Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Jackson

I see quite a few people are wanting to see Jackson in the starting line up against WBA. I couldn''t agree more. The lad scores important goals; would love to see him in a 4-4-2 with a big man; either Holt or Becchio. I think its probable he will leave in the summer, which is a shame. Always been a big fan of Sim. Give him a run out from the off; abit of pace and drive at a defence instead of the same old; laying it back and giving the defence a chance to recuperate. I hope Hughton mixes it up and gives the Canadian the nod.   

Jackson is not a Premiership footballer and never will be. If you are really that desperate for someone to run at defences who has a bit of pace you might as well give Jessica Ennis a go. Mind you she might take a few chances that come her way unlike Jackson.

He belongs in The Championship or League One where he shined for us on a few occassions.Far to much sentiment,euphoria and romance surrounding his goals against Derby and Pompey.

Jackson is not good enough, but did actually offer something different in a few games last season. He certainly plays further forward than Holt.

He is not "The Answer", but could have contributed more than he has done. I doubt he offers enough defensively for Hoot to use him.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Jackson is not good enough, but did actually offer something different in a few games last season. He certainly plays further forward than Holt.

He is not "The Answer", but could have contributed more than he has done.
I doubt he offers enough defensively for Hoot to use him.[/quote]

^^ Those on here who think they know everything continually write him off, but he actually  does contribute quite well when given the chance.  He may not be up there with top premiership players but how many of the rest of our squad either?   He is in the squad and can contribute.  Simples.

[quote user="lake district canary"]he actually  does contribute quite well when given the chance.[/quote]Yes, his 19 game run without a goal in the Championship did wonders for us...Not to mention his outstanding 1 in 13 return this year, and 1 in 7 last season...I really don''t know why you''re persisting with this one LDC, the guy simply isn''t good enough for this level, and both the stats and actual viewing bear this out.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]he actually  does contribute quite well when given the chance.[/quote]Yes, his 19 game run without a goal in the Championship did wonders for us...Not to mention his outstanding 1 in 13 return this year, and 1 in 7 last season...I really don''t know why you''re persisting with this one LDC, the guy simply isn''t good enough for this level, and both the stats and actual viewing bear this out.[/quote]

I''ve viewed him in previous seasons and also this season when he was the stand out best player in the first half against Liverpool which I was at.  Surman was in that match too - they linked well, intelligent running from Jackson and as we know Surman responds well to that.  The defence let us down that day otherwise he might hav stayed on the pitch.  He is not a top premiership player but neither are a lot of our squad.   Holt has only scored 6 all season, who is is to say Jackson wouldn''t have managed at least that given that amount of games?   You, obviously, but does score goals - although not as many as we would like - but then that could apply across the board this season, couldn''t it?

I have always said Jackson aint a prem striker but come on guys what choice do we have striker wise ??

In 2004-5 we were undone by not getting Ashton in early enough, lesson not learned and once again its gonna bite us on the bum, paying stupid money for a goalscorer in January would have got us over the line but prudence has cost us.

So its either Jackson and Holt or Holt on his own, either way im guessing Wba arent quaking in their boots, and by comparison Wba loan Lukaku and we get Kane, enough said really......

The fact the has not been selected when the other strikers were ineffective suggests that CH does not rate him, so why should he select Jacko now?  This, despite the fact that Becchio seems also out of favour, and Holt is ineffective.

Kei had more going for him - as much pace but with strength, size and good heading and shooting, but the club let him return to the US.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I have always said Jackson aint a prem striker but come on guys what choice do we have striker wise ??[/quote]It''s quite simple Tim, we get Becchio out of the hole that Hughton has abandoned him in and give him the chance he deserves.He may also not be up to it (we simply don''t know at this point), but at least he knows where the net is and has scored regularly over the past few season, and on that basis alone should be selected ahead of Jackson, never mind anything else.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Jackson is not good enough, but did actually offer something different in a few games last season. He certainly plays further forward than Holt.

