Sign in to follow this  
BOO

For tonight and tonight only I support Pullis

He wares the club shop and plays the very worst style of football but tonight he could be my hero.

I do believe Crouchy has grown, must be the white socks!

the scary thing being that if he leaves stoke at the end of this season like is being suggested we could end up with him at carrow road

so not only will we have been playing as 5h1t as them we will have their boss as well

in good news - they are 1 nil up :D

to be fair i think saving your ''support another team'' bye is probably best kept for swansea tomorrow night

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Being forced to cheer for Stoke is one thing, but celebrating a Walters goal is pushing us too far!

How did it come to this!

[/quote]

I know what you mean but in the face of relegation I''m reminded of Winston Churchill''s statement: "If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

If Sunderland were to lose tonight, and lets face it there''s a heck of a long way to go in this game yet, then their home game to Southampton on Sat would be even bigger for than ours against WBA. Southampton still only on 39 themselves so would need to desparately get something to avoid a nervy final day v Stoke. Anyway, perhaps best to discuss the latest permutations once we know this score!

It''s like having to cut your own arm off to free yourself from the crevice in the rock face Brownstone

Haha, supporting Stoke, Pulis and Walters tonight is like selling our bodies to pay the bills and put food on the table! The shame!!!!! My parents would disown me if the only knew the truth...

[quote user="flecky76"]

Haha, supporting Stoke, Pulis and Walters tonight is like selling our bodies to pay the bills and put food on the table! The shame!!!!! My parents would disown me if the only knew the truth...

[/quote]

Haha! Whatever it takes Flecky!

This game reminds me of ours against them. They aren''t playing great. Need Stoke to hold firm until half time, obvious I know, but the longer they go without scoring, the more desperate they will get.

Curious this.    If Stoke lose tonight they have two difficult games to play and could well end up the season on 40 points.    Sunderland win and they are on 40 points too.     So to have Stoke and Sunderland on 40 points would keep the pressure on both teams in the next two matches and potentially keep us above the drop zone as long as we beat WBA.    Even if Stoke win, Sunderland could get at least a point at home to Southampton, necessitating us having to beat WBA anyway.  .

So it''s possible that Sunderland and Wigan will pick up more points this week, or at the weekend, so we will still need to win against WBA whatever the results tonight and at the weekend - so it may well be better to have Stoke on 40 points with two very difficult games for them left, enabling us to stay up on 41 with possibly more than one club on 40 points below us.  

So do we really want Stoke to win this?  [:^)]

Flecks 76 that attitude of saying another game ismoreimportant than ours is exactly why we are where we are.

Whatever the result tonight, and god I hope the potters do it, is that we need to win on Saturday. We want wigan to lose tomorrow too, but the key is that we need to do something. We need to get the win, simple as.

If we start saying other games are more I merit ant etc then I get worried. We have to finally do it at our end. Yes we want other results but we can control one thing the result against WBA.

As I keep saying, "a lot of water to flow under Trowse bridge before the third relegation spot is confirmed."[;)]