Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Wouldnt it be ironic if Lambert saved us!

Like many on here, i have been frustrated by the constant references to what Lambert would have done better than hughton this year.

However, there really would be an irony if we managed to stay up because of his Villa beating wigan.

Whilst i was gutted when he left and like many thought he went about it totally the wrong way, i still regard him as a legend for taking us from league one to the premiership.

Lets hope he can be a hero for us just one more time!!

Really!!!!

This is a multi million pound industry not a playground. Would any manager throw a game ever? Much less when you''ve been under the cosh for much of the season and have a chance to go a couple of places up the table with all the cash and kudos that would involve.

I am not so sure Lambert would like to send us down. Been a lot of bad blood but we really gave him the reputation which he will now build his whole career on.

Most importantly he is a stubborn winner and just doesnt like losing!

I''m not so sure that Lambert would just throw a game.  If he had the chance of finishing mid-table with Villa, I think he would.  We don''t know what Villa''s targets were at the start of the season and the higher they finish, may give Lambert a better negotiating tool for summer transfers.

If Villa beating Wigan keeps us up I''ll be sending a bunch of yellow & green flowers to Villa Park with the label: "to The Gaffer - With Love - DM"