Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Southampton - the value bet to get relegated

Currently on 39 pointsRemaining games are Sunderland away & Stoke at homeCurrently available at 33/1 with most bookmakersWorth a punt me thinks

the things is sunderland and stoke play tonight, if one of them wins that game they are probably safe (especially if its stoke)not likely to put up much of a fight against southampton

The Value bet is probably Stoke at 100/1Sunderland AwaySpurs at Homeand Southampton AwayThe only wins they have managed in the last 9 have been against us and QPR and I wouldnt be suprised to see them lose their last 3.Would requireVilla getting a point at home to ChelseaFulham getting 1 point from remaining 2 games (Liverpool and Swansea)And Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland picking up one win from 2 games.

And there are posters on another thread saying Stoke have nothing to play for this evening.

There is a lot of lazy thinking on the board at the moment.

the value bet ''was'' us on Saturday morning when we were 16/1!!........still kicking myself I didnt put £50 on it.........i''d now be all set to fly out to Vegas on the 20th with my winnings to drink myself into oblivion.

[quote user="Id fly over 1p5wich tomorrow..."]You''d be a bit silly to take 16/1 on Saturday morning bearing in mind we were 20/1+ elsewhere (betfair).[/quote]

I wouldn''t be feeling silly now!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Id fly over 1p5wich tomorrow..."]You''d be a bit silly to take 16/1 on Saturday morning bearing in mind we were 20/1+ elsewhere (betfair).[/quote]

I wouldn''t be feeling silly now!

[/quote]

But you would, because you didn''t take 20/1+.

The only way you wouldn''t feel silly is if we got out of this mess, because missing out on 4+ points of value would then be irrelevant.

Sunderland will beat Southampton and Southampton will beat Stoke IMO putting them both out of reach of us, sadly.