Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

What's going on?

What is going on? Becchio not even made the bench again!!

Clearly something is going on behind the scenes.

It is hard to believe that a player who had such a good scoring record in the 1st half of the season is nowhere to be seen.

Has he fallen out with CH, does he display a bad attitude during training?

Most supporters would rather have seen him on the bench on Saturday than Jackson.

Bet, whatever league we are in next year , he will be on his way this summer.

[quote user="Ken"]What is going on? Becchio not even made the bench again!!

Clearly something is going on behind the scenes.

It is hard to believe that a player who had such a good scoring record in the 1st half of the season is nowhere to be seen.

Has he fallen out with CH, does he display a bad attitude during training?

Most supporters would rather have seen him on the bench on Saturday than Jackson.

Bet, whatever league we are in next year , he will be on his way this summer.[/quote]

Could be something as simple as fitness levels.   As far as Jackson goes, he can do a job - he''s not flavour of the month amongst those "that know" but imo, never lets us down.  

Hughton in the past has said about having different options on the bench and that Kamara and Becchio are too similar, while Jackson offers something different... therefore I think its probably because Kamara was on the bench there was no point having Becchio on it too, kamara was ahead of him in the pecking order, so would go on first while Jackson offered an alternative. I really expect to see Becchio start or at the very least be on the bench for sunday.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Becchio has been here over 3 months, it''s not a general fitness issue.[/quote]

If you''re not up to the fitness levels required - and don''t put in the work to achieve them - its a general fitness issue, but if that is the case is also an attitude problem.    Just speculating.   The only other reason might be that he hasn''t impressed enough in training.    Or maybe he doesn''t like the Norfolk climate.  Nobody seems to know.

[quote user="lake district canary"]As far as Jackson goes, he can do a job - he''s not flavour of the month amongst those "that know" but imo, never lets us down.[/quote]And what job is that LDC? Failing miserably to score or even look like a threat every time he plays???This season he''s got a miserable 1 in 13 goal ratio, last season it was a still miserable 1 in 7 ratio, and aside from his purple patch in the Championship he was miserable there as well (1 in 6 until the Scunthorpe drubbing, and he hadn''t scored in 19 games until that match as well!).Whilst there absolutely is more to a striker than simply goals scored, the rest of his play is Championship level at best, and League 2 level at worst.Some say defenders struggle to deal with his movement, but it''s actually indecision between laughing at his selection, wondering whether or not to let him through for yet another shot wide or straight at the keeper, or whether to put 25% effort in to deal with his ''threat''...I''ll take a guy who''s scored double figures every season for the last three years, and was on those double figures already this season by the time we signed him in Jan, over Simeon "can''t hit a cows backside with a banjo" Jackson every day of the week, twice on Sundays and permanently on Bank Holidays!IMHO, anyone who thinks Jackson is good enough for this level is either blind, lying or mad (or possibly all three)...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]As far as Jackson goes, he can do a job - he''s not flavour of the month amongst those "that know" but imo, never lets us down.[/quote]And what job is that LDC? Failing miserably to score or even look like a threat every time he plays???This season he''s got a miserable 1 in 13 goal ratio, last season it was a still miserable 1 in 7 ratio, and aside from his purple patch in the Championship he was miserable there as well (1 in 6 until the Scunthorpe drubbing, and he hadn''t scored in 19 games until that match as well!).Whilst there absolutely is more to a striker than simply goals scored, the rest of his play is Championship level at best, and League 2 level at worst.Some say defenders struggle to deal with his movement, but it''s actually indecision between laughing at his selection, wondering whether or not to let him through for yet another shot wide or straight at the keeper, or whether to put 25% effort in to deal with his ''threat''...I''ll take a guy who''s scored double figures every season for the last three years, and was on those double figures already this season by the time we signed him in Jan, over Simeon "can''t hit a cows backside with a banjo" Jackson every day of the week, twice on Sundays and permanently on Bank Holidays!IMHO, anyone who thinks Jackson is good enough for this level is either blind, lying or mad (or possibly all three)...[/quote]Agree with all of that[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]As far as Jackson goes, he can do a job - he''s not flavour of the month amongst those "that know" but imo, never lets us down.[/quote]And what job is that LDC? Failing miserably to score or even look like a threat every time he plays???This season he''s got a miserable 1 in 13 goal ratio, last season it was a still miserable 1 in 7 ratio, and aside from his purple patch in the Championship he was miserable there as well (1 in 6 until the Scunthorpe drubbing, and he hadn''t scored in 19 games until that match as well!).Whilst there absolutely is more to a striker than simply goals scored, the rest of his play is Championship level at best, and League 2 level at worst.Some say defenders struggle to deal with his movement, but it''s actually indecision between laughing at his selection, wondering whether or not to let him through for yet another shot wide or straight at the keeper, or whether to put 25% effort in to deal with his ''threat''...I''ll take a guy who''s scored double figures every season for the last three years, and was on those double figures already this season by the time we signed him in Jan, over Simeon "can''t hit a cows backside with a banjo" Jackson every day of the week, twice on Sundays and permanently on Bank Holidays!IMHO, anyone who thinks Jackson is good enough for this level is either blind, lying or mad (or possibly all three)...[/quote]Agree with all of that[Y][/quote]

