Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

Norwich city seek new manager

Fine! Sack him.

Then what? Who do you replace him with, Bryan Gunn?

The excellent Dean Saunders is now available, if you''re interested? You''d like him - he''s clearly very, very stupid. I''m sure you''ll have a lot to talk about.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Fine! Sack him.

Then what? Who do you replace him with, Bryan Gunn?

The excellent Dean Saunders is now available, if you''re interested? You''d like him - he''s clearly very, very stupid. I''m sure you''ll have a lot to talk about.[/quote]
Did Mr.Grumpy Pants wake up on the wrong side of the bed? [:P] 
Norwich just don''t seem to have the balls to sack Hughton, I''d be very surprised if they do if we go down.

What gripes me is how Norwich fans have gone native. ONE season in the premier league and a sense of entitlement has come out of nowhere.

Sack Hughton? Stupid idea, on so many levels - least of all the fact that he would need to be replaced.

Do you have any candidates who could be in place by Sunday? I''m all ears.

Well, at face value it isn''t so stupid. He has won two in 18 or 19 I forget, but whatever it is that''s well beyond sacking levels.
As for replacements, there have been so many names passed around the last few weeks/months we know them all by now. Someone said we should put Adams in as caretaker which actually isn''t such a terrible idea - if only because Hughton has proved time and again he isn''t the kind of man to change things up which means WBA will probably play out a lot like the Villa game. So on that basis I''d go with Adams, but for the sake of being consistent and hoping something different would come out of it I''d have to stick with Hughton of course.
If, when sunday rolls around and we''re sitting there and they announce Bunn''s name I''ll know it should have been Adams. He might have played Ruddy at the very least. 

The good unattached managers have been snapped up. I don''t hate houghton but believe he has taken us backwards. He has signed 12 players , 9 on permanent deals and we have gone backwards. Lets hope something is done in the summer as I can''t see my wish coming true early.

At face value: Actually, it is. Bare in mind the time-frame and the disruption it will cause in the run up to a important game.

I''d consider Adams a strong candidate, but not yet. He''s been in coaching for less than 2 years and only for youth. Its the equivalent of appointing Terry Connors as manager - bad idea, though he''s a nice guy, popular and knows the club.

Okay, who else?

And Hughton DOES change things up, but only when he has the capacity to do so. Ask any Newcastle fan. We have one of the worst squads (not worst first teams) in the division and we haven''t been helped by injuries. You''re keen on getting Ruddy back... well, who isn''t? But, you don''t just rush someone back after a severe injury like he suffered. If there is a doubt on his readiness, you don''t play him. Its just not worth the risk.

Who else are you thinking of when you say "change things up"?

Ha! Sadly, no. I''d be considerably better off if I was, then maybe my prospective father-in-law would think I''m good enough for his daughter!

The big give aways are: I can construct a cogent sentence and I''m capable of both reasoned thought and thoughtful debate.

Curse my cognitive faculties!

[quote user="Militant Canary"] I''ll make it personal: you''re mother.

Go![/quote]
"You''re mother"... You are mother? Bit of a weird insult? Let''s try to bicker with accurate grammar please!! [:D]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Crap! I didn''t even notice that. Not like me. Cheers. (cough) Your mother. Go![/quote]

Shouldn''t that be "You''re a Mother******!"