Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Why Was Hughton Sacked?

now now girls...if it''s really that bad I can put you both in touch with a local fight promoter... even get it shown online if you want?

[quote user="Clint"]Wow, Nutty, that''s fast its almost like you don''t have a life and spend it on here all day.

Look back at your numerous posts, I''m sure you''ll see - may take you a while though but you seem like the type of guy with plenty of time to kill.

Where have I picked a fight with anyone?  I believe you''re the one that just told me to get a life!  I opened a thread with a genuine question and it was basically turned into a 3 page slagging match featuring the usual culprits.  This, to my mind, isn''t what an internet message board about football is for, is it?

[/quote]

Indeed Clint. I was thinking that if the others on this thread got out more and you got a life we may end enriching our own existences. What do you think buddy? Not quite so much time to kill right now so this took a while. But you won''t mind cuz you seem like the type of guy who stuggles absorb things very quickly.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]never known a feeling like it.[/quote]

Blimey that good

Hoot was extremely unlucky to get the push at Newcastle. But he wasn''t the first and won''t be the last to be shoved off that merry-go round. Roeder also had a decent record there and was shown the door, and Allardyce got the push in a higher position than they finished the season before he took over...

Of course Newcastle in their infinite wisdom then reward Alan Pardew after his excellent season last year with a 10 year contract. How everyone laughed!

A clueless club and I hope they get relegated.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Hoot was extremely unlucky to get the push at Newcastle. But he wasn''t the first and won''t be the last to be shoved off that merry-go round. Roeder also had a decent record there and was shown the door, and Allardyce got the push in a higher position than they finished the season before he took over... Of course Newcastle in their infinite wisdom then reward Alan Pardew after his excellent season last year with a 10 year contract. How everyone laughed! A clueless club and I hope they get relegated.[/quote]

^^This ^^ with knobs on. Nauseating or not[;)]

Perfectly reasonable comment, nothing to get upset about

Going back to the original topic I think it was 90% Ashley being a t**t and wanting to appoint his gambling buddy but I also recall someone posting a quote from a Newcastle Director a while back to the effect that they "wanted a change of attitude in the dressing room." This could imply that maybe there were some similar concerns to those expressed on here by some. That said I don''t remember who posted it or precisely what was said nor can I recall if it was a verified quote!

As for all the squabbling can''t people just give it a rest. Morty and LDC have wrecked about 5 threads on here recently with pages of schoolboy insults and whilst he can''t help respond every time I''m not sure LDC has been the main protagonist this time. Now Nutty is wading into Clint for reasons that escape me. Can''t we all just take a break and discuss what is a huge week for our club!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Going back to the original topic I think it was 90% Ashley being a t**t and wanting to appoint his gambling buddy but I also recall someone posting a quote from a Newcastle Director a while back to the effect that they "wanted a change of attitude in the dressing room." This could imply that maybe there were some similar concerns to those expressed on here by some. That said I don''t remember who posted it or precisely what was said nor can I recall if it was a verified quote!

As for all the squabbling can''t people just give it a rest. Morty and LDC have wrecked about 5 threads on here recently with pages of schoolboy insults and whilst he can''t help respond every time I''m not sure LDC has been the main protagonist this time. Now Nutty is wading into Clint for reasons that escape me. Can''t we all just take a break and discuss what is a huge week for our club![/quote]

Yes, apologies, it was me - this time. I should let it go.  On topic,  his sacking at Newcastle seemed to everyone to be unjustified.  No-one has come up with a justifiable reason, but he was sacked, its  very sad that we have come to the situation we are in.   Some of us still feel he has something to offer and that somehow, the end of this season can be a catalyst for  an improved set up next season.   Hughton himself may go away in the close season and reflect how he could ave done things differently.  It would be a surprise if he didn''t.  If nothing else, he has laid foundations down in defence - we have at least two very good central defenders and full backs too.  If this was to continue  (and would Bassong stay if Hughton left?) then with the addition of more quality midfielders things could be very much better next season.   The only issue will be which division we''re in.   I wouldn''t sack him now because of the groundwork he has done.  Whichever league we are in,  it would be the sensible thing to give him at least until Christmas to show some improvement in the forward play.      On the whole CH has been successful at whatever he has done - so this has been his biggest challenge, one that I hope isn''t over.   The Newcastle sacking was a joke and if he is sacked from here it would be a mistake, whatever the outcome this season.  Imo. 

Nutty, my post count is 446 since 2004 whereas yours is 20,267 from 2006, I think is patently obvious which of us needs to get a life, get out more and indeed enrich our own existence.I''m now off to watch Wigan hopefully get a trouncing so won''t be playing anymore this evening, sorry, perhaps you could find something else to do as well?

Enjoy the game Clint. I''m watching it too. When your busy schedule allows could you let me know whether we can judge posters by their avatars as well as post counts? Usernames even? Thanks[Y]