. He''s had an entire season, has practically built his own starting XI (but refuses to play two of his own signings) and I just don''t see us doing anything next year IF we survive apart from adopt a defensive mentality from day one. The summer is vital for any new manager to come in and get his kind of player.
[/quote]

And for the last two games Neil Adams would give us that.

Mellow I can''t remember a time when I disagreed with your posts. In the

early days your comical routines made me ...... wet my pants!
You''re mistaking me for someone else...

the problem we have is that if Neil Adams won us our last 2 games, or kept us up the fans would go into overdrive to keep him on as full time manager...I wouldn''t do this.. also, Neil Adams has worked with Youth players, not the egos of first team professionals.. it will take a manager with first team experience and a bit of success to come in should Hughton depart.

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]Hughton is a good manager, he makes decent signings and he is looking long term and trying to make this club operate on a sustainable basis. [/quote]Maybe he should focus on beating poor opposition who can''t string three passes together before worrying about "looking long-term". Or is his long-term view similar to that of Neil Doncaster''s?

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]Mellow I can''t remember a time when I disagreed with your posts. In the early days your comical routines made me ...... wet my pants!

You''re mistaking me for someone else...
[/quote]

Yes, me.......but you knew that didn''t you.....

Cheers Mello. How can Mellow get away with that name.

I should have noticed a couple of W''s in there (and there''s a few on this board) but stupidly did not notice the lack of avatar

So, apart from out Manager, all is well in the world!