Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Who will we lose if we go down?

To me, we''re down (but please prove me wrong guys!). So who do you guys think we will lose?

For me...

For certain...

Ruddy- Obviously

Snodgrass- Premier League quality

Tettey- Premier League quality

Bassong- Premier League quality

Pilkington- Premier League quality

Garrido- Returns to Lazio

Turner- Premier League quality

Maybe...

Johnson

Howson

Fox

R. Martin

Bunn

The rest I think we can keep. Any opinions?

take Tettey off that list, he''s not that great, Turner will probably stick around (unless Hull want him back). The rest sadly will go.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]To me, we''re down......[/quote]Good job we didn''t have to rely on people like you in World War Two. You''d have thrown your arms in the air in surrender the first time a German farted....

I only think we''re going down because we''ve won something like 2 in 19.

I highly doubt we can get one more with our current style of play.

Ridicule me all you want, but it''s my opinion and using ad hominem won''t affect me.

Depends on what they have in their contracts. In theory we have them for the duration of their contracts, and we could easily say,"Stay with us for one year, and wages between Premiership and Championship, and then ....   Some may have negotiated a "get-out" clause, but we would not let them go for peanuts.

We don''t want a fire sale, obviously, and finish up with just the players on the periphery of the present team. If we have to sell most, then that means a struggle to avoid relegation further in 2014.

It would be a challenge, but good could come of it, if we are patient. Many of the players you mention are barely Premiership standard, at least on a consistent basis, and most lack the pace needed. We signed them to escape Division One and the Championship, each time thinking that we would have a period of consolidation and building before the next challenge. But promotion was rapid, and we have several players who are borderline Premiership.