^^ Those on here who think they know everything continually write him off, but he actually  does contribute quite well when given the chance.  He may not be up there with top premiership players but how many of the rest of our squad either?   He is in the squad and can contribute.  Simples.

[/quote]

Are you including Hughton in those who continually write him off?

To be fair; our goal scoring record hasn''t been great this season. So I don''t see any harm trying him out; we are no worse off if he doesn''t. None of our other strikers have done the business this season, he deserves his chance.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Jackson is not good enough, but did actually offer something different in a few games last season. He certainly plays further forward than Holt.

I doubt he offers enough defensively for Hoot to use him.[/quote]^^ Those on here who think they know everything continually write him off, but he actually  does contribute quite well when given the chance.  He may not be up there with top premiership players but how many of the rest of our squad either?   He is in the squad and can contribute.  Simples.[/quote]

Are you including Hughton in those who continually write him off?[/quote]

Well, he''s clearly ahead of Becchio, for whatever reason.............................

Is LDC employed by the club in some PR capacity/role?

His ''better than yow'' manner, posts and attitude is vomit inducing imo.[+o(]

The dilemma of rotating strikers who cannot score at this level underlines why we are where we are. becchio and Holt are the best of a very bad job. Our defenders have scored just as many important goals. A win /loss will be by very narrow margins and may come down to good/bad fortune on the day

[quote user="dpj canary"]

Is LDC employed by the club in some PR capacity/role?   His ''better than yow'' manner, posts and attitude is vomit inducing imo.[+o(]

[/quote]

No, dpj,  I just object to those who imo write off our players unjustifiably.   Its so easy to say ''not good enough'' or ''get rid''.  

As for the avoiding the vomiting, try  not to look at the message board too often.  It works for me on the vomit inducing negativity I see on this board day in day out, year after year.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="dpj canary"]

Is LDC employed by the club in some PR capacity/role?   His ''better than yow'' manner, posts and attitude is vomit inducing imo.[+o(]

[/quote]

No, dpj,  I just object to those who imo write off our players unjustifiably.   Its so easy to say ''not good enough'' or ''get rid''.  

As for the avoiding the vomiting, try  not to look at the message board too often.  It works for me on the vomit inducing negativity I see on this board day in day out, year after year.

[/quote]

No LDC, you just quit in a huff, again and again![:#]

[quote user="dpj canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="dpj canary"]

[/quote]

No, dpj,  I just object to those who imo write off our players unjustifiably.   Its so easy to say ''not good enough'' or ''get rid''.   As for the avoiding the vomiting, try  not to look at the message board too often.  It works for me on the vomit inducing negativity I see on this board day in day out, year after year. [/quote]

No LDC, you just quit in a huff, again and again![:#][/quote]

No, I''m over that, I was simply disappointed in the attitude of certain prolific posters who I had previously - mistakenly - had some respect for. 

we have played two up front and have suffered the same central midfield problems in servicing two strikers - not feeding two strikers is no better than not feeding one.

That the clubs best 2013 striker has left just makes i harder - it seems becchios only crime is he is too similar to holt although he looked more effective so far than either of the other two options this year.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary The dilemma of rotating strikers who cannot score at this level underlines why we are where we are. becchio and Holt are the best of a very bad job. Our defenders have scored just as many important goals. A win /loss will be by very narrow margins and may come down to good/bad fortune on the day quote]

Far more likely to be more atrocious refereeing decisions.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Jackson is not good enough, but did actually offer something different in a few games last season. He certainly plays further forward than Holt.

[/quote]

Have you seen his first touch?

It always precedes a tackle.

Scored some important goals in the chumpionship, but not the answer to our current woes IMO.

