Interesting one

I personally think Malky would have been ok last season playing for Norwich, but its too late to say that now!

I''m sorry to say that I was one of people who went on about how slow Malkay was and how he''d have been ripped to shreds by Premiership attackers.

In the end we couldn''t really have conceeded anymore goals than we did do and I can''t help but feel that for every goal conceeded because Malkay was beaten for pace, 3/4 goals would have been prevented because of his presense, height and organisational skills.

Malkay and Shacks at the back? Would have been a winner. Hindsight, eh?

If Malky wasn''t good enough for us last year, why would he be any better this year?  I know we''re in the first Div again but Malky was bloody slow last time was here.  I should think Michael Wynn Jones could out pace him now!

Hindsight indeed, but there are no guarantees in football... Had Worthy not shipped Mackay out, then we''d probably have had another season of him and Flem together and, as you say, we''d probably not have shipped any more goals, but then would Shackell have got his chance at all??

If we did keep him and not play him, then he''d have had a season on the bench, and would probably have got annoyed with that too, whereas he got a good run in the squad at West Ham and, of course, got to score against those Scummers once more... and who can say that''s a bad thing?

All in all I feel it was the right decision for both club and player, its just a shame we didn''t get someone in better than him!

[quote]I''m sorry to say that I was one of people who went on about how slow Malkay was and how he''d have been ripped to shreds by Premiership attackers. In the end we couldn''t really have conceeded anymore ...[/quote]

Hindsight?  Nah yellow tinted specs - Flem was better than Malky in the champs season and would have been more exposed on the ground than flem was - Fuller tore Malky apart when we played Preston at the end of our champs season and he is not prem class.  Malky and Shacks would have been no different to Flem and Shacks.

Time to move on and use the youth we have - save our transfer kitty for the midfield and right back and go with doc and Shacks and fall back in charlie if needed - both partnerships are good enough for the fizzy pop and better than either Malk or Flem.

OTBC  

I''ll admit i was in the same ''Malky''s too slow'' camp, and he was! I remember seeing him have about a 6 yard headstart on Ricardo Fuller, when he was at preston, and Fuller managed to catch and overtake Malky and get through on goal. having said that, he did leave pretty abruptly and there''s always room for a morale building character in the dressing room. I mean, you never know, stick him in a game here and there, up for corners we might have got a draw or win were we didnt, but hey it''s all hindsight!
Shackell has come through well, a year in the Championship and he''ll be an even bigger force i reckon, same with McKenzie and (hopefully) Jonson, so that when we go back up next year they''ll hit a good run of a few years worth of form!