Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Who will leave?

Jumping on another poster''s idea, I''m going with hoping for the best but expecting the worst and relegation is looking rather likely now. Who will be "too good for the Championship" and leave us in the summer? similarly who should leave regardless?

I think Ruddy, Bassong and Snoddy for certain will leave and RVW will be loaned to a PL club. Wes and Pilkington are also likely to leave I think. Who else will be abandoning ship?

If we stay up;C. Martin, Vaughan, Fox, Jackson, Camp, Barrnett, Tierney Rudd, Steer, Smith and Adeyemi out on loan

If we go down;Perhaps Bassong, maybe Ruddy, Loan with a view to move for RVW, Vaughan, C.MartinSteer out on loan, Rudd number 2 unless we offered camp a deal.

[quote user="Fried Cheese"]Hughton.[/quote]

Not Hughton!

If we go down he won''t get the push until it''s too late for us to make the play offs!!!

I disagree.  I think McNally would throw him out without hesitation.

So - humour me - who would replace him, in this scenario?

I think we will go down and our line up in the Championship (just from our current players), will be:

Bunn

R.Martin R. Bennett Turner Tierney

Fox

Johnson Howson

Hoolahan

Becchio Vaughan

There is no chance we would loan out RVW, why on earth would we do that? You''d like to think he would fire us straight back up, we''re not the soft Norwich of old, there isn''t a cats hell chance that McNally would loan him out. 

From our current first 11, the only one I doubt we''d see next season is Garrido as I don''t think he''ll sign if we go down.

Being financially stable and debt free now, it would take a large offer to sign someone like Snoddy from us, gone are the days where clubs can come in with 2m bids and we snap their hands off!

It''s not as simple as that Ellis.

Players like Snodgrass have only just had a taste of premier league football, is he really that loyal to Norwich City yet?

The same with RVW. Sure he may have signed a contract but he isn''t our player yet. He could easily state that he was intent on signing for a premier league team and would only play for a premier league team. A loan would suit both parties more than having to sell him on straight away.

stay up - barnett, c.martin, tierney, surman, holt, jackson, fox, vaughan, adeyami, smith

go down - ruddy, holt, r.martin, bassong, howson, pilkington, snodgrass, johnson

If there are relegation release clauses in some players contracts and if said club comes in with a bid that triggers that, I''m afraid there''s very little we can do.

If Ruddy doesn''t make the team for West Brom, I think something is definitely up there!

Who on earth do you think will want our players. Ruddy, Bassong and perhaps Turner for one of the promoted sides.

When Wolves were relegated they sold two players for more than £20M. Excluding Ruddy and Bassong that would buy most of the rest of our squad.