What the heck do we do?

Something different is needed.

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Whittaker

E Bennet Garrido

Tettey Jonno

Snod Bechio Pilks

wing backs

[quote user="Power Hamster"]Play the U 18 side. At least they know how to win.[/quote]

Good call. I suggest, if we do go down, some of those lads may get a chance in the first team next season.

I don''t see why Ruddy hasn''t been used yet - unless the rumours are true that he''s effectively gone. Bunn''s not done much wrong (and had little to do yesterday), but I can''t help but think JR''s height/reach would have saved several goals this season, including possibly at least one yesterday.

My starting XI would not be too different from yesterday, but with Ruddy and Whittaker (for Garrido) in for sure.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]David Fox please.[/quote]

Though I love Fox, he''s barely kicked a ball in a year. He isnt realisitically going to play very well with all that rust to shake off, similarly Tierney. Theyve both been rendered unusable options. Dont even think theyve played in the U21 games so cant think theyre anywhere near match fitness.

Whilst everybody has raved about BJ this season, I think many of the problems this season have been partly because of his limits. He''s played to the best of his ability, and credit to him for that, but like Tettey he does one thing well and one thing only, breaking up the play. If we had more of an all round centre mid in the pitch the attack might not be so ineffective.

Fox is not without his limits either, you would lose BJs muscle and protection of the back four, but Fox would regulate the play. Without him everything has to go through Hoolahan which makes us very one-dimensional.

Freezing out Fox has been a massive mistake this season. Whilst never doing anything spectactular, he was the outlet for the defence that allowed Wes to thread the needle. We''ve sorely missed someone playing that role this season cuz BJ cant, and Tettey certainly cant.

But I dont think you could bring Fox in now, he''s grown mould like a Sports cars thats been sat in the garage too long

Yeah I know what you''re saying. Think it''s worth a shot though, can''t see us getting the 3 points next weekend if we have the same personal/approach.

We created next to nothing against Villa and precisely nothing against our other relegation rivals Wigan and Stoke. West Brom''s defence will be even tougher.

I might me wrong but I think if we sign him perm then he is available for the last two games? does anyone know?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]More chance of seeing Cody than Kei I''m afraid Paul, he''s gone.[/quote]

Oh Dear, then we really are in trouble.

Personally I think Hughton will play exactly the same side with the possible exception of Ruddy or Turner being fit again and coming in.Our formation has clearly not been bearing fruit in recent months so do we stick or go for broke? I think we should maybe just pick our most consistent XI and sort the formation around them.                   Bunn/RuddyWhitaker-Turner-Bassong-GarridoBenno-Hoolahoop-Johnson-Snoddy                 Jackson-HoltCafu is unfortunate to miss out but I still think Whitaker offers more going forward. Taking a gamble on playing Hoolahoop dead centre but we need his creativity. Pilks, Becchio and Tettey to be doing lots of warming up on the touch-line and ready to come on with lots of time to play if things aren''t working! Foxy on the bench although, as someone else has said, he''s a rusty Fox

Definitely Ruddy if he''s not leaving!! Also Turner if he''s back (sadly one of our best chances of scoring)

This is probably a stupid idea, but can we call back any of our loan strikers from the championship? e.g. Vaughan, Chris Martin bloody ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d definitely play Ruddy and then two up front. Holt and Kamara.[/quote]  unless we sign KK tomorrow, he has played his last game for us, so that can''t happen. and i doubt now, with our future in the balance, that we will be signing him.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d definitely play Ruddy and then two up front. Holt and Kamara.[/quote]  unless we sign KK tomorrow, he has played his last game for us, so that can''t happen. and i doubt now, with our future in the balance, that we will be signing him.
[/quote]

I''d sign him for those two games.

I don''t care how little he has played recently, but Becchio must play. In a full season Holt has achieved six goals with the aid of a penalty. When Becchio came to us he had many more in half a season, admittedly only in a lower division.

I go along with Super Canary - we have been neglecting Whittaker, as well as Becchio, and we ought to play both. Benno must start.

The 3-2-2-3 shape may not suit CH as being light defensively, but what have we got to lose, bearing in mind that we are creating so little?

