I''ve only just seen the Villa highlights and I think Ruddy would have saved the first goal as he has a bigger reach and generally he is a better goalie. I have been calling for Ruddy to be re-instated and I think now is as good a time as any.

I would question Bunn''s positioning on both if I was overly critical.

That far out for the first, most would have been on the 6 yard line possible a bit further out and he probably saves it.

However, he is a backup goalie and little things like that are the difference between Ruddy and him.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]He conceded 3 in his last development game. You don''t think that might have something to do with him not being picked?[/quote]

Did you see the goals?

I was a tad dissapointed, I think we has wrong footed for the first, seemed to stall in his dive allowing it to creep past when a strong early dive might have given him a chance to get a hand to it. I have no idea whats going on with Ruddy in training, for all I know he could be looking really rusty and it simply wouldnt be worth the risk, but if he is cracking on then I think maybe his inclusion in the team or even a start on Sunday might just be the lift we need.

Not the only person to notice that the nosedive down the table seemed to coincide with Ruddy''s injury.

Of course losing the best goalkeeper in the country has contributed to our bad form but whatever you think of the management, they''re not total idiots. They''ve obviously made a judgement based on Ruddy''s performances in the development matches and in training that''s he''s not ready. It''s pointless saying things like ''I think Ruddy would have saved it'' as you have no idea whether he would have done or not at his current level or form and fitness.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]whatever you think of the management, they''re not total idiots.[/quote]I don''t know, they keep leaving Tettey and Whittaker on the bench and using Martin and Howson in preference even though they have poorer pedigrees and are all round poorer players. We won our first game in months against Reading playing Holt and Kamara up front playing 4-4-2 (having won our last game against Everton when we changed to a 4-4-2 and played Holt and Kamara up front) but promptly reverted back to our poor 4-5-1 formation and lost the next two games. He''s now sent Kamara back to US despite using him in the last 10 odd games and him changing the game when he came on against Villa (in shockingly a 4-4-2 with Holt and Kamara up front) and setting up Holt with two good chances when he hadn''t had a shot before he was on the pitch.I think whether they''re total idiots is currently a point of debate.

He also kept a clean sheet in one of the other development games so moot point really, its different standard.

IF he isn''t fit or up to scratch, why on earth has he sat out the last two U21 games? Both of which were at home so not as if travelling issues for getting back and even on the bench for the villa match.

And I believe he is fit, wouldn''t answer whether he was because ''he''d get in trouble''. He wanted to play and it was idiotic to leave a man who has the potential to keep us up single-handedly on the golf course. We lost our last two games when he could''ve been playing, even if we''d still lost he''d most definitely be up to speed. Sums up Hughton''s ineptness of the season, strange decisions like this.

''He''s now sent Kamara back to the US''

That wasn''t a choice you know.

And Howson and Martin are not all round poorer players.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

''He''s now sent Kamara back to the US''

That wasn''t a choice you know.

[/quote]

Don''t know if you use Twitter, but Bethnal Y&G (who also posts on here) implied that perhaps it was. Don''t really know how it works but I think it''s something to do with International loans actually transferring the players registration, but apparently if we''d decided to keep Kei on a permanent basis then he could have been available for the last 2 games.

Can''t quite get my head around what happened with there still. I thought we were told that no decision would be made on his future until after the weekend, yet an announcement was made at 7pm on Saturday. I don''t think Kei did anything to hurt his chances in the few minutes he was on the pitch so I''m left to make the assumption that the decision had been made before kick off.

If that was indeed the case then why would you put him on the bench at the expense of Becchio, who it looks like we''ll need in the final games, and why not give the fans an opportunity to say goodbye. I think he deserved that much.

Seems an odd situation on the face of it, but maybe I''m reading too much into it.

I really hope so and would expect him to be here. There may well be bids for him in the summer but if we stay up we don''t need to sell and he''s likely to be happy to stay as he''s first choice in a premiership team and playing for ''lil'' ol'' Naarwich'' hasn''t hurt his England chances.

Mind you an £8M bid from the likes of Arsenal would give him and the club food for thought.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

I''m probably wrong, but I got the feeling it may have been his decision?

[/quote]

Possibly. Although that would go against other things I''ve heard.

sorry, for me Bunn is not up to the task. apart from his stature, his distribution from hand is really poor. he is never creative in his kicking, and never throws the ball out to his backs or midfielders. inevitably we lose possession when he kicks down-field, thus putting immediate pressure on our mid-fielders. if we suffer relegation, we expect Ruddy to leave. i can''t see him wanting to jeopardize his international future by playing in the Championship. we should also off load Bunn at the same time, and put our faith in Rudd and Steer, both of whom are potentially very good players. if we just by-pass them it makes a mockery of our academy system.

