Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Who's going down then?...

Just a simple answer as in who you think will go down...

Newcastle

I think if Wigan lose tonight they will go down. Only problem is i dont think they will lose tonight. I expect Newcastle to beat QPR at the weekend.

Its outta us & Wigan, sadly tho i think we will be relying on them slipping up rather than us doing the business.

Also think it will be between us and Wigan. We''ll have a better idea after tomorrow.

At this moment I''d have to say us, need The Swans to do us a favour.

Eadie4England wrote - "I think if Wigan lose tonight they will go down. Only problem is i dont think they will lose tonight. I expect Newcastle to beat QPR at the weekend."

I don''t see Wigan losing tonight, I don''t see Wigan winning tonight and I don''t see Wigan drawing tonight either.

Down to the wire.....Wigan v Villa in my opinion will be the decider for us retaining Premiership status.......and Lambert doesn''t owe us any favours.....unfortunately.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

I don''t see Wigan losing tonight, I don''t see Wigan winning tonight and I don''t see Wigan drawing tonight either.

[/quote]

Haha! Agreed.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Haha! Agreed.

[/quote]Can definitely see them ''parking the bus''....... [:$]

Difficult - but we should get something from WBA (our players should be willing to sweat blood for the cause, theirs will hopefully be less bothered), and if we do we should be ok.

Assuming it isn''t us, I reckon/hope Wigan will run out of steam - I think most neutrals are getting pretty fed up with them. They have picked up some injuries recently and will hopefully get a draw at best v Swansea.

[quote user="SYG"]Just a simple answer as in who you think will go down... Newcastle[/quote]

If only we could predict football results. Newcastle 1 away win all season. QPR 2 home defeats all season. Logic would say that''s a draw. Arsenal have only lost away to Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and.......... us. So logically they won''t lose at Toon. So that''s 2 draws at best. In this case a win against WBA would be enough. But will we...

Little sign yet of Wigan slipping up - a good away win at WBA, and now only 3 points behind us with a game in hand. They have to win two of their last three games, and we are sunk, because I can''t see us getting more than one more point.

Wigan are playing a Michu-less Swansea tomorrow at Wigan, and I expect them to win. A week later they are away to Arsenal, and ought to struggle, and Villa on the final day at home. I expect them to at least draw against Villa.

It''s not looking good for us. Our only hope is to beat WBA but I can''t see this happening. So it is very likely, in my view, that we shall be down. I would like to be more cheerful, but with the defence leaking from errors and a goal-shy attack.....

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Haha! Agreed.

[/quote]Can definitely see them ''parking the bus''....... [:$][/quote]That''s insanely early for a game on Tuesday [;)]

Southampton.

There have been a lot of twists at the bottom of the table and this will be the last with them losing at Sunderland and drawing at home to Stoke on the last day.

Wigan pick up a couple of wins v Swansea and Villa.

Villa get a point at home to Chelsea, ditto Fulham v Liverpool.

Sunderland get 4 points from Stoke and Southampton.

City beat West Brom,

Host of teams safe on 41 points with Southampton relegated on 40.

[quote user="Phil Schmil"]Southampton.

There have been a lot of twists at the bottom of the table and this will be the last with them losing at Sunderland and drawing at home to Stoke on the last day.

Wigan pick up a couple of wins v Swansea and Villa.

Villa get a point at home to Chelsea, ditto Fulham v Liverpool.

Sunderland get 4 points from Stoke and Southampton.

City beat West Brom,

Host of teams safe on 41 points with Southampton relegated on 40.[/quote]

Plus Newcastle win at QPR

I really think that we will finally do the business against West Brom and then go up to Manchester and get something . Where Mancini and half of the team will have their bags packed and taxis waiting outside the stadium.

Southampton to go down

Newcastle. Completely shot. Exhausted after so many games.

Might get a point at QPR but pride has to kick in at some point. Rangers did ok against Arsenal.

Arsenal have to win at newcastle. Simple as. Actually, they have to beat Wigan too. Arsenal are not top two but they re good enough to win against lower teams when itmatters.

Reading and QPR fo'' sho''. Then between us and Wigan. I can''t see us getting a win against West Brom so it really needs a Wigan slip-up [:S] Thank God for FA Cup finals

Well after a season of optimism I''m officially wringing my pants out after the weekend. I have a horrible feeling it''s going to be us. Little things seem to be going against us. That said, Newcastle need to be very, very worried.

How about ... Fulham. (most exciting scenario) or Villa

Amazingly, all the bottom half, except the bottom 2, are involved in the relegation scrap. Any of those on 40 points could conceivably lose their last two and go down.

For the sake of my heart and fingernails, though, let''s just hope it''s  Wigan, who lose next 2 and we get something against the Baggies.

However, I reckon whoever is in 18th spot at the end will have 40points (I''m thinking we''ll still get another win). That''s my bold prediction. No idea really of course.   

I don''t think 40 will be enough this year. I''ve done the predictor five times (probably not healthy), I''ve done it completely honestly and Villa have gone down every time.

We have to beat West Brom though simply. Three points against them and I think we''ll be okay.

After this weekends results I have nearly lost all confidence of us staying up. Poor football, poor tactics and lady luck has obviously flown away.

We have had too many ''''must win'' and ''mustn''t lose'' games and, apart from Reading at home, we''ve not done the job. Can''t see how Sunday is going to be any different. Same manager, same back room staff, same players.

The cup final has come at a good time for us. It was always at the end of the season, which wouldn''t benefit us as things stand now.

In answer to the question : Wigan or Us :(