Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

How's this for an outcome....

Wigan beat Swansea tonight go to 38 points (probable)

Villa lose to Chelsea on Saturday stay on 40 points (probable)

Norwich win against WBA on Sunday go to 41 points (must happen)

Wigan lose to Arsenal stay on 38 points (probable)

Norwich are now safe.

At this point Villa and Wigan would need to beat each other to gaurantee safety.

Of course this doesn''t factor in what Sunderland, Southampton or Newcastle will do but that doesn''t matter as long as Cheslea and Arsenal both win the above games and we deliver against WBA we will be safe.

I am feeling slightly better about things but still some big ifs.

How exciting is this end of the season.

Basically as long as we beat WBA, and two of Villa, Wigan, Newcastle and Sunderland don''t win their next weekend (or tuesday in Wigan''s case) games, especially if Wigan only win one of their next two. We''re all but safe.

Its just beating WBA. From a next season point of view, Villa going down would be a great outcome. I think they have the potential to be more threatening than Newcastle and Sunderland. Although if Newcastle keep their ''stars'' get everyone fit again and add a couple more players like they have in past couple years they should steady the ship somewhat.

Hopefully Steve Clarke likes us and will let us win ;)

No chance Villa will go down. I think they will get something from Chelsea who will have guaranteed a Champions League spot and be resting players for Europa final.

Another probable thread where we have beaten WBA!! We all know that we will most likely be safe if we beat them!! The problem is that is a rather large IF!!![:''(]

Another probable thread where we have beaten WBA!! We all know that we will most likely be safe if we beat them!! The problem however being, that is a rather large IF!!![:''(]

I wouldn''t describe it as "exciting",more deeply worrying how we aren''t already safe considering the amount of woeful performances this season,especially after Christmas...

How about this for an outcome? Wigan lose 6-0 tonight, 6-0 on next game and we can limp along with 2 losses, staying up on 38.