Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

How much money has Nige actually got?

I''m getting slightly concerned about this fact.  To quote Chris Wise in the EDP this morning, re Worthy''s transfer budget: 

"If that pair (Green and Francis) decided that their best interests would be served by staying at Carrow Road then his (Nige''s) options would obviously become a good deal more limited."

I''m getting a bit worried, not about Green and Francis staying.  IMO there is no dount that both want to leave.  I''m getting concerned that no Premiership clubs will come in for them.  If they leave, Nige is guaranteed the cash.  However, if they don''t how much has Nige really got? 

Another interesting quote, at the bottom of the article is:

"A new right-back is a must following Edworthy''s departure while a right-sided midfielder, a central midfielder and a striker to replace Svensson are also likely to feature high on Worthington''s shopping list."

Well, at least Nige has the same shopping list as everyone else!  However, how good are these players going to be if no money is generated from Green/Damo leaving?  Will we have to rely on frees and loans?  I sincerely hope not.

My final point is regarding Doncaster''s "Don''t panic", "we don''t do anything til July" speech.  IMO this is false economy.  I know I''m not the one balancing the books but surely it would make more sense to get the players you want in early and pay the extra 50k in wages for June.  1) It gives the player longer to settle in and 2) You get a wider pick of players.

Just a couple of thoughts anyway.......

I too am concerned both about the figures and about timing.

Interestingly, in today''s Times the article concerning Liverpool''s bid for Peter Crouch includes the observation that Benitez wants to have his full squad in place and ready for preseason training on 27th June!!!!

Someone obviously does not buy into the most trading in done in July mantra.

Anyway, doesn''t the early bird get the worm?

Helveg Must Stay!!!!!!!!!!!

The money, the lack of activity, the excuses from livermore, worthy and doncaster (everyone is on holiday - right, well why do other clubs keep signing players?).

I''m worried - last year our squad was far too small. At the moment we have let go of players and the only real speculation is about others leaving. Will we even have an XI come the first game of the season?

:

Absolutely DD- we want the new blood to be playing their way into our team in preseason training, not away at Wolves or Ipswich. If Green and Francis are to go then they should be sold right away to allow Nigel to scout around in good time to bring the team together for August.

Last season I feel sure our premiership return was hampered by two major signings in Helveg and Jonson not having adapted in time.

[quote]The money, the lack of activity, the excuses from livermore, worthy and doncaster (everyone is on holiday - right, well why do other clubs keep signing players?). I''m worried - last year our squad w...[/quote]

Can you change you signature from Fly Away Canaries.  As you pointed out most of the speculation is about players leaving.  Fly away is making me nervous

Other clubs signing players????

Take a look at the following link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4597769.stm

Not many Prem/Fizzy clubs have done any business, so I wouldn''t be overly concerned.

I would rather have us sign players that we have checked, double checked and negotiated the best deal for, than sign players "because every one else is"

Quality signings, at the right price is what we need, and deals for these types of players take time - look at how long the Huckerby signing took.

I''m not worried at all really, there is still a long way to go before the start of the season.

The main thing i am worried about is that we might bring new players in, and want to play them out of position.

I''m looking at a right sided midfielder, we all know Jonson and Henderson can play there at a push, but my fear is we bring in a couple of new central midfielders, then ask one of them to play out on the right as we''ve not been able to bring anyone in whos natural position is on the right.

I believe that Green and Francis will end up going, so that would be 3m - 4.5m into Worthys pocket (depending if they buy the Francis that was so poor at the end of the season, or the one that was superb at the start)

I''d imagine we''ll have 4.5m - 5.5m to spend, that should be enough i reckon.

this is another subject that has been brung up several times, how much?

before we had figure, this time we have none! is it over 3 million or under? who knows....... all we have been told is that the club is money wise, does that mean we have lots of spare cash aswell?

We still were never told the full amount Sir Watling left to us, maybe someone from norwich will release some figures soon so we know how much we have to spend!!!!!

[quote]Other clubs signing players???? Take a look at the following link http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4597769.stm Not many Prem/Fizzy clubs have done any business, so I wouldn''t be overly conc...[/quote]

I agree completely with you on this one! Its like Doncaster and Livermore have said! I mean look at all the speculation about Green and he is still on holiday in the states!! No way would he be talking to clubs if he was on holiday!! And as for other clubs buying and we haven''t look at the players they''ve signed! Darren Ward and Jon Macken for Palace?! Not the best signing in the world! Guarantee when we make our first signing it will be well worth the wait and i for one am thinking that Ryan Taylor could still be on his way to Norwich!!

[quote]this is another subject that has been brung up several times, how much? before we had figure, this time we have none! is it over 3 million or under? who knows....... all we have been told is that the...[/quote]

£3 million pounds I believe, before we actully sell anyone, then that will go into the kitty also. Geoffrey Watling didn''t leave us any money in his will, his will just wrote off the £1.5 million loan he had given to the club. Hope that helps.

You can''t compare us to Liverpool, they are the Champions of Europe and one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world, they will always attract the big names and get them early. I feel we will left with the scraps from the masters table,with last minute signings of "journeymen" footballers.

There are some good players to be had though who are free agents, Keith Gillespie, John Curtis & Lee Clark to name but a few, it''s whether we can lure them to Colney or not is the key,(it always seems to work)!!

[quote]I''m getting slightly concerned about this fact. To quote Chris Wise in the EDP this morning, re Worthy''s transfer budget: "If that pair (Green and Francis) decided that their best interests would b...[/quote]

Do you know you spell doubt like this.When i do this on any of my posts i get right slagged off its nice to see we all make errors on here.