Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

have we .........

scored any goals from outside the box this season? If we have I can''t remember them, it must be a long while ago. It''s about time we had our next long range goal.

Also can someone tell our players football is a contact sport and you can tackle or stop an opposing player in his tracks. I couldn''t believe how easy it was for Agbonlabhor to run through our midfield without being challenged. One of our players was even running alongside him and didn''t attempt a tackle. If you can''t get the ball, at least bundle him over!

We let that Reading player do the same thing a couple of weeks ago. And Gareth Bale tore us a new one doing the same thing.

We have little to no pace anywhere on the pitch which doesn''t help.

We actually have quite a bit of pace. Not really really fast pace, but decent enough pace.

Howson especially. Bennett obviously. The FBs are no slouches, Martin is faster than he''s given credit for I think. Pilks is pretty fast on the ball. Hoolahan can also give a lot of central players a run for their money when he gets going.

holt is not fast enough and that was shown with benteke, agbonlahors and weimanns movement on sat.

I agree that pilks benno etc. have pace - but the real problem is passing pace is so slow - westwoods passes were first or second touch - makes foot pace less necessary when the ball is played nearly instantly - our defensive players take too long to pass, in part because the attacking midfielders are too close and hold and the attacking midfielders too static - oh for some movement and quick thinking.

Thats what fox was so good at last year - the one touch pass creating space and pace