Erm, team for West Brom?

I would go back to the team that set us on the 10 game unbeaten run:The

players are fit, and match fit, and know the system.  It has been

successful at home more often than not, although we need to play with

greater urgency and more focus on winning as a draw will probably not be

enough.The exception is Ruddy, who may need to stay on the

bench as this isn''t a game to rush people back into when they aren''t

match fit.  If Turner is fit then he should play, otherwise R Bennett

was a rare positive note from yesterday.

Norwich City

• 01 Ruddy(BUNN)
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 05 Bassong
  • 06 Turner or R Bennett
  • 18 Garrido
  • 04 Johnson
  • 12 Pilkington
  • 14 Hoolahan
  • 27 Tettey
  • 07 Snodgrass
  • 09 Holt
Tough on R Martin and arguably Howson who was slightly better in the last game, but needs must.Becchio on the bench along with Jackson and Vaughan, though the day we go 3-2-5 under Hughton is the day I cough up and eat my own kidney.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would go back to the team that set us on the 10 game unbeaten run:The

Norwich City

• 01 Ruddy(BUNN)
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 05 Bassong
  • 06 Turner or R Bennett
  • 18 Garrido
  • 04 Johnson
  • 12 Pilkington
  • 14 Hoolahan
  • 27 Tettey
  • 07 Snodgrass
  • 09 Holt

Tough on R Martin and arguably Howson who was slightly better in the last game, but needs must.Becchio on the bench along with Jackson and Vaughan, though the day we go 3-2-5 under Hughton is the day I cough up and eat my own kidney.[/quote]

If Vaughan even available?

I can handle the above team for sure though or 4-4-2 with Holt and Becchio/Jacko

[quote user="York Canary"]

AS LONG AS RUDDY F****** PLAYS

If Bunn plays and we let in ANOTHER long range pot shot I will kill CH myself

[/quote][:D]

There have been so many threads in which Vaughans un-availability is mentioned that i cannot under stand people still expecting him to be picked. He is NOT in our 25 man squad. and he has been chosen as Huddersfields POS, to rub salt into the wound.

[/quote]quite happy to provide you with an alibi

RuddyWhitaker        Bassong         Turner/Bennet       Garrido Snodgrass          Johnson         Howson          Pilkington                           Holt            Becchio

Sub. Hoolahan, E.Bennet, R.Martin, Tetty, Fox, Bunn, Jackson

If Ruddy is fit then now is the time to have potentially Englands number 1 in goal. Turner back in if he is ready, not sure if he will be. Now with the midfield I wouldnt change too much as we largely had control of the game against Villa with our possesion being very high, however our lack of threat  on goal means Id rather slightly adjust it to a more classic 4-4-2 to accomodate the second striker. Becchio has to start alongside Holt with the instructions not to go looking for the ball, but to stay central... if Holt wants to go workman then so be it, but we need someone in there if Holt finds himself putting the cross in. Same if we want to make full use of the service from Pilkington, Snodgrass and the overlapping full backs. Id get Johnson to cover the back 4 and then encourage Howson to be more direct when in possesion, really look to burst forward into the space before distributing.

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"][img]http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/05/706055_Norwich_City.jpg[/img][/quote][Y]

Got to go attacking in my opinion, so i''d go two up front.

Ruddy

Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido

Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington

Becchio Holt

Got to bring Ruddy back in my opinion. Bunn has been competent but of our number one choice is available, pick him! I believe he commands his penalty area and keeps the defence in order much better than what Bunn does.

Whittaker for me has looked very good and i''m continuously baffled as to why he''s on the bench week in week out.

Turner should play if fit. If not, Ryan Bennett did his chances no harm vs Reading and Villa. Could try Barnett or R.Martin in the middle, i''d be OK with this if either happened. As long as they can contain the pace and strength of Shane Long and Romelu Lukaku.