I thought holt was shocking yesterday, i dont think becchio could do any worse no matter how much he''s played. if you gonna go 1 up front you need someone to win the headers and hold the ball up, whether you like him or not Morison was a much better option on his own. Thats why under lambert if we ever went 1 up front he played Morison. Holt doesn''t win any headers. the centre half always get there 1st because he always seems to jump to early.

Something needs to change - most of the players used recently have

failed too many times & we can''t risk trusting our PL status with them again next week.The

first name NOT on my team sheet would be Holt. He has offered nothing

for months now & we can''t afford to carry passengers any longer.We are woefully short of pace & need someone in the team who can run at defenders & create problems for them.Goal - RuddyDefence - Whittaker, R Bennett, Bassong, Tierney  Midfield - Johnson, Fox, Murphy (Josh) HoolahanStrikers - Pilkington, JacksonSubs

- Snodgrass (knackered & can''t last 90 min), E Bennett (tries hard

but fails too often), Howson (ditto) Tettey (ditto + can''t pass),

Barnet, Bechio, Bunn (all 3 to be used only in an emergency).Ruddy

is better than Bunn & appears to be fit. Whatever happens at the

end of the season he''s still our player now & should play.Whittaker offers more attacking options than Martin - deserves another chance at right back.Tierney

is quicker than Garrido & better at getting forward & putting

in crosses. He''s also arguably better at defending.R Bennett & Bassong - the best centre backs available.Johnson is our best stopperFox is a better passer than Howson, Tettey & E BennettHoolahan is our best creative playerMurphy

at this level is an unknown quantity to us, and to WBA, but has bags of

pace which would at least keep one of their full backs busy. Worth the

risk.Pilkinton & Jackson down the middle, both have pace &

Pilkington is good in the air. The pairing is worth a try if only on the

basis that they can''t be any worse than Holt, Kamara or Bechio.

Same starting 11 as yesterday, bar Ruddy back in goal.Like it or not, we haven''t got much better, though I would like to think that Becchio is doing his best to catch the managers eye this week in training.

Some posts above are saying Ksmara, but he''s at Heathrow, just about to fly out to the USA.

Give Becchio a chance and Ruddy between the sticks.

Saturday we are in the Last Chance Saloon - would you trust our future to a team made up of players, the majority of which, have failed to produce anything on so many occassions recently or risk doing something different.Fortune favours the brave.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Saturday we are in the Last Chance Saloon - would you trust our future to a team made up of players, the majority of which, have failed to produce anything on so many occassions recently or risk doing something different.Fortune favours the brave.[/quote]Whilst I agree with the statement, this only works if you have genuine quality waiting in the wings.

I''d go 4-3-3 and take the game by the scruff of the neck
Ruddy
Martin-Bassong-Turner*-Whittaker
Tettey Johnson
Howson
Snodgrass Pilkington
Holt
*R.Bennet if Turner not fit
Subs: Bunn, Garrido, Becchio, Bennet, Jackson or whoever

[quote user="morty"]Whilst I agree with the statement, this only works if you have genuine quality waiting in the wings.[/quote]We might not have "genuine quality" waiting in the wings but then again the current team isn''t exactly brimming with genuine quality.But what we do have waiting in the wings is a number of players who haven''t been given a fair crack of the whip by Hughton, a number of players who are chomping at the the bit to get in the team & prove their worth and a number of players who are arguably just as good as the Hughton clique who have got us into this mess. And they might just save his bacon.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]Whilst I agree with the statement, this only works if you have genuine quality waiting in the wings.[/quote]We might not have "genuine quality" waiting in the wings but then again the current team isn''t exactly brimming with genuine quality.But what we do have waiting in the wings is a number of players who haven''t been given a fair crack of the whip by Hughton, a number of players who are chomping at the the bit to get in the team & prove their worth and a number of players who are arguably just as good as the Hughton clique who have got us into this mess. And they might just save his bacon.[/quote]Again, I don''t entirely disagree.However...As much as he is lambasted by people on here, Hughton really isn''t THAT stupid that he leaves fantastic players languishing in the reserves.If they were chomping at the bit so much in training, how could he ignore them, I mean if a player is that good surely he would be forced to rethink a few things?Playing players that haven''t played all season is like putting 80 million on red and hoping for the best.