Bunn is not as good as Ruddy. He can''t be expected to be. If you were as good as an England goalkeeper would you warm the bench at Norwich.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]I''ve only just seen the Villa highlights and I think Ruddy would have saved the first goal as he has a bigger reach and generally he is a better goalie. I have been calling for Ruddy to be re-instated and I think now is as good a time as any.[/quote]

Look...you can''t keep nitpicking  and being very selective on the type of shots you think Bunn should be saving! You have got to look at the complete picture and be judgemental over the entirety of games this season he has played. The acquisition of Bunn into the squad has been nothing  short of a revelation this season and a lesser keeper would probably have had us cut adrift at the bottom now...already relegated!  He has come into the team on very short notice and has conducted himself to a very high standard...remember...he was bought as back up to Ruddy not as our number one!  There is no point in bringing Ruddy back into the fray with 2 games remaining and leaving a match fit and inform goalkeeper on the sidelines. If Ruddy is good enough he will regain his jersey next season when it is justified and he has earned it!  What would happen if you brought Ruddy back for the next game and we conceded six! Would you then be saying that we should have persevered with Bunn because Ruddy was just not match fit and ready for a game of this magnitude! You can''t keep blaming the goalkeeper every time we concede...the defending should start from the front line filter through into the midfield and finish with the defenders! As I recall...we played Manchester City last season with Ruddy between the posts and conceded a hatful...should we have talent scouted for a replacement then?

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"][quote user="Jersey Canary"]I''ve only just seen the Villa highlights and I think Ruddy would have saved the first goal as he has a bigger reach and generally he is a better goalie. I have been calling for Ruddy to be re-instated and I think now is as good a time as any.[/quote]

Look...you can''t keep nitpicking  and being very selective on the type of shots you think Bunn should be saving! You have got to look at the complete picture and be judgemental over the entirety of games this season he has played. The acquisition of Bunn into the squad has been nothing  short of a revelation this season and a lesser keeper would probably have had us cut adrift at the bottom now...already relegated!  He has come into the team on very short notice and has conducted himself to a very high standard...remember...he was bought as back up to Ruddy not as our number one!  There is no point in bringing Ruddy back into the fray with 2 games remaining and leaving a match fit and inform goalkeeper on the sidelines. If Ruddy is good enough he will regain his jersey next season when it is justified and he has earned it!  What would happen if you brought Ruddy back for the next game and we conceded six! Would you then be saying that we should have persevered with Bunn because Ruddy was just not match fit and ready for a game of this magnitude! You can''t keep blaming the goalkeeper every time we concede...the defending should start from the front line filter through into the midfield and finish with the defenders! As I recall...we played Manchester City last season with Ruddy between the posts and conceded a hatful...should we have talent scouted for a replacement then?[/quote]this is a very specious argument. Ruddy was in goal for the first game of the season and we shipped 5, but this was with a defense that did not include Garrido, Whittaker or Bassong.. it is not the shot stopping alone that is the problem with Bunn, but what happens when he has the ball in his hands. Ruddys distribution is so much better than Bunns that there can be no comparison. good distribution from the goalie automatically puts the team on the front foot, and thus makes the whole side more positive. this is what we are badly lacking at the moment.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Of course losing the best goalkeeper in the country has contributed to our bad form but whatever you think of the management, they''re not total idiots. They''ve obviously made a judgement based on Ruddy''s performances in the development matches and in training that''s he''s not ready. It''s pointless saying things like ''I think Ruddy would have saved it'' as you have no idea whether he would have done or not at his current level or form and fitness.[/quote]

The fact is Bunn didn''t save it and it doesn''t get any worse than that. Had Ruddy let it in the we would be no worse off than we are now.

PL strikers have realised that if the place the ball n the owners Bunn won''t get there due to his lack of inches.

All this Ruddy to Arsenal talk is just crap, for half the money we would want for Ruddy any team can go abroad anfd get a cheaper keeper equally as good. If he goes we won''t get £4m.  Best stay up he signed new 4 year contract after being called up for England.  Ruddy to play against WBA will lift crowd.

[quote user="star_manic"]

it is not the shot stopping alone that is the problem with Bunn, but what happens when he has the ball in his hands. Ruddys distribution is so much better than Bunns that there can be no comparison. good distribution from the goalie automatically puts the team on the front foot, and thus makes the whole side more positive. this is what we are badly lacking at the moment.

[/quote]

Villa''s winner came from such an instance. Bunn had the ball in his hands on the edge of the box, Garrido was in acres of space on the left hand side, there wasn''t a Villa player within 25yds of him, throw the ball out to him and not only do we have possession but we''re attacking an empty space, instead the ball is launched up the field, we lose the header and 10 seconds later the ball is in the back of the net.

I suppose in fairness to Bunn it''s rare that you see any of the defenders or CM''s dropping off wanting the ball when he has it. Building from the back doesn''t seems to be a forgotten art for us these days, not sure you can lay the blame for that squarely at the feet of Bunn.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Villa''s winner came from such an instance. Bunn had the ball in his hands on the edge of the box, Garrido was in acres of space on the left hand side, there wasn''t a Villa player within 25yds of him, throw the ball out to him and not only do we have possession but we''re attacking an empty space, instead the ball is launched up the field, we lose the header and 10 seconds later the ball is in the back of the net.

I suppose in fairness to Bunn it''s rare that you see any of the defenders or CM''s dropping off wanting the ball when he has it. Building from the back seems to be a forgotten art for us these days, not sure you can lay the blame for that squarely at the feet of Bunn.

[/quote]

Corrected.

Edit. Button. Please.

Having just seen the sky analysis he was clearly at fault for the second goal on saturday

Yeah - just watched the sky review (still amazes me how not rubbish G Neviile is at this to be honest)

Bunn should have stopped at least one, if not both. Ruddy must play on Saturday unless he is unfit.

Also infuriated again watching holt''s half hearted attempt to challenge for the bouncing ball on the halfway line immediately prior to the goal.