Midfield i''d like to see Tettey back. We had our better spells of the season with Johnson and Tettey as a midfield pairing. Tettey has a little more to his pressuring and tackling than Howson.

Now for me is the time to give Becchio a chance to prove his worth, what harm can it do. He''d be fired up with a point to prove and confidence after scoring a fair amount for Leeds earlier in the season. If Hughton wants pace, then Jackson''s your guy although i''d swap out Holt for him in that situation. Holt has had enough chances now and I feel his recent performances have been poor.

Wingers i''d also be happy to see Elliott Bennett back in the side in place of Snodgrass if he isn''t fit.

With the above in mind, I''d be content with 4-2-3-1 if he does the following:

Ruddy

Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido

Tettey, Johnson

Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington

Becchio

Very much doubt Ruddy will play for us again, he hasn''t even made the bench yet. I''m reading between the lines. Jackson was preferred to Becchio last outing so I expect he''ll get the nod.

Bunny

Whitty. Turner. Bass. Garry

Snoddy. Johnson. Howson. Pilks

Holt. Jackson.

[quote user="morty"]As much as he is lambasted by people on here, Hughton really isn''t THAT stupid that he leaves fantastic players languishing in the reserves.If they were chomping at the bit so much in training, how could he ignore them, I mean if a player is that good surely he would be forced to rethink a few things?[/quote]Simeon got 30 seconds in the Villa game. Wonderful.  What was the point of that?  Hoots has left Whittaker on the sidelines since his recovery from injury.  Surprising given he was our right back during the famed 10 game unbeaten run.  A First XI we haven''t seen since.Hoot is just an average championship manager.  He prefers cloggers to class.  A poor man''s Steve Bruce.  If he relegates us, no better than Worthy (who also preferred cloggers to class).

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]As much as he is lambasted by people on here, Hughton really isn''t THAT stupid that he leaves fantastic players languishing in the reserves.If they were chomping at the bit so much in training, how could he ignore them, I mean if a player is that good surely he would be forced to rethink a few things?[/quote]Simeon got 30 seconds in the Villa game. Wonderful.  What was the point of that?  Hoots has left Whittaker on the sidelines since his recovery from injury.  Surprising given he was our right back during the famed 10 game unbeaten run.  A First XI we haven''t seen since.Hoot is just an average championship manager.  He prefers cloggers to class.  A poor man''s Steve Bruce.  If he relegates us, no better than Worthy (who also preferred cloggers to class).[/quote]Wow I don''t even quite know where to start.Simeon got 3 or 4 minutes, would you rather he did nothing, just leave it as it is and lose the game anyway? He can''t really win here, can he? (Pun not intended)I agree about Whittaker, but do you honestly think that he would leave him out of the team for no good reason whatsoever?And that last bit is your opinion, I''m sure it makes sense to you.

[/quote]

Yes Can''t help but read those telegrams before they shoot on goal. Lets have the big man back

So in a must win game where so many fans want us to play attacking football, why are so many people STILL advocating playing 2 defensive midfielders against WBA????Tettey and Johnson together are fine if we simply want to try to shut up shop and stifle the game, but from a creativity and attacking perspective, they offer us virtually nothing of value.This is why I wanted to see the diamond return until we can strengthen in the summer, that way Tettey handles the defensive side, whilst Wes provides the creativity for the front two.

@Joanna Grey

That''s a good shout, if it''s feasible I''d go with that, be very surprised to see Ruddy though.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ruddy

Whittaker Turner/Bennett Bassong Garrido

Bennett Howson Johnson Pilkington

Snodgrass

Becchio[/quote]  i quite like the look of this line-up. at least it has an attacking look to it. Snoddy in the hole behind the striker looks positive. he is much more a goal scoring threat than Wes and we need goals, plural. E.Benno is faster and has a good cross when he gets further forward and Pilks should be given the freedom to come inside if he thinks it is beneficial to the action. but expect Jonno and Tetty/Howson to be playing as DMs as usual.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ruddy

