Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

SAF retires.

Safe to say, there have many good and some great managers in British football. However, I think I''m right in saying that there has only been one true giant.

Feel a bit sad about it - he''s been at Man Utd for as long as I can remember, and whilst I haven''t always liked him, you can only have respect for him.

The succession shall be interesting.

Yup. A great and loyal servant to Man Utd and the beautiful game.

He sure had some tough tacklers in his time there, and I don''t remember him condemning them much but you cannot argue with his record.

I doubt we''ll see the likes of him in charge of a football club again - at least not at the pinnacle of the game with so much success.

Credit to Man Utd too, Fergie wasn''t an instant success but they stuck with him.

quote user="chicken"Yup. A great and loyal servant to Man Utd and the beautiful game. He sure had some tough tacklers in his time there, and I don''t remember him condemning them much but you cannot argue with his record. I doubt we''ll see the likes of him in charge of a football club again - at least not at the pinnacle of the game with so much success. Credit to Man Utd too, Fergie wasn''t an instant success but they stuck with him./quote

Norwich supporters please take note

The Greatest Manager ever to walk the earth......................

No, when he first set out, he made record signings, i.e Pallister, he even signed players who werent overly great, but to take them away so they couldnt damage his UTD

Youth team players that came through, yep, Scholes, Beckham etc etc, but should''nt one of the biggest clubs in the world, have one of the best youth academy!!

He made some awful signings, how many goalkeepers did he sign till he got it right, and he was a Danish International!!

So Sorry, not that great!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

The Greatest Manager ever to walk the earth......................

No, when he first set out, he made record signings, i.e Pallister, he even signed players who werent overly great, but to take them away so they couldnt damage his UTD

Youth team players that came through, yep, Scholes, Beckham etc etc, but should''nt one of the biggest clubs in the world, have one of the best youth academy!!

He made some awful signings, how many goalkeepers did he sign till he got it right, and he was a Danish International!!

So Sorry, not that great!!

[/quote]

Top trolling [Y]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]No, when he first set out, he made record signings, i.e Pallister, he even signed players who werent overly great, but to take them away so they couldnt damage his UT[/quote]Pallister wasn''t a great defender...oh dear...next[quote]Youth team players that came through, yep, Scholes, Beckham etc etc, but should''nt one of the biggest clubs in the world, have one of the best youth academy!![/quote]And if they''d had that youth academy and setup when he joined them you might have a minor point, but they didn''t, and in fact it was Ferguson who helped develop it to the position where it was when those players came through[quote]He made some awful signings, how many goalkeepers did he sign till he got it right, and he was a Danish International!![/quote]Yes, because Denmark were world beaters at that stage, and there were hundreds of clubs desperately trying to sign Schmeichel as their next superstar keeper.Yet somehow got they him for just 500k (and the fact that virtually no-one outside of Denmark had heard of him)...As BYG points out, this was just pointless and desperate trolling from a well known troll.SAF rightly deserves the respect he''s earnt as arguably the finest manager in modern football, and whilst I don''t like Man Utd or even Fergie himself that much, I hope he enjoys his retirement and gets all the plaudits that he deserves.

Well that levels the playing field for next season.

I bet ManU don''t go through the whole of 2013/14 without conceding a penalty.