Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Anyone take a drab, negative 0-0 draw on Sunday???

Theres no way Wigan beat Arsenal at The Emirates.

1 point will see us safe!

Our most important result of season was the one tonight

Steve Clarke certainly won''t.

WBA finished their game tonight with three strikers on the pitch - Clarke clearly looking to finish with a flourish.

I hope yr right tho remember we ran Arsenal close at the Emirates, luckily they still have a lot to play for, but a great result tonight :)

I''d rather we won the game.

But if a point will keep us up and drab, negative 0-0 draw will do.

Spurs beating Chelsea tomorrow could help as well, because then Arsenal really have to win. If Spurs don''t win tomorrow, Arsenal have less pressure on them.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Didnt wigan win away at the emirates last season?[/quote]

What does that have to do with this years game?

The optimist in me thinks we will win, but I won''t be surprised if 0-0 is the result.

We''re then relying on Arsenal definitely beating Wigan, I think they will so a point could be enough.

One thing tonight has taught us all is there is no such thing as a team with nothing to play for. West Brom could quite feasibly put the nail in our coffin Sunday. The pessimist in me would probably therefore take the draw now and pray for an Arsenal win.

If we win it makes no difference what Wigna do next week. Given their great escape acts in recent years they''ll go and win at the emirates

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Didnt wigan win away at the emirates last season?[/quote]

What does that have to do with this years game?[/quote]

Well your opening line was ''there is no chance of wigan beating arsenal at the emirates''

Thats how its relevant !

[quote user="Mervmeister"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Didnt wigan win away at the emirates last season?[/quote]

What does that have to do with this years game?[/quote]

Well your opening line was ''there is no chance of wigan beating arsenal at the emirates''

Thats how its relevant ![/quote]

There isnt

And last years result doesnt make this years anymore more likely.

Basil Brush are you feeling a bit squeaky bum about the whole thing?

It certainly is starting to look like the loop is closing in but, you have to be optimistic and look at the possibility of the Great Escape.

Mind, I can understand you being a bit nervous, what with Rolf and Tarby being pulled in but....

;-)

I''d take 0-0 but only if Wigan loose however i want to watch an exciting game in which we take the game to WBA score kick their ass and win.

It won''t happen but hey you can dream.

Keep the faith

OTBC

3 points please, combined with a Chelsea win on saturday, then we can all party on while we lose 10-0 at the etihad, safe in the knowledge that both wigan and villa can''t catch us.

it has to be a win - even now - but does not have to be gung ho.

go for a draw and it can be converted to a loss - as we have seen too often this year.

WBA wont be easy - 20 shots and 7 on target tonight - more than any other team visiting citeh this year - and there is only us that can beat that now.

thats more shots on target in one game than we have in a month!!

No - a point leaves us still hoping other teams do us favours. A win and job done.

Arsenal and Wigan are about the most unpredictable sides around...

Thought WBA looked sharp tonight though. Lukaku is a horse on two legs.

A draw might just squeak us through but no way should we set up for it, which is what I fear Hughton will do. We CANNOT just sit back and defend for 90 minutes, we''ve got to go for it. Best form of defence and all that and you never know, we might even win a game of football.

Some of you are rather forgetting that there''s other sides in the equation - Newcastle and Sunderland to name two - as if it is either Wigan or us. If we draw and and either/both of those two lose at the weekend, they would need something from their final games to stand any chance of staying up. That said, a win is what we want.