Ridiculous over the top assessment.    Hit the post against Liverpool and at his best is a handful and can pull defenders out of position creating space for others.  And he does score goals.  Not  and RVP or even a Grant Holt but still does not disgrace playing for Norwich when he gets the chance.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Jackson never let us down? You clearly didn''t watch the Luton match (aka "humiliation")[/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot Jackson was the only one on the pitch against Luton.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]As far as Jackson goes, he can do a job - he''s not flavour of the month amongst those "that know" but imo, never lets us down.[/quote]And what job is that LDC? Failing miserably to score or even look like a threat every time he plays???This season he''s got a miserable 1 in 13 goal ratio, last season it was a still miserable 1 in 7 ratio, and aside from his purple patch in the Championship he was miserable there as well (1 in 6 until the Scunthorpe drubbing, and he hadn''t scored in 19 games until that match as well!).Whilst there absolutely is more to a striker than simply goals scored, the rest of his play is Championship level at best, and League 2 level at worst.Some say defenders struggle to deal with his movement, but it''s actually indecision between laughing at his selection, wondering whether or not to let him through for yet another shot wide or straight at the keeper, or whether to put 25% effort in to deal with his ''threat''...I''ll take a guy who''s scored double figures every season for the last three years, and was on those double figures already this season by the time we signed him in Jan, over Simeon "can''t hit a cows backside with a banjo" Jackson every day of the week, twice on Sundays and permanently on Bank Holidays!IMHO, anyone who thinks Jackson is good enough for this level is either blind, lying or mad (or possibly all three)...[/quote]Agree with all of that[Y][/quote]

Ridiculous over the top assessment.    Hit the post against Liverpool and at his best is a handful and can pull defenders out of position creating space for others.  And he does score goals.  Not  and RVP or even a Grant Holt but still does not disgrace playing for Norwich when he gets the chance.

[/quote]And hitting the post got us awarded half a goal, just because he ran around a lot and tried hard?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]As far as Jackson goes, he can do a job - he''s not flavour of the month amongst those "that know" but imo, never lets us down.[/quote]And what job is that LDC? Failing miserably to score or even look like a threat every time he plays???This season he''s got a miserable 1 in 13 goal ratio, last season it was a still miserable 1 in 7 ratio, and aside from his purple patch in the Championship he was miserable there as well (1 in 6 until the Scunthorpe drubbing, and he hadn''t scored in 19 games until that match as well!).Whilst there absolutely is more to a striker than simply goals scored, the rest of his play is Championship level at best, and League 2 level at worst.Some say defenders struggle to deal with his movement, but it''s actually indecision between laughing at his selection, wondering whether or not to let him through for yet another shot wide or straight at the keeper, or whether to put 25% effort in to deal with his ''threat''...I''ll take a guy who''s scored double figures every season for the last three years, and was on those double figures already this season by the time we signed him in Jan, over Simeon "can''t hit a cows backside with a banjo" Jackson every day of the week, twice on Sundays and permanently on Bank Holidays!IMHO, anyone who thinks Jackson is good enough for this level is either blind, lying or mad (or possibly all three)...[/quote]Agree with all of that[Y][/quote]

[/quote]I agree LDC...I would go as far to say I would rather have Jackson in the starting eleven this Sunday then that overrated Holt...at least we might score!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Jackson never let us down? You clearly didn''t watch the Luton match (aka "humiliation")[/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot Jackson was the only one on the pitch against Luton.  

[/quote]Didn''t say he was the only player on the pitch, I said he "let us down". You can either state that he''s so poor it''s unfair to expect him to play well and at least look like scoring in a home match against non-league opposition or state that he let us down.Or by "let us down" were you just expressing your pride that he hadn''t done a Tevez and gone to play gold in Argentina for a half a season?Personally, I think we need to bring back Wilbraham, we''ve not looked like scoring since he left.

Jackson can''t even control a football and seems to be unaware of the offside rule, and he''s got a stupid haircut!

[quote user="Alfie54"]Jackson can''t even control a football and seems to be unaware of the offside rule, and he''s got a stupid haircut![/quote]

So did Shelley Winters have and that didn''t stop you.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]I agree LDC...I would go as far to say I would rather have Jackson in the starting eleven this Sunday then that overrated Holt...at least we might score![/quote]Which one of the three is it Archie? Lying, Blind or Mad???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]I agree LDC...I would go as far to say I would rather have Jackson in the starting eleven this Sunday then that overrated Holt...at least we might score![/quote]Which one of the three is it Archie? Lying, Blind or Mad???[/quote]

Failed, you should leave the put downs to Morty, he''s had much more practice than you

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]I agree LDC...I would go as far to say I would rather have Jackson in the starting eleven this Sunday then that overrated Holt...at least we might score![/quote]Which one of the three is it Archie? Lying, Blind or Mad???[/quote]

Failed, you should leave the put downs to Morty, he''s had much more practice than you

[/quote]

Whine, whine, whine, whine. Repeat daily.

With Holt missing chances, it''s difficult to see why Becchio hasn''t played, given that  he scored so many at Leeds earlier in the season. Jackson I can understand - he doesn''t have a great scoring record, apart from those final games, and it is clear that all season CH has avoided selecting him.

Now, with Kei gone, we need scoring power, and I''m afraid that it is not Holt now, so to look no further seems very strange. Perhaps in time we shall find out what is going on at the present.

Turner as striker - the best converter of chances in the team?  (I''m not serious, but...)

[quote user="lake district canary"]Failed, you should leave the put downs to Morty, he''s had much more practice than you[/quote]No, the only failure here is some fans belief that Jackson is the answer to our striker issues, and that includes you and the guy I was replying to...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]Failed, you should leave the put downs to Morty, he''s had much more practice than you[/quote]No, the only failure here is some fans belief that Jackson is the answer to our striker issues, and that includes you and the guy I was replying to...[/quote][Y]