Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Will Hughton stay

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Get rid of snodgrass? Jeez. Some people.[/quote]Contender for POTS, some people see an entirely different game to me... he has looked abit burnt out of late, but im not suprised as he has given his all throughout the season. Make me relieved that half the people on this thread arnt in charge.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Indy - the style of play has been through necessity

[/quote]

That is very much an opinion and not a fact.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]It''s an odd combo, his purchases have been good but operational use of resources is not great[/quote]Spot on ZLF.He clearly didn''t get the strikers he wanted both in August and in Jan which lead to loans like Kane and Kamara coming in, but even if we''d signed Hooper/RVW in Jan, the methodology and approach to the game would have left them with just as little supply and support as Holt and Kamara received, making it somewhat of a ''straw man'' argument that we''ve struggled due to not acquiring a striker.The entire approach seems to be one of fear/too much respect for the opposition, so we setup to defend wherever possible and snatch a goal on a break or via a set play, this has lead to a total dearth of creativity, flair, attacking intent and pace, and a huge drop in team spirit and self-confidence.Add in his seeming inability to make changes both early enough and effectively enough in games, and it gives me real cause for concern.It''s for these reasons that I don''t see Hughton as the being the right man to take us forward, as even if he continues with his trend of making decent signings, the style of play will cripple them anyway.[/quote]

There is something in that. But not enough. Good strikers create and finish their own chances. We haven''t had anyone this season who can do that.

In Saturday''s Times, they published research as to how managers had performed relative to salary bills.  Is the number of points achieved above or below the expected based on spend?

Ferguson came top with +16.8%.  Hughton came 7th with +5.3% ahead of Wenger, Benitez, Jol, Mancini and Lambert who scored -12%.

I think that in our frustrations and passion we can lack objectivity.   There is strong evidence that City have overachieved given our resources. I think Hughton deserves priase for that.

It is ironic that this thread runs concurrent with the rumours of Ferguson''s retirement. He would never have made it this far under the modern system because after his indifferent start he would have been sacked. The short termism in football is ridiculous.

Hughton deserves a second season to show what he can do.  It may be appropriate to have this discussion next May but I think it is just plain wrong to judge him after this season with all the backstory that there is.

"Mr Brownstone" - "Yellow Wall" Indy - the style of play has been through necessity"

That is very much an opinion and not a fact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Brownstone - I thought everything posted here were opinions!

This thread was enough for me to dust off my "forgot password" link. 90% of posters on this thread make me sick. Sack Hughton now, sack him if we go down, sack him if the suns not out tomorrow. Seriously??

After inherting a sinking ship from Lambert (which lets face it, we all know thats what we were, especially Lambert) with a squad full of L1 and champ players. Given a budget of some fluff and the change found down the back of the sofa Hughton is damn close to keeping us in the Prem, which as people have said with, the wages we pay/money we commanded this season, is a feat to behold.

He has already procured what is probably the best signing us younger NCFC fans have ever seen (Assuming RvW adapts to the prem as we all hope). If he adds to the squad in the same manner over the summer as he has been (Bassong, Turner, Snoddy, RvW, Tetty) and not the crazy rushed signings such as Kane and Becchio then the team might actually be ready for the Prem next year, and hughton might start playing football.

The only people on this thread with any sense, what so ever, as teh people saying give him the summer and 10 games into the new year. If we are still playing dross football with no threat then yes, its time to get rid.

You are all shocking. As someone said above, if all managers were sacek so quickly, where would Fergie/Man Utd be now? NCFC and Hughton are goign for the long haul, building a team as it should be, from the back. They''ve built the foundations, now its time for the next level. But nahhh, lets sack him now, get a new manager with new plans, and start all over again. Makes perfect sense...Fools. Can you tell, you''ve all actually angered me with your short sightedness and pure craziness.

For the record, I''m "stick by Hughton" even if we go down so he can continue the good work that has begun. And as for all this carp about "he''s lost the fans", we are the fans, thats our decision to choose whether he''s lost us or not (Lets face it majority weren''t even interested him before the Fulham game even begun, its hard to lose what you never had). If we get behing him and the team then he''s lost nothing. I''m sure if he does stay and we win the first 5 games of the season next year, suddenly hes a fans favourite again.

/End rant

Excellent post Vazzza - some very good points. I have posted Hughton should go and he does not convince me - although your argument is well made.

If we stay up he will have succeeded, and Sunday will be another opportunity to deliver. We should not waste the chance and go down - and I doubt Hughton will survive if we do.

Good rant, Vazza. The Ferguson example is apt, good teams are built, not thrown together. CH thought that Holt and Morison would do the job up front and had to adjust accordingly. He tried hard to get RvW and then Hooper, but had to settle for KK and Becchio. Given that RvW has already signed and that further quality players will be brought in as long as we avoid relegation, CH deserves a chance to take things forward next year. A knee jerk reaction now could take City back to the dark days of Grant, Roeder and Gunn. He wasn''t defensive at Newcastle or Birmingham, so I think next season will be very different.