Sign in to follow this  
zippy230255

Agbonlahor

I really think we played quite well against Villa. I think if we''d had Agbonlahor or a striker of his quality in the Norwich team we''d have won quite easily. In my opinion we should have used Becchio a lot more, he''s no Agbonlahor but he did seem to know where the net was at Leeds which has been our problem.

[quote user="zippy230255"]I really think we played quite well against Villa. I think if we''d had Agbonlahor or a striker of his quality in the Norwich team we''d have won quite easily. In my opinion we should have used Becchio a lot more, he''s no Agbonlahor but he did seem to know where the net was at Leeds which has been our problem.[/quote]

I thought the performance was good.   We were mugged by Abgonlahor, who on his day can be unstoppable, so it was no disgrace.  Taken as one match it wasn''t as bad as people are making out.   It was the importance of it that made it difficult to take - and the fact it was Villa.  The hysteria on here has been well over the top.   People need to take a big breath and have the nerve to stay with Hughton and the players to get us over the line next week.   Becchio may be having off field problems or maybe isn''t up to scratch

fitness wise, otherwise surely he would have featured more. 

The the main frustration of supporting City these days is that we never look really far off the mark, but for various reasons we simply don''t get what we want/need. In the 89th minute I would not have minded if someone rugby-tackled Agbonlahor and got red-carded, if that stopped him from scoring. I heard many pundits saying that we don''t look relegation stuff, but how do you stay up without the points...?

There was more than Gabby between the two sides. You created nothing of note from open play in 90 odd minutes, yet we could have been three up before the penalty.

[quote user="Dodds"]There was more than Gabby between the two sides. You created nothing of note from open play in 90 odd minutes, yet we could have been three up before the penalty.[/quote]

Then why weren''t you?  

Its a shame we allowed a bang-average striker to have such a good game against us. I feel if we actually played Becchio and/or jackson to counter their pace in defence and didn''t play as wide on Saturday we could have beaten Vile at their own game. The only thing I like about Agbon is his pace, which I think is the only thing he has to his game. Hence why Birms, WBA and Wolves fans always call Villa "a team full of pace-whores". [:@]

I just find it frustrating that for long stretches of the game, especailly the first half we were completely in control yet made no real chances of note, watching th Sky highlights they had the stat that at one point in the first half we had 80% of the possesion. It simply boggles the mind that we can be that in control yet still not test the keeper. Then with the few chances that we had we really should have done better, Snodgrass should have lashed that free kick rather than trying to place it, and there was that excellent build up play and  cross that Holt should have done far better with rather than heading over. The second half and Wes taking that cross away from Martin was again just really poor and bad communication... all made even more frustrating, as we simply didnt create a whole lot else.

[quote user="Dodds"]...because we missed gilt edged chances.[/quote]

Its the same for any team, goals win matches - you scored two through Abgonlahor, hence he is the one that won it for you.  Its not rocket science.

Dodd''s wrote "...because we missed gilt edged chances."

But then again, so did we. Holt missed a couple that last season he would have buried. Hoolahan and Martin got in each others way for what would have been a dead cert goal.

I don''t think Villa outplayed us at all. They got the ball in the net twice - once from a beauty of a strike from distance. To be fair, that was all that was between the teams.

Had Bennett have been sent off for the foul for the penalty then I wonder if you would have been able to get forward as much as Lambert would in all probability replaced one of your three attacking players with a defender, and possibly asked one of the others to drop wide.