Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Cometh the hour....Cometh the man!

I have a sneaky little feeling that Jacko could be our saviour on Saturday.

He has scored many important goals for us in the past and just maybe he will get us the three ponts on Saturday.

I know there are many on here who say he is not good enough for the Prem etc.etc. whether or not that is true it is totally irrelevant on Sunday,, a one off game and anything can happen.

I would like to see him start up front with Holty and bag us a brace. OTBC

I would love Jacko to play Sunday. In recent matches, our midfield have put decent balls in but Holt doesn''t chase them. I would think Jacko could easily get on the end of some of them and make a run, although it could be another case of lofting it over a defender''s head and hoping it reaches him.

Personally, I think Simeon''s got a real good mindset, even if his ability is only Championship standard. He could really go down in Norwich history if he scores the goal to keep us up, because that combined with the goal to send us up is nothing short of cult hero.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Id rather Becchio started. We saw last year that Jackson isnt up to it. He needs too many chance.....and we dont create many![/quote]Precisely.Similarly, Kamara was just a stronger version of Jackson (who could also head a ball) - great attitude and work rate but the end product simply wasn''t good enough for this level.For me Becchio HAS to be given the chance to shine in the last two games or it makes an even bigger mockery of the whole transfer and Hughton''s team selection process...

[quote user="YellowBlood"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDM88n9ZHk0

Any chance of history repeating itself....?[/quote]

Lets hope so eh?

Sunday is a one off, character and luck will play its part, Jacko already has a place in the history of the club and wouldn''t it be fantastic if he was the one to keep us up.

I have seen nothing in Bechio to suggest he is going to get one for us, Jacko could do well against the West Brom centre halves, he will chase everything and all it needs is for Holty to,find him with a couple of knock downs and we could be there.

[quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="YellowBlood"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDM88n9ZHk0

Lets hope so eh?

Sunday is a one off, character and luck will play its part, Jacko already has a place in the history of the club and wouldn''t it be fantastic if he was the one to keep us up.

I have seen nothing in Bechio to suggest he is going to get one for us, Jacko could do well against the West Brom centre halves, he will chase everything and all it needs is for Holty to,find him with a couple of knock downs and we could be there.[/quote]Becchio hasnt played enough for you to even make that comment.Too much sentiment regarding Jackson. He went from NYE to the penultimate game of last year without scoring. Ive def seen enough of him to know that hes not up to it!

[quote user="Vanwink"]I have a sneaky little feeling that Jacko could be our saviour on Saturday.

He has scored many important goals for us in the past and just maybe he will get us the three ponts on Saturday.

I know there are many on here who say he is not good enough for the Prem etc.etc. whether or not that is true it is totally irrelevant on Sunday,, a one off game and anything can happen.

I would like to see him start up front with Holty and bag us a brace. OTBC[/quote]Hopefully and about time too...I second that!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="YellowBlood"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDM88n9ZHk0

Lets hope so eh?

I have seen nothing in Bechio to suggest he is going to get one for us, Jacko could do well against the West Brom centre halves, he will chase everything and all it needs is for Holty to,find him with a couple of knock downs and we could be there.[/quote]Becchio hasnt played enough for you to even make that comment.Too much sentiment regarding Jackson. He went from NYE to the penultimate game of last year without scoring. Ive def seen enough of him to know that hes not up to it![/quote]^^^ This.Jackson really isn''t the answer, in my opinion.

Would like to see Becchio start too, no idea what''s really going on there. He is the only forward in our team that has been in any sort of goal scoring form all season yet he hasn''t had an opportunity.

Feel for the lad.

I''d also play Jackson , he has scored so many important goals for us and I''ve got a feeling he is just what we need right now

[quote user="morty"]^^^ This.Jackson really isn''t the answer, in my opinion.[/quote]It''s Jackson or Becchio if we need a goal on Sunday.  Maybe the manager will put Howson up front, he is about the only player Hoot does seem to rate.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]^^^ This.Jackson really isn''t the answer, in my opinion.[/quote]It''s Jackson or Becchio if we need a goal on Sunday.  Maybe the manager will put Howson up front, he is about the only player Hoot does seem to rate.[/quote]Playing players out of position is the last thing we want to be doing.I want Holt and Becchio up front, with Pilkington and Bennet on the flanks providing the ammo.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="YellowBlood"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDM88n9ZHk0

Lets hope so eh?

I have seen nothing in Bechio to suggest he is going to get one for us, Jacko could do well against the West Brom centre halves, he will chase everything and all it needs is for Holty to,find him with a couple of knock downs and we could be there.[/quote]Becchio hasnt played enough for you to even make that comment.Too much sentiment regarding Jackson. He went from NYE to the penultimate game of last year without scoring. Ive def seen enough of him to know that hes not up to it![/quote]^^^ This.Jackson really isn''t the answer, in my opinion.[/quote]Blimey Morty! We agree!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="YellowBlood"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDM88n9ZHk0

Lets hope so eh?

I have seen nothing in Bechio to suggest he is going to get one for us, Jacko could do well against the West Brom centre halves, he will chase everything and all it needs is for Holty to,find him with a couple of knock downs and we could be there.[/quote]Becchio hasnt played enough for you to even make that comment.Too much sentiment regarding Jackson. He went from NYE to the penultimate game of last year without scoring. Ive def seen enough of him to know that hes not up to it![/quote]^^^ This.Jackson really isn''t the answer, in my opinion.[/quote]Blimey Morty! We agree![/quote]About time you started agreeing with me[;)]

Cusdp. I have only seen Bechio play the few games he has for Norwich, so that''s all I can base my opinion on, but it is a valid opinion based on what I have seen albeit limited. Of course Hughton seems also to have formed a view also based on limited opera unities in the team. For me Bechhio is slow to react and turn, doesn''t have much pace and seems to be easily pushed off the ball.

But yes, Jackos selection would be based partially on sentiment..However the truth is, based on logic I don''t think we have a cat in Hells chance of winning on Sunday, based on form I have thought we would be relegated for some months now, BUT, we all want to win this game and to do it we will need a bit of "cup magic". It does happen, surprise results pop up and they are clearly not based on form but some other indeterminate set of events, Jacko is a bit of a hero for me and for many fans and not based on any great logic but I think he could provide something different and cause a change in our terrible form.

Play a system to allow Holt to have five chances and he will score. Tell him to go and receive the ball over and over again outside of the area where he scores from and he wont. And neither will any striker. Certainly not Jackson.  

I think it is most likely that we will score from crosses and corners as little creativity comes out of the middle these days. Due to that a partnership of Holt and Becchio could be interesting and possibly effective?

It is so so frustrating that we have an £8M striker but we can''t unwrap him and that whether it''s Holt, Becchio or Jackson we are demanding results from strikers that were playing in League One a few seasons back!