Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Could Sunday be Holts final Carrow Road Game?

If he goes to Celtic as part of a deal for Hooper as some people have speculated then surely Sunday would be his final game at Carrow Road.

If so surely he''d be doubly motivated to score in a winning cause and keep us up.

No, so many factors now with regards to where we might be playing.. but that aside I think the plan is to have him up front with RVW next season but in competiton with a new addition. If we stay up then this might be the last match where he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

If we go down we''ll need him to score goals in the Championship. If we stay up I think we should consider selling him if a good offer came in. He''s been a hero for us and will always be remembered that way, but all good things come to and end. I fancy him to score against WBA, one last hurrah for the old war horse.

I''m trying not to feel too bleak at the moment. The whole situation is touch and go.

The Hooper deal I should imagine will only happen if we stay up. If Holt is part of the deal we''ll only know then.

However if we go down, I think Holt may well go anyway. Who could blame him? If Celtic were interested in him then he''d go to a big club where for the last years of his career will see him net decent wages, win league and cup titles and give him a chance in the Champions League.

Couldn''t blame him for wanting that could you?

Who knows? I still think he has a lot to offer in the premiership if used wisely and in the way that will get the most out of him.

Surely Holt is gone this summer whatever happens.

If we stay up he will get replaced by RVW and another, if we go down he will move on to achieve something else where.

It could be his last, if he plays. Will CH choose Becchio or even Jackson?

But if we are relegated, and there''s a fair chance of this now, it''s possible he could continue, and he might be more effective back in the Championship.

With his record this season why would Celtic want him?

He has a contract for two more years, although presumably with lower wages than this year. So he might have to chose  being bought out, finding a lower paid  job in the far north and being with his family.

If we go down, he will stay. We will need him as RVW will be shipped out on loan pretty much as soon as his transfer is sealed on July 1st. No chance he will play in the Championship. None whatsoever.

If we stay up, I think Holt will move to Celtic or a club up north. Middlesborough maybe.

i cant see celtic paying holts wages or a transfer fee for him.

Can''t see them paying a fee. If we stay up, we will return for Hooper I think. So could be a swap deal. However, I don''t think we will stay up so that won''t happen in my eyes.

Holt can''t expect to be paid the same wages at Celtic as a 32 year old with no England caps whose best years are behind him. He''d do well in the SPL though. Plus it''s nearer home for him.

If we stay up, yes. If we go down I think that will largely depend on the attitude of the management team at that point. If Hughton et al are still in charge I suspect he will be moved on regardless. I for one will miss him.

People need to think about what they are saying when they talk about wages. We don''t know what he is on, or what players at Celtic are on.

I doubt Samaras was cheap having been brought in from Man City.

Celtic are not a small club and have Champions league money every season pretty much. They are probably better off financially than we are. So the wages thing is not as big an issue as some would suggest.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]If he goes to Celtic as part of a deal for Hooper as some people have speculated then surely Sunday would be his final game at Carrow Road.

If so surely he''d be doubly motivated to score in a winning cause and keep us up.[/quote]...Judging by his performances this season I will even help him pack!!

I honestly don''t care, the clubs standing is bigger than one player. Ncfc premiership survival means more.

I am not thinking anything else but a win, if it is his last game at carrow road e better be on a winning side that is all I care about

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]If he goes to Celtic as part of a deal for Hooper as some people have speculated then surely Sunday would be his final game at Carrow Road.

If so surely he''d be doubly motivated to score in a winning cause and keep us up.[/quote]...Judging by his performances this season I will even help him pack!![/quote]

When you''ve finished packing for him I''ll give him a lift