Sign in to follow this  
BOO

For tonight and tonight only I support Pullis

[quote user="lake district canary"]Curious this.    If Stoke lose tonight they have two difficult games to play and could well end up the season on 40 points.    Sunderland win and they are on 40 points too.     So to have Stoke and Sunderland on 40 points would keep the pressure on both teams in the next two matches and potentially keep us above the drop zone as long as we beat WBA.    Even if Stoke win, Sunderland could get at least a point at home to Southampton, necessitating us having to beat WBA anyway.  .

So it''s possible that Sunderland and Wigan will pick up more points this week, or at the weekend, so we will still need to win against WBA whatever the results tonight and at the weekend - so it may well be better to have Stoke on 40 points with two very difficult games for them left, enabling us to stay up on 41 with possibly more than one club on 40 points below us.  

So do we really want Stoke to win this?  [:^)]

[/quote]

Yes

[quote user="Skerritt"]Could not be going much better. Bye bye Gardner, see you next season.[/quote]

Hopefully not, if they are in the Championship.[:D]

Smooth, I think you may have mis interpreted me. When I mean Sunderlands game on Saturday COULD be more important than ours (if they lose tonight that is), I mean for THEM, not us. Fact is they will even be chasing us, let alone other teams above us. They will be left with a team on 39 points at home, therefore still involved, and a final day fixture at Spurs, a Champions League chasing team.

We have 2 teams with nothing to play for so I would believe Subderlands fixtures would be even trickier than ours.

Wouldn''t change our position for the WBA game whatsoever as we still need to do our thing and win. But I still want to hang to a fall back scenario in case we do balls up. Sunderland could well end up being that better fall back chance than Wigan, that''s all I''m alluding to.

Say what you like about any of the players in our squad, but I''d take each and everyone one of them ahead of the likes of N''Zonzi and Whitehead.......

All this stuff about not wanting other teams to do us a favour and acting like it has never happened before is a laugh, anyone remember loads of Norwich fans cheering at the news that Ippo had scored against Sunderland (spooky), at our away game at Reading who were our rivals for promotion to the Prem, or did I imagine that......

a win tonight for Stoke mean that they wet sham and swansea are mathematically safe.

in my opinion it will also mean that 40 points should be enough and 41 will be enough

[quote user="Vanwink"]He wares the club shop and plays the very worst style of football but tonight he could be my hero.[/quote]

Was thinking the same Van. I can''t ever remember hoping he wins at anything.

Time for Hughton to call that favour in...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/22/3621227/steve-clarke-reveals-his-gratitude-towards-chris-hughton

Is there a premier league club willing to do us a favour ?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Skerritt"]Could not be going much better. Bye bye Gardner, see you next season.[/quote]

Hopefully not, if they are in the Championship.[:D][/quote]

Actually, i hope we do, as there is only 1 spot left to go down, were we to see gardner next season (if he stayed at sunderland) it would mean we have both stayed up.

You''d never know that Stoke have a man advantage. They really are awful. How the hell did we manage to lose to them?

[quote user="Jules"]You''d never know that Stoke have a man advantage. They really are awful. How the hell did we manage to lose to them?[/quote]Because at the moment, we are even worse!!!

They settled for the draw which now puts them safe. Sunderland now have the same points as us but a much better goal difference. Their game against Southampton will be decisive for both them and the Saints. They both can''t win. If Saints win then the Mackems will need to get a result at Spurs on the last day. Almost as difficult as a trip to Man City. At least Spurs still have something to play for. If the Mackems win then Saints need to get at least a draw at home to Stoke. Trouble is Stoke are now safe. So we''d better pray for a Saints win. Either way, it''s absolutely vital that Swansea at least take a point against Wigan tomorrow.

Bollox

Went off for something to eat with stake safely just needing to play keep ball against 10 men....

How the hell did that happen??????

Oh welll...sh1t or bust on Saturday...this really is going to go the final minutes of the season isn''t it!!!!!!!