Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Sven has gone

According to Sky Sports he is off now:

Elfsborg have completed the signing of Norwich striker Mathias Svensson.

Norwich wanted the Swede to stay and he had a year left on his contract at Carrow Road.

However, Elfsborg took advantage of a clause in his contract which allowed Svensson to leave for just £100,000.

Svensson was delighted to sign and he becomes the second former Premiership star to move to Boras after Anders Svensson arrived earlier in the summer.

"Elfsborg''s investment looks very exciting, many young players and a terrific stadium," Svensson told Sportbladet.

A pity I have to say, but at the same time I look forward to Jarvis and Henderson fulfilling (or attempting to) their potential

Best of luck Svenny, tbh he wouldnt have got much of a look in this season.

So, thats now 6 new players Worthy is looking for now.

That added with that Green and Francis are likely to go, we''re going to see a few (maybe up to 8) new faces come in before the start of the season!

The season will start before we know it, i''m sure Worthy knows what he is doing, but i hope we dont get to within a week of the season still 5 players off Worthys target number.

[quote]..........and if Helveg does buy out his contract that''s nine. The biggest team shake up ever?[/quote]

Plus WLY''s on the list and the Doc''s fallen out of favour!  We could be in for a whole new sqaud by August!

[quote]Should I feign disappointment? Nah, I can''t really be arsed! Good luck to him[/quote]

Again I have to say this to them DD, yep, that''s right.

SOD OFF!.

Still, I expect you knew that was what I''d say.  

I disagree with what your saying 1st Wizard!! In football players come and go at clubs all the time. Their ambition takes them elsewhere! This is part and parcel of football and your gonna have to get used to it! Players aren''t gonna get a professional contract off a club and then stay there all their career, you''ve gotta be realistic! And to keep telling them all where to go is just harsh! Also its their job! You may not think of it that way but it is and if you or i was at a job and a better one came along then i bet you''d consider if not take it!! This is the same thing so get behind the players and support them, especially Green as he HASN''T, whatever you might think, said he wants to leave, just that it would help his england career if he went to a bigger club in the premiership!! Well DURRR!! Of course it would!!

[quote]Again I have to say this to them DD, yep, that''s right. SOD OFF!. Still, I expect you knew that was what I''d say.[/quote]

With fans like that, who needs enemies?

Im sorry to see the guy go. You cant blame someone for looking at alternative options, doesnt mean he has less heart than someone that stays, who knows what any of the others are thinking.

To see how he was after the Fulham game you cant say he hasnt worked hard for us and he could of done a good job for us next season.

Best of luck Matt.

SUPER MATTY SVENSSON

I''m with you Kent. Sorry to say it Wiz but things aren''t quite so black and white. Yeah, I want committed players at the club but if they aren''t happy when they''re here then you can''t expect to keep hold of them.

The guy did his bit for the club when Worthy allowed him a place in the team. Like many of us the desire to return to one''s home country is strong and you can''t fault a guy for wanting to think about himself and his family.

Good luck Sven.

[quote]Again I have to say this to them DD, yep, that''s right. SOD OFF!. Still, I expect you knew that was what I''d say.[/quote]

i will not bring myself down to your sad level

matty svensson

good luck and best wishes

[quote]i will not bring myself down to your sad level matty svensson good luck and best wishes

I agree KOL - with a 3 year deal with Mattys injury record and his age that is too good an offer to refuse - I dont blame him at all and Matty has consistently given his all.

As far as loyalty is concerned - get real its a mercenary world out there - ask Malky and Danny Crow - loyalty works more than one way.

As long the player gives there all they will get my supportin a city shirt and my congrats when they move on.

Matty - good luck, good bye and thanks for all the fish. 

OTBC

I''m not too dissapointed he is leaving. He was bought for peanuts, scored a few goals, but never really looked top notch

who can blame they guy for wanting to return to his homeland to play for his first club?

Id like to thank Matty Svensson for some important goals and wholehearted performances.

Also he is a true gentleman who enjoyed a ''kickabout'' with his little son Hugo and my nephews one day last pre season after training after the others had long since hit the showers. I know my nephews will always remember him for that!

[quote]I disagree with what your saying 1st Wizard!! In football players come and go at clubs all the time. Their ambition takes them elsewhere! This is part and parcel of football and your gonna have to get...[/quote]

Junior Member:

Firstly: As I''ve stated many times before on here, Matty was a hero of mine, and many times I''ve defended him against some of the posters who have had ago at me here!.

Secondly: He no longer plays for NCFC. Therefore, he can now..... 

SOD OFF!.

Sorry my friend.

[quote]great, we can tell half the squad to sod off and be left with a very average first division team. IMO i would rather we kept these players[/quote]

Well said.My thoughts about telling players to sod off have already been posted - it shouldnt be happening.

[quote]I''m not too dissapointed he is leaving. He was bought for peanuts, scored a few goals, but never really looked top notch[/quote]

Zipper his few goals was 11 in 27 that''s a damn good strike rate and I feel if he had played with Deano instead of Mackenzie he would have had an even better strike rate. Good luck Matt - it''s been a pleasure.

No point argueing with the insane guys!

Matt did a good job for us but no-one can blame him for wanting to go home in the later years of his career.

Cheers Matty and good luck

couldn''t agree more matt wants to return home and judging with themuch better education system there I''d rather settle myfamily down there. good luck matty and thanks for all thegoals, especially against charlton. never any complaintsabout his role, or off the pitch, a true city gent.

[quote]Zipper his few goals was 11 in 27 that''s a damn good strike rate and I feel if he had played with Deano instead of Mackenzie he would have had an even better strike rate. Good luck Matt - it''s been a ...[/quote]

I am with you on this one the great drinkell - the response you are looking at comes from an unnamed poster - it looks like my response has caused some sort of glitch on that page!

My response read along the lines of yours - 11 from 27 starts is good, his touch and passing excellent, totally committed to city and his joy at the champions parade in Norwich was self evident - no one was determined to enjoy it more.

Thanks Matty, so long and thanks for all the fish.

OTBC 

I''m in the "Good Luck Matty" camp, I always thought he did well for us, and he did probably score one of the most important goals of our season (at least, it would have been had we survived) when he netted against Charlton as the game was petering out to a goalless draw...

If I had the chance to go ride out my remaining years in the country of my birth, to raise a family, then I''d take it.  He''ll do well for Elfsbourg and I for one will be keeping an eye out for their results to see if he scores... (that said, I said that when Steeno left, but don''t think I have... can''t even remember where he went!) But the sentiment is there, that''s the important thing.... isn''t it???

Ta Ra, son, enjoy Sweden!!!

I wish the guy no ill-ill whatsoever, but from a footy point of view, always thought of him as bog-standard. Dont think we''ll miss him one bit.