Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

I dont know about you lads but..

I am actually confident we will stay up! I have done the BBC predictor and have been as unbiased as possible. Here we go....

13 Southampton      -11      41
14 Aston Villa         -23      41            
15 Norwich City     -24      41
16 Newcastle          -23      40
17 Sunderland         -14      39
------------------
18 Wigan                 -21      39
19 Reading              -28      29
20 QPR                   -29      26

This is with a good 2-1 win versus WBA and a comfortable performance by Man City losing 3-0

Wigan to win tonight 3-1, lose to Arsenal and draw with Villa

Sunderland to draw with Southampton and lose to Spurs

Newcastle to draw both games against QPR and Arsenal

Villa to lose to Chelski and draw against Wigan

All in all lovely job!!

Apparently, one out of a possible zillion outcomes. I don''t much care for any of the other results if I''m honest, I just want to focus on this weekend and then find out what else went on, y''know?

Well done on predicting our win against WBA!! I notice you say this is not biased!! [:D]We win our single winnable game and all the teams around us lose theirs! NOT BIASED![:O]Here is another scenario, we dont beat west brom and get beat by Man City, whereas all the teams around us win or pick up points from their remaining games. This would be in line with current form (Barring Newcastle). [:''(]

I''ve played with the BBC predictor so many times in recent days!!!! I now think it''s simply a case of if we beat WBA (or Man City!!!!) we will survive, just. If we don''t we will be relegated.

[quote user="Long drives home"]Well done on predicting our win against WBA!! I notice you say this is not biased!! [:D]

We win our single winnable game and all the teams around us lose theirs!

NOT BIASED![:O]

Here is another scenario, we dont beat west brom and get beat by Man City, whereas all the teams around us win or pick up points from their remaining games. This would be in line with current form (Barring Newcastle). [:''(]
[/quote]

No its not Biased, Its called wishful thinking. 

That damn ''predictor'' is flawed, its nigh on impossble to filter out biased.[:S]

Beat WBA and we have a good chance of surviving.  A draw leaves us at the mercy of the other results unless we can get a win at the Etihad. 

Oddly, only a few people are calling the WBA game a must-win on here (normally people use it for any game it would be good for us to win).  But Sunday really is a must-win, for the first time this season.  Win and that''s probably good enough to keep us up.  A draw simply isn''t enough this time

I think we could draw on Saturday and lose to Man City.. and be fine. Nervous, but fine. With  Newcastle Drawing to QPR and losing to Arsenal on the last day by a greater margin then ours we will be safe.Wigan draw tonight, Lose to Arsenal and then draw on the last day to Villa, keeping us up. Just worth noting, that we still have options but alot depends upon tonight and Swansea having a good game. The key is for Wigan not to win, draw is a disaster for them, it wastes their game in hand and they then have to go to the emirates and try and get something. Arsenal will be playing to secure their place in the champions league and its their last home game of the season, they will want to finish strong and certinaly wont take the game lightly. I think that if it came down to the last game of the season I would still fancy Villa to beat them, they have found form and would probably be safe by the time they go to the DW, the space and sense of freedom would allow them to hit wigan on the break with Bentteke.Of course we can aviod all of this by winning on Saturday and pretty much garantee survival, barring wigan getting some crazy results.