Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

I Think The Third Relegation Spot Has Just Been Booked

And it''s Sunderland. With Gardner getting a red, and all the other key Sunderland players out for the season, they will now be regarded as the favourites to go down

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]And it''s Sunderland. With Gardner getting a red, and all the other key Sunderland players out for the season, they will now be regarded as the favourites to go down[/quote]

Hmmmm, wishful thinking, I see what you''re saying but there will be twists yet.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]And it''s Sunderland. With Gardner getting a red, and all the other key Sunderland players out for the season, they will now be regarded as the favourites to go down[/quote]

Hmmmm, wishful thinking, I see what you''re saying but there will be twists yet.
[/quote]

Aye, long way to go yet.

I''ve thought Sunderland would be the third team to go for a while. Last two games after tonight are Southampton and Spurs....

Could see them maybe getting something from the Southampton game, but from what I''ve seen in their last couple of games, they may even struggle to get a point.

There''s a long long way to go, but happy as it stands. Sunderland do certainly seem to be getting themselves injuries/suspensions at the wrong time. Their game v Saints could yet be a real biggie.

Can''t see them winning at Spurs in a million years. Unless Bale misses the game. So for them, like us, it looks like its down to this coming weekend.

They are home to Southampton, which in theory is an easier game than home to WBA. But we''ll see.

After those two wins thought Sunderland would be home and dry, would easily pick up another win or two with the Di Canio effect in full swing. Doesn''t appear to have lasted too long though.

The same Sunderland that recently smashed Newcastle and beat Everton? Yes, yes, yes they lost heavily to Villa but they''ve got enough in them to beat Southampton... haven''t they?I''ll be as happy as the next canary if they get 0 points from their game tonight and then Southampton and Spurs though so I hope you''re right!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

They are home to Southampton, which in theory is an easier game than home to WBA.

[/quote]

In theory yes, in reality WBA have nowt to play for and Southampton still need something. Hope it pans out that way.

Ginger Southampton are only on 39 and right in the mix ATM so I am not sure why you think that would be less tough for Sunderland than WBA will be for us?

Gingerpele, do you really see Saints as an easier game than WBA? Saints are still looking over their shoulders after some setback results - if we win we go ahead of them, as would Sunderland, and put the pressure on big-time. Imo it is far better to play a side who have nothing hinging on it. ( Though far better for us not to have got in this position in the first place!)

[quote user="Vanwink"]Ginger Southampton are only on 39 and right in the mix ATM so I am not sure why you think that would be less tough for Sunderland than WBA will be for us?[/quote]

Because of team ability. That''s why I said in theory.

Southampton need a point or three to confirm safety. Are now very solid in defence and Sunderland look pretty blunt in attack and aren''t really getting any better. Danny Graham looks like he''s never scored a goal in his life when playing for them.

But WBA are higher in the table, so therefore in theory are a harder team to face. Although I haven''t looked at away form or anything. Not that form really matters that much at this stage.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Vanwink"]Ginger Southampton are only on 39 and right in the mix ATM so I am not sure why you think that would be less tough for Sunderland than WBA will be for us?[/quote]

Because of team ability. That''s why I said in theory.

Southampton need a point or three to confirm safety. Are now very solid in defence and Sunderland look pretty blunt in attack and aren''t really getting any better. Danny Graham looks like he''s never scored a goal in his life when playing for them.

But WBA are higher in the table, so therefore in theory are a harder team to face. Although I haven''t looked at away form or anything. Not that form really matters that much at this stage.[/quote]
It''s called clutching at straws :) Anything that keeps us up I will take 

Let''s just hope that Sunderland do not sneak a draw here as their goal difference is far superior to ours.

I agree and doesn''t it just seem like nothing is going our way no matter which club plays who ?

This is PATHETIC!!

We are in such a sh**ty mess!!! It''s no good having to rely on stupid Stoke!! they deserve to be relegated on their performance tonight alone!!!

I''ve never known any results to go our way! All the other teams have a fighting spirit and we dont!

You''re right, Barclay Bear. No fighting spirit from our lot. Sunderland look like they want to win (and probably will but I whispered that!!!)

Yes, a bad result for Norwich. Stoke are likely safe now. However, if we can get the job done against WBA, I still think Sunderland will be the one for the drop.

A point isn''t the end of the world for us, and might have taken that before the game, bearing in mind how poor Stoke are away and would have expected a home win.

They have Soton on Saturday who still have something to play for themselves, and will want to bounce back from a couple of losses. They will hopefully cause more problems going forward than Stoke too.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Yes, a bad result for Norwich. Stoke are likely safe now. However, if we can get the job done against WBA, I still think Sunderland will be the one for the drop.

[/quote]

If Sunderland beat Southampton at home they will be above us on GD even if we beat WBA. We really needed Sunderland to lose this game.