Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

The Greater Game Begins !

To start I have always been supportive of the club and players, however I predicted in the summer that CH would be a disaster  - a cautious club and a cautious manager - in effect the club has displayed a massive flashing "FEAR" sign at Carrow Road and the players have been afraid and hesitant all season.

To win on Sunday requires boldness I suggest the following team:

Ruddy - Martin Bennett Bassong Garrido - Fox Johnson Howson - Wes Jackson Holt

1) NCFC play at a better tempo and with more control when Fox plays the holding role, by all means have Pilkington, Bennett and Snodgrass on the bench to provide a 433 wingers or 451 style - in too many games we have not been fresh late on in games

2) Holt needs a 2nd striker playing off him, too many times this season has Holt been isolated in the box with no support or his back to goal

What follows then?

CH and his staff must be replaced, performances have not been acceptable (statistically an unarguable point), I would suggest Di Matteo as #1 candidate, he instilled self belief in a poor CFC side, is available without compensation and is a younger manager with a point to prove (and in the worse case scenario has experience in the 2nd division)

Becchio and Butterfield should be moved on, Chris Martin and Vaughn on recent performances and goals deserve places alongside Holt Jackson and RVW (if he signs), the Murphy twins and Carlton Morris being given the opportunity to develop with U21 and League Cup games

The remainder of the squad are capable of better performances if a manger understands that Fox Johnson and Tettey are best deployed as holding/defensive midfielders & that Howson and Surman offer more attacking threat, add in Smith and Adeyemi as fresh legs from off the bench and we have a capable midfield.

The wide position with Pilkington Bennett and Snodgrass are taken care of and need better coaching rather than replacing.

Ruddy Rudd and Steer are sufficient in terms of keeping options, Bunn and Camp are fine players but lack the youth and potential of Rudd and Steer and should therefore be moved on. Ayala Bennett Bassong and Turner are our best centre-back options however I would suggest moving Ward on in favour of a younger option (Rhys Williams from Middlesborough for example). Martin Francomb Whittaker and Tierney taking the full-back positions (Garrido has not done enough to justify what would be a high wage for NCFC)

As a reward and in the interests of developing future squad members the best performing U18s have demonstrated that they deserve the opportunity to progress and should be given U21/Senior Cup and League Cup matches to continue this.

All this of course supposes contingency funding for loans should a number of injuries occur.

The lesson of this season and 2004-05 is that goals rather than clean sheets guarantee survival, Swansea have understood this, in previous seasons Wigan have understood this, now is the time for NCFC to understand this.