Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

25 Man Squad Limit

Ok so just a quick question on the 25 man squad rule. I believe that although players cannot be unregistered and registered during non-transfer window season, if a squad has less than 25 people registered then you can add another player at any point during the season (i believe some clubs have done this before, bringing in out of contract players during the season and putting them in the squad?). Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, does anyone know if we have registered 25 players, or could there be a space for Vaughan to come in.
Also, slightly off-topic, am i right in thinking if we sign Kamara on a perm, he can play the final two games of the season?

I think the 25 man squad is full.

And no, we can''t sign Kamara on a permanent transfer until the transfer window. Unless there is some special rule.

Pricey, yes, we could bring Kamara back for the last two games and next season.

And we wouldn''t be allowed to bring Vaughan back in as he''s not been registered in the 25 squad list. Early holiday for him.

How can we bring Kamara back?

Never heard of a rule allowing a player to be signed outside of transfer window allowed to play? Because the transfer doesn''t happen until the window opens.

International loans are contracted until the end of the season and are classed as permanent signings in that respect. So, unless norwich have contacted the Premier League secretary to cancel his registration with the club - which is implausible in all honesty - they are allowed to keep him until the end of the season.

i don''t think so as the original agreement was until today. there is no agreement to extend the original loan deal so he can not play for us until we sign him permanently, and as we have sent him back to Kansas, that cannot happen until July 1st.

Star, the gentlemen''s agreement between the two clubs may well have been until May 4, however, to get the transfer through he will have been signed until the end of the season.

Most likely, a deal could''ve been done to sign Kamara on a permanent transfer and Sporting Kansas would in turn waiver the previous loan contract end date.

"Pricey, yes, we could bring Kamara back for the last two games and next season. "

No, we couldnt.

Also Re. Vaughan, you cannot recall players from season long loans and even if we could he cannot be registered outside of a registration window.

Iwan, the agreement was with the MLS, and i believe they insisted on the deal ending today so that he could return for his club and miss only one or two games of their new season. i would guess there was also the idea that this would put pressure on us to make the move permanent by the last day of the loan to keep him til the end of our season.