Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

It seems strange........

It seems strange, that there have been no signs of support from the powers that be. Delia and the rest of the board , David McNally etc all seem strangely quiet at a time when Chris Hughton and the squad might have appreciated support from on high. Have they been

abandoned or can we assume that major changes are afoot, regardless of final position ?

Hughton will stay regardless of the league we are in next season. However, I would expect him to meet with McNally at the board during the week after the end of the season to discuss why we would dragged into a relegation battle and either just avoided it, or realised a little too late that we were in trouble.

If we go down he has the experience to get us back up again.

I would expect him to meet with McNally at the board during the week after the end of the season to discuss why we would dragged into a relegation battle and either just avoided it, or realised a little too late that we were in trouble.

I would like to think that meeting took place on Saturday if not before !!

Doubt they had a meeting before Saturday. Hughton and the club only seemed to realise they were in a relegation battle after Saturday''s defeat. Hence the cancellation of the end of season dinner.

ROw D, Seat 7 - If you truly believe McNally only realised we were in a relegation battle after the Villa game you are one seriously deluded dude. I think cancellation of the end of season dinner has sent a very clear message to Hughton and the team, and for me the decision has got thesmell of McNally all over it..........

Negative tactics continued and continued and continued. Genuinely think after the Villa game several people within the club suddenly thought ''Hold on, we could go down'', like it was a great surprise. The fans had seen this coming for months.

I think the days of "The board are fully behind the manager" statements are gone, mainly because pretty much everyone sussed that it actually means "We are behind him, but if he loses the next game he is so sacked"

I was fortunate to talk with a very significant person at NCFC at a non-football event last week and whist not directly a comment about Hughton, they claimed "it made a nice change to watch some attacking football" when talking about the youth team game the previous evening.  To me this was a clear disapproval of Hughton''s "negative" tactics.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Negative tactics continued and continued and continued. Genuinely think after the Villa game several people within the club suddenly thought ''Hold on, we could go down'', like it was a great surprise. The fans had seen this coming for months.[/quote]Do you honestly think that the board, in charge of our club, are that stupid, that they arrogantly denied the position we are in?Would you rather see them come out and say "Yeah we''re right in the shit, Hughton is a tactical idiot, I bet we get relegated this season"?Or do you suppose they have a more common sense, less knee jerky approach to running a football club than fans do?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was fortunate to talk with a very significant person at NCFC at a non-football event last week and whist not directly a comment about Hughton, they claimed "it made a nice change to watch some attacking football" when talking about the youth team game the previous evening.  To me this was a clear disapproval of Hughton''s "negative" tactics. [/quote]I am disappointed that people think our board is some band of meglomaniacs, who don''t even bother going to games.They are bothered about the situation just as much as we are.

And so the blame game continues...

We know that the owners continually ask the executive directors searching questions. We know the owners go to every game both home and away and invest large amounts of their life savings into the club. I seriously doubt if a season ticket and a bit of merchandise from the shop means the fans care more. I could be wrong I guess...