Sign in to follow this  
Baracouda

Pilks

If we go 442...

Would u play Pilks upfront.

I''m thinking that header against Utd, along with his pace and tricky.

Jackson and Becchio must have their confidence completely and utterly destroyed by now so, Pilks or Snoddy for me.

ive read this about 12 times in the last few dayshes a wingerhes too lightweight to be a striker

we will have 1 up front like we have for 93% of the season

Interesting. I had considered this myself.

The thing about Pilks is that no matter how poorly he plays, you''d still be reluctant to take him off because, no matter how crap he is in any particular game, he is always a goal threat.

Played poorly this year, but scored important goals. Possible that he was moving in to good form, but then got injured (story of our season in many ways).

Pilks is more than capable of playing as a second-striker, and did so on several occasions for Huddersfield. However, I''d rather have E Bennett there (I''ve been saying this all day).

Nonetheless, with Benno, Pilks and Snoddy, they are all capable of playing as a second-striker. Perhaps starting with all three (not really been able to all season due to injuries) is an option. As I have said before, the potential interchange between the three of them is mouth-watering... if they can get it to work, that is.

[quote user="Baracouda"]If we go 442...

Jackson and Becchio must have their confidence completely and utterly destroyed by now so, Pilks or Snoddy for me.[/quote]

Now really, really isnt the time to start experimenting with playing players out of position. Say all you want about how the gamble could work, but its that, a gamble, there is more chance of it not working.

That is true morty but looking how Jackson and Becchio have been giving chances. I''m not sure going with them so low on confidence at a guess. Would be the answer.

And of course, that''s if we go 442

For me its still better he starts in his preferred position, and joins in the attacks like he did against villa. Starting to play players experimentally smacks a bit of desperation. For me a 4-4-2 with the attacking force of holt and becchio, pilks and bennet down the flanks is what we need. Push the midfield duo further up the pitch and let the strikers play how they want to, and not drift all over the place.

Pilks is a good diver so yeah why not, we''ll play Lee Camp centre-back and Bassong left wing too. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Baracouda"]If we go 442...

Jackson and Becchio must have their confidence completely and utterly destroyed by now so, Pilks or Snoddy for me.[/quote]

Now really, really isnt the time to start experimenting with playing players out of position. Say all you want about how the gamble could work, but its that, a gamble, there is more chance of it not working.[/quote]and what we are doing at the moment is working? a change has to be made and this sounds very positive.