Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

lets face it whatever happens....

its been an exciting end to the season all be it nail biting!!

I know we would all say how we would love to be well safe by now sitting mid table & watching from afar, but its added something to the season I think we will beat WBA & everything will be ok.

I wasnt a Hughton fan when he came in...but I have warmed to him I cannot & will not believe any manager would set out to "not lose" the game as people on here would have you believe...

As some have said this year has been tough second season is always the worst, once we are over this I believe the futhre looks a lot brighter!!!

OTBC

You see Hughton doing his nut on the sidelines sometimes telling the team to get forward. I just simply don''t think we have a ball player in the middle of the park, that has been our main problem.

If we stay up this year, I would like to see who Hughton is planning on bringing in over the summer, his history shows he is an attacking manager so I guess we just have the wrong personel in the team at the moment.

ellis206 posted "I just simply don''t think we have a ball player in the middle of the park, that has been our main problem."

I couldn''t agree more - the injury to Surman and a rather up and down performance of Wes have not helped. Tettey may frighten defenders when he runs at pace at them, but neither he nor Johnson are able to make telling passes. We have missed an in-form Pilks, and Snoddy, perhaps from too many games, seems to have off games.

We lacked a striker able to convert chances as well, but the service was inadequate for much of the season - a slow build up, allowing defences to funnel back, and misplaced passes or short sideways passes. I would have to add that other players seemed to lack the will or the vision to run into space, so passers often had little option.

I have been saying for ages that when only playing 1 up front you rely so much more on your midfield for goals.

Wes has not been himself this season, and Howson is not really playing in his proffered position. Tettey had a mind blowing start but has tailed off, Pilks has been injured.

Not really ideal. Fox is the answer for some, but when picked has not really shown anything different.

Whatever happens against Man City I hope we throw everything at them!

It has been a really tough season with a good unbeaten spell in the middle, but I think we became complacent.

IF we stay up and it is a big ''if'', we have to bring in some attacking creative midfielders and play a more adventurous system, as we have not created enough chances for the forwards to feed off. Snodgrass has been one of our best players but his final delivery sometimes let''s him down. We need consistency and reliable crosses from the wings, but at the moment as we hover close to the trap door it just hasn''t been happening.

All isn''t lost yet, so if we can put in a fantastic performance next Sunday, it might save our season and then hopefully we can build on that.