Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Hughton must stay!

I hope the Chairman and board show strength like Wigan do with their manager. Hughton is a good manager, he makes decent signings and he is looking long term and trying to make this club operate on a sustainable basis. Sadly I believe events have conspired against him; he cannot control individual mistakes and loss of form, or referees decisions. Even if we were to be relegated from this money obsessed league (with all the crap that goes with that) he is good enough to bring us back again (not even sure i want to). We do not want to become a sacking club unnecessarily...look what happened to Wolves!You may detect some cynicism of the premier league...correct...I can see a time when the rest break away. It sucks and its hard to enjoy unless you are top 6. I actually enjoyed our time in League 1 and the Championship more!

I actually agree with you on enjoying the Championship more. It''s a far better league in diversity and football styles, more games and we''ve far more passionate games in that league as well. However, for the good of the club we need to be in the premier league - and Hughton is NOT that man. His record is abysmal, the football being played is flat, obvious and easier to break down with each passing game. Even if we do get relegated, I do not want Hughton - he would probably employ the same tactics in the championship!!

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]I hope the Chairman and board show strength like Wigan do with their manager. Hughton is a good manager, he makes decent signings and he is looking long term and trying to make this club operate on a sustainable basis. Sadly I believe events have conspired against him; he cannot control individual mistakes and loss of form, or referees decisions. Even if we were to be relegated from this money obsessed league (with all the crap that goes with that) he is good enough to bring us back again (not even sure i want to). We do not want to become a sacking club unnecessarily...look what happened to Wolves!

You may detect some cynicism of the premier league...correct...I can see a time when the rest break away. It sucks and its hard to enjoy unless you are top 6. I actually enjoyed our time in League 1 and the Championship more!
[/quote]

Okay, you are Mr Hughton and I claim my £10.

The fool you want to save is going to cost our club £50 million quid.

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]Sadly I believe events have conspired against him; he cannot control individual mistakes and loss of form, or referees decisions.[/quote]He can however send a football team out to try and win games away from home.  When you sacrifice your attacking threat with the aim of taking a point, by and large you deserve what you get.That said, Holt''s missed penalty against Southampton could have made such a difference.I don''t know about Hughton, I have been a defender of his (he likes defenders) but I have always said I expect next season to be different if we stay up, and I''m just not sure it will be.  More to the point, I''m not sure we''ll ever know what might have happened if we did stay up. 

His style is not suited to Norwich. I said it from the day he started and he is even worse than I imagined at that time.  

This season has not been about bad refereeing or loss of form - yes this can make a bit of difference, but not that much.This season has been about a lack of tactical intelligence up front and a lack of determination from the entire squad to stick out a match for the full 90+ minutes (notably the very two things that we excelled at last season).  He hasn''t even managed to shore up the defence!In short, this season has been about the failure of the manager.Do I want him to stay? Hell no!  The longer he stays, the longer we will continue on this downward spiral of negative football and goal-less games.I agree he''s brought in some good players, but the clear evidence in front of us shows that it doesn''t take him long to beat any semblence of creativity or attacking intent out of them, so what''s the point?Even if we do stay up, I think we need a change to a manager who better understands the balance between defence and attack and is much, much more tactically aware during games, such that he can change the course of a game (not making pointless and belated substitutions on the 90th minute for example).

To be fair to Hughton...

The amount of times we don''t get shots off, is due to bad decisions made by so called creativity midfielders... Hoolahan and Snodgrass.

Has Snoddy had an assist from open play so far this season.

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]he cannot control individual mistakes and loss of form, or referees decisions. [/quote]No one can be held responsible for what they cannot control, only for what they can control - tactics, formation, team selection.If he had got those 3 things right then we wouldn''t be worrying about individual mistakes or referee decisons.As "loss of form", of course he can control it. That''s why we''ve got a squad of 25 players.

Mellow I can''t remember a time when I disagreed with your posts. In the early days your comical routines made me ...... wet my pants!

I do, however, totally disagree on both points made. Hughton? Just can''t see it myself. If he insists in playing this awful football then he should have ensured his players could adopt. Look at Trollope and Calderwood''s CV''s. Are you impressed? Why is Hughton employing them? Not a forward amongst them.

Premier League? The only place to aim for if the club has ambition and it does. I take your point viz money etc but please please let''s stay up

Has Chris Hughton ever looked the part as Norwich City manager.

That might seem an odd thing to say but players suit certain clubs by and large and vice versa.

