Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Erm, team for West Brom?

Would like to see Elliott Bennett in the Wes Role. More of a direct runner and quicker which would help pin West Brom back a little.

The trouble with playing Holt and Becchio together is that teams can play a high defensive line against us and stifle the midfield. We need to stretch the game to stand a realistic chance of victory.

Another tricky situation. What we have been doing hasn''t been working but how do we change it now?

McAuley and Olsson at the back for WBA don''t give much away and it''ll be a long day at the office for Holt up against those two on his own.

Maybe it''d be nice to have Becchio up there to put some weight behind the attack but it seems very unlikely and how much would he fancy it now? He should probably have been kept involved a bit more incase we need him - which we quite possibly do.

I''d like to see Johnson out of the midfield. I can appreciate he''s generally had a solid season but his lack of pace in the midfield is costly and anyone with their eyes open should be able to see that Howson is contributing a lot more than he is at the moment. Maybe put Tettey in there alongside Howson and give the central midfield a bit more pace and mobility.

I''d also consider leaving Snodgrass out. Too often he kills off promising moves by holding the ball too long and then either playing the wrong ball or the right ball badly. However, he has had a pretty good season and on his day he''s a real threat. I find it strange how people hold the consistency of Elliott Bennett''s final ball against him when Snodgrass gets his final ball wrong quite often.

Time for Whittaker to replace Martin. Martin hasn''t done anything terribly wrong but his performances haven''t been anything to write home about either. Whittaker has got more ideas when he''s on the ball. He''s the better footballer.

Ruddy in goal would be very, very nice too.

It''s clear something needs to give. Holt is isolated; Hoolahan is trying to pull the strings but without another striker, that will always be difficult. I think its time to welcome back Ruddy. Bunn, has been a great replacement, he''s done a grand job, but I think Hughton has to be brutal in these last two games. He has to be able to upset a few players for the sake of the team. For me, we need to start like this...RuddyMartin Bennett/(Turner if fit) Bassong GarridoSnodgrass Johnson Fox PilkingtonHolt JacksonI think Fox deserves a run, he is a class act on the ball. Johnson can do the business off the ball doing what he does best. Howson for will be unlucky to not get the nod, but Fox has that killer pass in him. Jackson deserves a start. Pace, hunger and an eye for a goal. He always scores important goals; now is the time. I think Hoolahan will be a luxury for a game like this, maybe bring him on later in the game. Snodgrass has been superb all season, his endeavour and work ethic is unreal. I would love to see Becchio given a run too.OTBC! 

[quote user="GJP"]

Another tricky situation. What we have been doing hasn''t been working but how do we change it now?

McAuley and Olsson at the back for WBA don''t give much away and it''ll be a long day at the office for Holt up against those two on his own.

Maybe it''d be nice to have Becchio up there to put some weight behind the attack but it seems very unlikely and how much would he fancy it now? He should probably have been kept involved a bit more incase we need him - which we quite possibly do.

I''d like to see Johnson out of the midfield. I can appreciate he''s generally had a solid season but his lack of pace in the midfield is costly and anyone with their eyes open should be able to see that Howson is contributing a lot more than he is at the moment. Maybe put Tettey in there alongside Howson and give the central midfield a bit more pace and mobility.

I''d also consider leaving Snodgrass out. Too often he kills off promising moves by holding the ball too long and then either playing the wrong ball or the right ball badly. However, he has had a pretty good season and on his day he''s a real threat. I find it strange how people hold the consistency of Elliott Bennett''s final ball against him when Snodgrass gets his final ball wrong quite often.

Time for Whittaker to replace Martin. Martin hasn''t done anything terribly wrong but his performances haven''t been anything to write home about either. Whittaker has got more ideas when he''s on the ball. He''s the better footballer.

Ruddy in goal would be very, very nice too.

[/quote]I''m glad you wrote that as its pretty much exactly what I would have suggested and for the same reasons!

I would like it to be:

Ruddy

Whittaker        R. Bennett          Bassong      Garrido

Johnson

Snodgrass        Howson              E. Bennett    Pilkington

Becchio

But I expect it will be very similar to last weekend, maybe Whittaker for Garrido and Ruddy for Bunn if we''re lucky

Ruddy?Bunn

Martin R Bennett Bassong Whittaker

Snodgrass Howson Johnson Pilkngton

E Bennett

Holt/Becchio

Whittaker replaces Garrido to help the defense deal with the physical threat posed by West Brom. Bunn plays if Ruddy is not ready. Becchio is a little more mobile than Holt, but happy either way.

The big change: Elliot Bennett to replace Hoolahan as the second-striker. It''ll work! I can feel it.