Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Any News On The Season Ticket Sales?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Hopefully they''re massively down, like us, that''ll send the club a message, won''t it?[/quote]
That you''re all fickle fools who won''t support the team through thick and thin? Wow good job!

Some of the away trips in Div 1 were very enjoyable, Southend I remember as one, like proper footy .

I couldn''t tell if he was joking, I hope he was. ST''s being down would just be stupid and would only send one message.

Look on the official web site, click on tickets and it tells you No Season tickets for sale, which means we have sold out again 22.000 or did I read it wrong? but I also remember reading a while back that tickets had been capped at 22000 so I suppose that means the same as sold out I may be wrong. 

I should imagine its just about timing, they would rather announce it when we are safe. Announcing it now, while we are dicing with relegation could sound a bit arrogant.

Actually, I very much doubt we have sold out. That there are none currently for sale means circa 22000 existing season ticket holders have renewed OR have yet to decide, they have until June to do so. I think many will be in the latter group, waiting to see which division we will be playing in and, perhaps, who is in charge?

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Who will be canceling there season ticket if we go down!![/quote]

I keep threatening to do it, But being a Norwich fan never do cancel even when we went to league 1 I have always been convinced that the good days will return, C.H. has a lot to answer for, he had a winning team and ruined it.  

If I had a season ticket... I would feel even more obliged to renew if we dropped down than if we stayed up. More games for your money and all that.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Who will be canceling there season ticket if we go down!![/quote]I could be wrong, but I very much doubt, once you have entered into a contract, you can just have a strop and cancel it.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Normally we would have heard by now how many have been sold for next season.

Anyone heard anything?

[/quote]

The final renewal deadline is May 17. It used to be the case that the club would publish interim announcements/reminders about the various early payment deadlines. But last season I didn''t see  any reminders (I may have missed them but if not a cynic would wonder why none) and I think the only announcement on sales was right at the end of the process after people on the waiting list had been given their chance.

I''d imagine that there are enough people for whom the turgid stuff we have endured this season would really make them question whether to renew or not regardless of which league we are in. I don''t see a ST as a contract for life either, I have had two in separate periods but not at the moment and just as in all walks of life there will be those committed year in year out and at the other end those who turn up once a season and everyone will sit somewhere on that spectrum.

Not only could Hughton sned us down but he could be responsible for a big tail off in interest amongst less obsessed supporters.

Interesting points on this thread. If the fans anti stance really is performance led rather than results led then the ST numbers will fall just the same if we stay up. Either that or those who wouldn''t renew only have their tickets because of the opposition...

Previous relegations did not appear to affect ST sales, not sure why it would do so this time around should we go down, as Nutty Nigel says if any "protest" is about performances rather than the the league we are playing in presumbly those that are unsure will not renew whatever happens.....

I''m just going to come out and say it (And it will be interesting as to who takes offence) but if you cancel your season ticket just because you have been relegated, you''re not really much of a fan, are you?

I agree with that Morty, but everyone sits in a different place on the spectrum so by definition not everyone is a die hard osbessive fan. All clubs will have such a split. Other than those for whom City is a main passion, and we are lucky enough to have a big number in that bucket if the last few years are anything to go by, others will think twice. This time I don''t think its relegation but the way we are seemingly slipping out. It is almost as though we have adopted a championship mentality already with CH thinking we are meek and ineffective enough to have to park the bus and fend off the big boys from the Prem. To me, this will be a bigger factor this time around and even if we stay up I would be surprised if it did not have an effect.

Season ticket prices are ridiculously high when compared with most other premier league teams let alone championship teams. Charging over £500 for a championship season ticket is obscene

Unless the board decides the circumstances require ST holders to be given a bit more time the final renewal date of May 17 is before the end of the season, and so our future might still be in the balance. From memory in the past there have been alternative prices quoted depending on which division we might be in, but not this time.Failing any decision to grant ST holders leeway I assume that if we go down there will be very soon afterwards some statement of intent from the board on various matters, including season tickets, managerial changes (or not) and summer spending in general and RVW in particular.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

Like Purple has said I don''t remember any figures being issued last year either.

I renewed mine ages ago.

[/quote]

There was an announcement that we had sold all 22,000. But there were no interim figures and no figure for how many were unsold after the last deadline, which were then filled from the waiting list.

I think you can cancel and get a pro-rated refund less something for admin at any time; before the season actually starts I imagine you''d get a fair amount back - mine is on dd so I''ve paid only one or two Instalments, not that I will give it up so it is a moot point.