Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

The crowd must be on it on Sunday

1 game

1 mother of all atmospheres

1 result

No debate - everyone has to give everything they have on Sunday.

The debate can come later.

Agree with everything you have said. It''s in our hands, we''ve all got to pull in the same direction and grab it.

Game on!

has the crowd not been behind the team this season? not heard the type of reaction sunderland got in the first half on monday for example.

dont confuse a few moans on here with the crowd not being behind the team - we have been all season. Any quietness is generated from the paint drying football on show.

It frustrates me when the suggestion is our current plight is due to the fans - its the management and players that have us in this predicament - not our loyal support

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]It frustrates me when the suggestion is our current plight is due to the fans - its the management and players that have us in this predicament - not our loyal support[/quote]
This ^
It''s the team that must be on it on Sunday, they are the ones who are under performing and need to sort it out.

[quote user="NMTD"]1 game

1 mother of all atmospheres

1 result

No debate - everyone has to give everything they have on Sunday.

The debate can come later.[/quote]

^This, unquestionably. There are no excuses for doing otherwise ...everybody has to pull hard together to haul us over the finishing line.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]It frustrates me when the suggestion is our current plight is due to the fans - its the management and players that have us in this predicament - not our loyal support[/quote]Spot on again ZLF [y]

After last night I feel a great weight of my shoulders about this all, its not only in our hands but also about as difficult as it could get for Wigan now. I think that our players will now feel any pressure fade and instead a real excitement... last home game, Win and we are up, draw and it would probably be good enough provided arsenal win. The crowd will be loud and there wont be that sense of dread if it stays 0-0 now, as if Wigan had won I think that we coul have expected a very nervy match and one we might not have come out of unscathed.

I agree with you ZLF, but I don''t see anywhere people are suggesting that the fans are to blame? This seems to purely be a thread about getting behind the team again and keeping it going during the most important single match of the last 2 seasons.

Swansea have done us a big favour in beating Wigan, and Newcastle and Sunderland have difficult games, so it really is in our hands. We can''t fail to grasp the opportunity.

It would be criminal, one of the worst result ever, if we don''t get something from the game against the Baggies.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]It frustrates me when the suggestion is our current plight is due to the fans - its the management and players that have us in this predicament - not our loyal support[/quote]Spot on again ZLF [y][/quote]

Why is it some people think that crowds of people can''t influence a match atmosphere?   Are we robots, or  inanimate  objects?   Do we go to matches and pretend we are watching on television - viewing and not participating?     A  crowd can make a big difference if they are up for it.   If the majority are tense and worried - that  will transmit to players.   If they are positive and show it - that will transmit to players too.   It works both ways of course because the team can affect the crowd''s response too. 

All this thread is saying is "make a difference".     If you think crowd''s don''t affect a match - what is the point in going?  

I agree Zipper, we have been a old crowd this season, and the atmosphere has been fantastic the last few games, I fail to see that we could have done anymore than we have.

And for those who go away, I am proud to be a Norwich fan every time I''m in an away ground, we have been served up complete and utter dross and personally I have stopped going, thats my failing, but to those who have kept up with the away trips throughout the season, I salute you!

A good crowd not an old crowd, damn ipad, but that may have some significance lol

The implication is because people on here moan about the football and progress that the crowd has not been behind the team - that really has not been the case.

And LDC, where have I said that the crowd has no impact? I do see the value in what a vocal crowd can give - I stress again we have not been a molyneux, stadium of light or st james park, with howls of derision of mass walk outs. If anything the players have not responded to the crowds urgings.

The support the team have had is excellent, even more so given the dire fare served in most games.

It a given come sunday that the crowd will play its part, the question is will the team respond positively for once?

Simple......If the squad show that they''re ''on it''......the crowd will respond and be ''on it''......

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]The implication is because people on here moan about the football and progress that the crowd has not been behind the team - that really has not been the case.

And LDC, where have I said that the crowd has no impact? I do see the value in what a vocal crowd can give - I stress again we have not been a molyneux, stadium of light or st james park, with howls of derision of mass walk outs. If anything the players have not responded to the crowds urgings.

The support the team have had is excellent, even more so given the dire fare served in most games.

It a given come sunday that the crowd will play its part, the question is will the team respond positively for once?[/quote]

I thought that was being implied, ZLF.  But there are always a few idiots who will boo at the slightest thing, shout "you don''t know what your doing" when what we want to hear is support.   Its the same as on here.   The negative ones tend to stand out because of the noise they  make.  The majority of fans are great - but the crowd need to be up for it on Sunday - we need 100% positivity. 

Hope you will be there waving your yellow happy clapper,( with words of Kick It Off on for those who don''t know them)

encouraging all the boys in the Barclay and the Snakepit to be positive because it is such an important game.

They will love you for reminding them, you could even arrange a motivational speech, a nice long one, to get them up to a frenzy!

The "supporters" who I feel effect the team on the day are the ones who leave with 5 to 10 minutes to go when we are 1 goal down (I know it''s happened too often). The team may not hear some shouts but they certainly see the mass exodus.

SO...Please everyone support them right to the final whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree with Zippers posts. We''ve been right behind the lads this season as we always are.

All we ask is that we have a go, lets not forget us applauding the lads off after the 1-6 defeat against Citeh last year. Not to mention how the crowds stuck with the club when we were relegated to League One. We''re not the fickle bunch some seem intent on making us.

Sunday is massive. Everyone knows it and everyone will be right behind the team.