Whittaker Turner/Bennett Bassong Garrido

Bennett Howson Johnson Pilkington

Snodgrass

Becchio[/quote]  i quite like the look of this line-up. at least it has an attacking look to it. Snoddy in the hole behind the striker looks positive. he is much more a goal scoring threat than Wes and we need goals, plural. E.Benno is faster and has a good cross when he gets further forward and Pilks should be given the freedom to come inside if he thinks it is beneficial to the action. but expect Jonno and Tetty/Howson to be playing as DMs as usual.[/quote]Plus there''s literally no chance of CH dropping Holt for the last home game of the season and bringing in Becchio cold to replace himI can see a 4-4-2

Going 4 in midfield is suicide. the volume of goals coming straight through the middle is embarrasing - too often players allowed to run 40 yards for a free shot. The baggies prefer to attack through the middle so we have to shore this up - but we can do that without losing attacking ability. How we can play two defensive midfielders and concede like that is a mystery - no its not, its incompetence.

Part of our problem is our non defensive midfielders sit too deep and are simply incapable of finding the good creative players we have. When the creatives do get the ball they are always 50 yards from goal - too far away to hurt anyone and then too slow in ball movement (not foot speed) to hurt anyone.

Our last good performance was against Spurs at home - the difference being the energy we brought to the game - much more in their face and actually making tackles. It was also the last time we had a fully fit outfield team.

Without Keis movement up front we are going to struggle, even more if we continue with Howson BJ partnership - it''s brings nothing to the team and such a losing combination - we only started winning after our dire start once the undroppables were. (With howson starting Loss ratio = 55% of games, without 19%, win ratio with howson starting 15%, without 31%) We are twice the team when howson does not start.

Starting with holt seems wrong - in the last 11 games he has had just 5 shots on target from just 13 efforts and two of those penalties (Kei 6 from 18) but i cant see Becchio coming in so far from the cold. so for me its a familiar team but relying on a more in your face approach - a la Spurs.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Garrido

Tettey BJ

Snodgrass Hoolahan Pilkington

Holt

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would go back to the team that set us on the 10 game unbeaten run:The

Norwich City

• 01 Ruddy(BUNN)
  • 03 Whittaker
  • 05 Bassong
  • 06 Turner or R Bennett
  • 18 Garrido
  • 04 Johnson
  • 12 Pilkington
  • 14 Hoolahan
  • 27 Tettey
  • 07 Snodgrass
  • 09 Holt
Tough on R Martin and arguably Howson who was slightly better in the last game, but needs must.Becchio on the bench along with Jackson and Vaughan, though the day we go 3-2-5 under Hughton is the day I cough up and eat my own kidney.[/quote]

Cant argue with that chops

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJqCNKYCcAALlN5.png[/img]
Probably a load of rubbish but there we go...

Ginja wrote - That''s a good shout, if it''s feasible I''d go with that, be very surprised to see Ruddy though.

star_manic wrote - i quite like the look of this line-up.

I thought playing the 4 ex-Leeds players might be an advantage. And yeah, I would be surprised to see Ruddy, Wenger has probably put a stop to that.

[quote user="Ginja"][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJqCNKYCcAALlN5.png[/img]
Probably a load of rubbish but there we go...
[/quote]

This is my team aswell. Pilks and Bennett should provide Holt and Becchio with decent service. Becchio has a chance to prove his worth and hopefully with Snodgrass up there aswell they can ensure that Holt stays central and doesnt drift out wide. First time, early crosses will be key. Everyone needs to deliver their performance of the season.

We could set the team up as per normal and defend the 0-0 - that seems a popular strategy. Or we could go out and try and win the match - just a thought.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We could set the team up as per normal and defend the 0-0 - that seems a popular strategy. Or we could go out and try and win the match - just a thought.[/quote]Picking up on that tongue in cheek statement, yes we all know we have to win, but it is also important we don''t get beaten, who knows how useful a point could turn out to be.