Sign in to follow this  
Media_Student

Howard Webb Ref for WBA match

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/appointments.html?paramSearchContext=MATCH_WEEK¶mMatchWeek=37

We''ve got Howard Webb Sunday. Having one of the best referee''s in the UK this weekend is something to smile about!

I actually thought he''d get this game a couple of days ago, i also dreamt that we won it and that guaranteed our safety :P

Sorry folks Im one of those that thinks he is as bad as the rest.

Played a brillant 1-2 at Wigan when Wes lost the ball out of surprise and was going to give a foul that wasnt.

Could be worst could have that prat Clattenberk, or Oliver , or Friend god I could go on !

We may be confident that there will be fewer mistakes and less cause for complaint. It could really be in our own hands, now!

[quote user="Salopian"]We may be confident that there will be fewer mistakes and less cause for complaint. It could really be in our own hands, now![/quote]

That''s the angle I was going for with this post. A more competent ref, but of course we still have to do the rest!

Isn''t it interesting that virtually every fan rates Webb as being the best?

Just shows the chasm between a really good referee (not perfect, god knows) and some of the prima donna utter dross we get most weeks (Yes Calamity Clattebnberg I mean you!)

Surely it shouldn''t be too much to ask of professional referees that they all come close to Webb''s standard as a general rule?

(Now watch him give a controversial last minute penalty to WBA on Saturday)

Man U need the extra 10000 fans that Wigan have, so surely him being there tonight and at ours on Sunday has something to do with making sure Wigan go down?