Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNewbee

Norwich City have confirmed that Kei Kamara's loan spell with the club has ended

Norwich City have confirmed that Kei Kamara''s loan spell with the club has ended and that he has returned to Sporting Kansas City.

Kamara signed on loan with Norwich in January and has netted just once in his eleven outings for the club.

Robb Heineman, CEO of Sporting Club said that the Canaries had declined the option to extend Kamara''s stay.

Kamara took to Twitter to thank the club and supporters. He said: "I want to thank the Norwich City organisation for everything they did for me. Not everyone gets to live their dreams, but they gave me mine.

"Also thank you to all the fans in the UK especially in Norwich, Norfolk for welcoming me with warm arms. Top class people/fans.

"Will always have a place in my heart for Norwich. #HeartShapedHands to all u guys & I wish the boys best of luck in next 2 weeks. God bless."

Kamara could return for Sporting as soon as Wednesday against the Seattle Sounders.

Not good enough to sign but clearly good enough to receive a number of starting spots and minutes on the pitch ahead of Becci-who, Cinnamon and Benno #Jesuswept

I''m a bit confused on the "Extending his stay" - does that mean we could have extended the loan til at least the end of the season or does that mean we would had to have bought him out right?
If the prior, why on earth didn''t we take that option. There is absolutely no denying we could use Kamara these next couple of weeks. Better with than without.

I think its crazy that we let a player go who has been a first team regualr for the last 3 months for our 2 most important games of the season!! Who will replace him in the team? Beccio? Jackson? - Why havent they replaced him by now? If we were due not to extend KK''s loan, surely we should have played formations without him before winging it for the last 2 games of the season.This smacks of amaturism if you ask me, andI think if this is done just to save a few quid, it is very short sighted and the implications could be massive.

You''re two days late with this "news" OP but I agree with NWC. Why not take up the option so he was available for those crucial two games, then offload some of our unused strikers and keep him as a squad player for next season? We could have sold him on for a profit at a later date. It seems Mcnally is short-sighted and thinking we can''t afford the 2 million if we might get relegated.

The CEO of Kansas seemed to hint, that Norwich needed to be safe to keep him.

Which is probably why, there has been lots of talking going on.