[quote user="lake district canary"]No, dpj,  I just object to those who imo write off our players unjustifiably.   Its so easy to say ''not good enough'' or ''get rid''.[/quote]Jesus Christ LDC, what more does it take for you to realise that player like Jackson are NOT good enough for this level?He hardly scores, isn''t anything special off the ball, isn''t blessed with blistering pace or amazing technique/ball control, isn''t strong, isn''t tall, and his passing is average to poor at the best of times.His goal ratio alone is criminal, but add in all the other factors and he''s purely a player who''ll put in a good stint when asked to, but acheive very little of value beyond working hard for 90 minutes. In no way should a player that limited be used at this level beyond in a dire emergency, yet you keep coming on here defending him as the solution to our goal problems when it''s blindingly obvious that he isn''t, never was, and never will be.The point that I (and many others) are making is not that we don''t like Jackson as an individual, or that we want to slate him for no good reason, but simply that we don''t think he''s good enough for this level. He may be a great guy, with a good attitude, but we need players who will perform, not just be a ''nice guy''.If you honestly think a limited striker with a 1 in 13 goal ratio is good enough (even 1 in 7 was bad enough last season), then there''s little else I can say because you just won''t (or can''t) get it, and possibly never will...

It''s a one off game so forget who is and who isn''t good enough at this level. He has saved us in the past and in a cup final could do it again! That''s it!!!!!

Get Jackson in this starting line up Sunday! But no matter who plays; we will behind the boys! Come on you Yellows

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Jackson is not a Premiership footballer and never will be. If you are really that desperate for someone to run at defences who has a bit of pace you might as well give Jessica Ennis a go. Mind you she might take a few chances that come her way unlike Jackson.

He belongs in The Championship or League One where he shined for us on a few occassions.Far to much sentiment,euphoria and romance surrounding his goals against Derby and Pompey.

[/quote]Come on pal...the majority of our team is not Premiership qaulity. This is probably our last realistic chance of trying something a little different and hopefully pulling something off. It''s guaranteed if we keep playing by the same tactics and personnel we might as well not bother turning up!

[quote user="lake district canary"]@ Indy Bones.  Give it a rest mate, its only my opinion.  You''ve made it clear what you think, as have I.[/quote]Sorry, I thought that was the point of a forum, to actually debate topics and back up your opinions where possible with evidence or facts?I''ve given some damn good reasons why I don''t think the guy is good enough, whereas all you''ve done is claim he can ''do a job'' or similar and then told me to shut up...Persuasive argument you''re making there pal...

Becchio HAS to start with Holt for me. How he hasnt been given a chance when Kamara wasnt getting goals I have no idea; perhaps he looks awfull in training, I dont know. What I do know is that he was on 19 for the season before he arrived and had a good season in the Championship last year too, frankly I dont care if it was in the championship, if you have the touch and the finish you''ll probably find the back of the net if given half the chance. Just watch one of his highlight reels on youtube (tut away) and you can see that he is all about poaching and thats what we need.Jackson. Just cant see him having an impact, I like the guy he had a real purple patch in the last few games of the championship season but hitting the post against Liverpool frankly isnt good enough reason to include him.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]@ Indy Bones.  Give it a rest mate, its only my opinion.  You''ve made it clear what you think, as have I.[/quote]Sorry, I thought that was the point of a forum, to actually debate topics and back up your opinions where possible with evidence or facts?I''ve given some damn good reasons why I don''t think the guy is good enough, whereas all you''ve done is claim he can ''do a job'' or similar and then told me to shut up...Persuasive argument you''re making there pal...[/quote]

Banging on about the same thing over and over again isn''t debate, its repetition. Simply accept we don''t agree then we can talk about something else.

Citizen Journalist Foghorn wrote the following post at 07/05/2013 1:43 PM:

" Jackson is not good enough, but did actually offer something different in a few games last season. He certainly plays further forward than Holt.

He is not "The Answer", but could have contributed more than he has done. I doubt he offers enough defensively for Hoot to use him."

This.

Although I get the feeling Hughton might just go with him for this one game ...