Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Last Day Survival

I was at Charlton and Fulham for our relegations on the last day of the season - but can anyone enlighten me as to if we have ever dodged the bullet on the last day of the season when we could potentially go down?

Not a good omen, but yes I am going to Man City - surely though its time our luck changed in these situations.

[quote user="NWCoastCanary"]

I was at Charlton and Fulham for our relegations on the last day of the season - but can anyone enlighten me as to if we have ever dodged the bullet on the last day of the season when we could potentially go down?

Not a good omen, but yes I am going to Man City - surely though its time our luck changed in these situations.

[/quote]

It will have to be settled before ManCity.    WBA is the deciding day.  

If it comes to the last day we are toast.

A possible analogy though would be 72/73 when we beat Palace in our final home game to survive which was similarly do or die.

At least I think it was the final home game and not the final game. Memory can play tricks these days. It was certainly the defining game.

COYY

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]If it comes to the last day we are toast.

A possible analogy though would be 72/73 when we beat Palace in our final home game to survive which was similarly do or die.

At least I think it was the final home game and not the final game. Memory can play tricks these days. It was certainly the defining game.

COYY[/quote]

The difference in 1973 was that it was us or them.    36,000 there that night.   Just wow.