Sign in to follow this  
charger

Just three results will guarantee safety

Forget everything else, if Chelsea beat Villa and Wigan lose or draw at Arsenal, then IF we beat West Brom we''re safe. Simple!!

[quote user="charger"]Forget everything else, if Chelsea beat Villa and Wigan lose or draw at Arsenal, then IF we beat West Brom we''re safe. Simple!![/quote]

If Villa get a point against Chelsea, Wigan can lose against Arsenal, beat Villa and both could remain above us.

[quote user="charger"]Forget everything else, if Chelsea beat Villa and Wigan lose or draw at Arsenal, then IF we beat West Brom we''re safe. Simple!![/quote]

You''re correct with the "simple" part but, unfortunately, your thinking is simply incorrect. Try again.

[quote user="charger"]Simply incorrect or unrealistic?[/quote]

Unrealistic as I''m sure Villa will get a point against Chelski

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="charger"]Simply incorrect or unrealistic?[/quote]

Unrealistic as I''m sure Villa will get a point against Chelski

[/quote]

But it is mathematically correct, whatever one thinks of the likelihood.

Sunderland play Southampton on Sunday, who themselves are desparate for a result. Whatever else happens, if we can just better Sunderlands result this weekend, even if we just get 1 to their nil, then it would leave them HAVING to get something at White Hart Lane on the final day.

first things first......Wigan still have to make up 3 points on us.....if they drop points tomorrow and again away at Arsenal ,a win for us on Sunday and we''re safe.......I think we need to see what happens tommorrow and reconvene aftewards......

[quote user="flecky76"]Sunderland play Southampton on Sunday, who themselves are desparate for a result. Whatever else happens, if we can just better Sunderlands result this weekend, even if we just get 1 to their nil, then it would leave them HAVING to get something at White Hart Lane on the final day.[/quote]

so if they win , how do we better that ? [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

You''re correct with the "simple" part but, unfortunately, your thinking is simply incorrect. Try again.

[/quote]

My apologies. I was mistaken.

I think if both results are a win, we''d be breathing a bit easier, albeit still needing a few more results to go our way, but would be very surprised if all teams made it to 41!

Not an impossible situation mind you.

lets not forget Newcastle in this, they havent won an away game all season so its no certainty that they can just turn up at QPR and win......if we better there result on Sunday, the chances are we will both lose our last games

after all the confidence i''ve had last few weeks and months...

But still we have one last chance saloon, Hughton v his mate... and Clarke said he was looking to experiment his side.

End of the day, we can''t really have all these if''s and but''s because if you go down on 41pts when currently 11th has 41pts. You just hold your hands up and laugh.

[quote user="Baracouda"]after all the confidence i''ve had last few weeks and months...

But still we have one last chance saloon, Hughton v his mate... and Clarke said he was looking to experiment his side.

End of the day, we can''t really have all these if''s and but''s because if you go down on 41pts when currently 11th has 41pts. You just hold your hands up and laugh.[/quote]

Yes that would be hilarious!!!

All the games are obviously key but from our perspective the absolutely crucial results we need are:

Wigan not to win tonight. This would be the biggest boost possible and really increase our chances. Sadly I can only see a Wigan win when i look at this fixture. Swansea got nothing to play for and most of the Wigan coaching staff have big connections with Swansea. I would bite your hand off for a draw if you offered it to me now.

Chelsea to beat Villa - ordinarily you would say likely but Chelsea are a bit unpredictable these days and if they beat spurs tomorrow they will probably rest players in this one ahead of the Europa League final.

QPR to beat Newcastle - this would be a dream result. Possible and QPR on their day can be quite good but with them being relegated and Newcastle absolutely needing something here you would have to fancy Newcastle to pull out a result when they really need it.

Arsenal to beat or at least not lose to Wigan. probably the result I am most confident will go our way (which means Wigan will probably romp to victory) given it comes straight after the Cup Final and Arsenal will still definitely need the points for the top 4.

Another unknown in all this is what happens with the battle for the top 4. We really could do with Spurs beating Chelsea tomorrow night so that it goes right down to the wire. A Chelsea win tomorrow and the effect could be that they rest players against Villa and the top 4 could be sorted before the final weekend. that would mean Spurs have nothing to play for against Sunderland and how motivated Arsenal are at Newcastle will depend on how bothered they are whether they finish 3rd or 4th!

There are so many, ifs and buts. The only elements we can control are our games and that is why we simply MUST beat WBA. I do not have any faith in other sides doing us any favours as the last few weeks have shown things are not going our way.

After tonight, if Wigan lose at Arsenal, we only need to a draw against WBA to be safe.Only two results guaranteeing safety

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Could somebody work out the scenario for us to finish in 10th position?
[/quote]

No team above us secure a win in their last two matches and West Ham are held to gaining only one more point, While Grant Holt scores fourteen goals as we achieve maximum points. Job done.

[quote user="Samwam27"]After tonight, if Wigan lose at Arsenal, we only need to a draw against WBA to be safe.Only two results guaranteeing safety[/quote]Or, as Wigan play Arsenal on Tuesday, if Vila lose to Chelsea, and we beat WBA, then we''re also safe, regardless of Arsenal v Wigan.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Could somebody work out the scenario for us to finish in 10th position?[/quote]

No team above us secure a win in their last two matches and West Ham are held to gaining only one more point, While Grant Holt scores fourteen goals as we achieve maximum points. Job done.

[/quote]Easy then. Why''s everyone fretting about relegation?