Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

I think that this is our best hope !!

Not enough, I''m afraid. Assuming that we get no further points, we need at least two of Swansea without Michu, Arsenal and Villa to beat Wigan, and the other to draw, - this seems unlikely, as Wigan seem to be able to raise their game. Sunderland are now equal on points but with a better GD, and Newcastle need to lose both games. Newcastle secured a point at West Ham to put them level with us with virtually the same GD.

It is partly in our own hands. A win against WBA would help us no end, a draw will probably not be enough. Even the most fervent fan would surely imagine that we can get anything against Man City.

It looks like sudden death against WBA, but you never know.

We need 3 more points, if we lose to WBA we are almost certainly going down. One team a lot of people overlook are Fulham, they''re on 40 points with Liverpool at home and Swansea away, they could quite easily lose both.

The are so many scenarios, if we beat WBA we''ll stay up I reckon...the problem is we''ll actually need to win a game of football. ..hmmm

I can envisage Newcastle getting only a draw at QPR and then losing to Arsenal at home. That would put them on 39 points. We could then get away with a draw against WBA but would need to keep it tight at Man City to remain up on GD. All is not lost just yet.   

Footbal is a very strange beast, whilst I believe that we need to beat WBA to be sure of staying up, we are currently above Newcastle it is not beyond the realms of possibilty for both teams to lose their remaining fixtures with our survival hinging on the number of goals we conced at Man City.....

Beat WBA and we are safe, barring several freak results, as I said earlier, thank the Lord for Chelsea Spurs and Aresnal''s dogfight and the fact they have to play all the teams around us.

Sunderland v Soton is huge on Saturday, if Sunderland get nowt they go to Spurs last game, which could be harder than the Etihad, such big games this weekend, but IF we win I think we''ll be ok......

i wonder how Newcastle will feel if they, and Pardew, are relegated and City, and Hughton, escape. Karma my friends.[6]