For me he has always had the air of a temp as have his management team.

Lambert was an individually driven character but for the time he was here, especially with Cully and Crooky felt OURS. This was why we found it hard to lose him.

When we played Spurs the Spurs fans sang ''You''ll always be Spurs'' to him and he applauded them as he was ith the a long time as player and coach.

He has a status within the game and likes to talk in broad term about the elite clubs, never appreciating he manages a media peripheral club but nonetheless one of the most parochial clubs in football.

I simply cannot see things changing. It is a difficult thing to quantify but despite everything he has been given a massive amount of slack by Norwich fans sold on the theory that he is a nice guy.

He has been given a huge amount of slack by the fans this season, the 10 game unbeaten run being enough to satisfy many people that he was the right man for the job,despite the subsequent poor performance of the team and his glaring lack of ability to manage the team or the squad. I think many have been seduced by his charming manner and the impression that he is a really good guy, which I am sure he is, regrettably for him and disasterously for us it takes a bit more than that to be a successful manager.

I think the fact we set up not to lose against Luton typifies why he has to leave, he can''t judge when to attack or defend and so the players are left clueless. He has washed away any of the confidence left from last season, the squad''s mood is evidently in tatters and this is clearly how he intends to manage Norwich, evidenced by his refusal to change it up at all.
No, I couldn''t abide another season of this wherever we may be. I don''t want to bang on about the Norwich way, but Hughton is completely juxtaposed to what Norwich football should and mostly has been.

I really wish I could be bothered to drag up the thread where people were debating who they wanted as the new manager after Lambert dumped us, but I''m really not that petty.I seem to remember names like Holloway, Roy Keane, Curbishley and Maclaren being bandied around quite a lot.Have people actually considered that these managers they wish we had got maybe didn''t apply for the job, or were turned down because they cost too much?Whatever you may say, there was a general consensus of folks being fairly pleased with Hughton.Fans, eh?

I had no idea Hughton would be so poor at the beginning of the season, however, five months ago I fully realised it but McNally and the Board didn''t or didn''t choose to do anything about it as, for example, Southampton did.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I had no idea Hughton would be so poor at the beginning of the season, however, five months ago I fully realised it but McNally and the Board didn''t or didn''t choose to do anything about it as, for example, Southampton did.[/quote]Did you try ringing, or emailing, to let them know this?

My point being, Mr Hucker, is that if you, as a mere internet forummer recognised that Hughton wasn''t the man for the job 5 MONTHS AGO, how did our board not come to the same conclusion?Have they failed us?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]No provocation this time Morty.

Perhaps time to dial the condescending and patronising tone down a notch?[/quote]If people post opinions, is it not fair they have justification for them?

They were seduced in the same way that you were Morty

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]The phoning or emailing comment added nothing to the thread other than having a pop at his opinion.[/quote]Thanks for your opinion, and you added what to the debate here?My point is the current running theme of people being very clever after the fact. I post here a lot, as you may know, and I take a lot in, I notice who posts what, and all of a sudden, who changes their mind depending on which way the wind is blowing.Now if you are done being Mr Forum policeman and trying to tell me how I should conduct business, I shall bid you good day sir[Y]

Feel free to do that Morty.

Just ponting out that after you said on another thread that you were only being confrontational because you had a right to have a go back when "idiots" had a pop at you, that you had no provocation this time.

If you want to call that being "Mr Forum Policeman" then so be it, but it''s certainly not worse than "If you post your opinion on an Internet messageboard then prepare to have it challenged".

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Feel free to do that Morty.

Just ponting out that after you said on another thread that you were only being confrontational because you had a right to have a go back when "idiots" had a pop at you, that you had no provocation this time.

If you want to call that being "Mr Forum Policeman" then so be it, but it''s certainly not worse than "If you post your opinion on an Internet messageboard then prepare to have it challenged".[/quote]Thanks for your input[Y]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Mature Morty, mature.[/quote]I actually have no interest whatsoever in what you have to say, so have no answer for you, I''m afraid.So you may as well stop going on and on.

Awww now you''ve hurt my feelings!

I realise this may come as a huge shock but the world isn''t waiting on your every word either. Unfortunately I''ve had no option but to see far too many of them today, invariable insulting people or just generally trying to pick a fight.

Perhaps when you look back on you "business" today you''ll realise that you''ve acted like a right tit. Probably not though eh.

I''ll leave you to have the last word, as I''m sure you will...