Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

If Moyes to Man Utd then Lambert to Everton???

perhaps if he had stayed and proved himself in his second season with us he would of got a chance, it''s the move everyone thought could happen in the future

manager needs to work on a budget, high expectations, close team spiritchallenge to break into big 4 - lambert and everton are a good fit for each other.

not convinced moyes and manure are

Lambert would be great for them. However, a jour no posted on twitter Moyes to United, Lennon to Everton, Coyle to Celtic.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Lambert would be great for them. However, a jour no posted on twitter Moyes to United, Lennon to Everton, Coyle to Celtic.[/quote]

Now theres a thought, Celtic could be a bigger draw.

Think he has burnt his bridge for the merry go round this year though.

fergies only failing was the relative lack success in europe (largest finances, biggest club, limited success) - are they really going to appoint a manager who has not won a trophy, let alone competed with some success in europe?

I just dont buy that.

[quote user="step"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Lambert would be great for them. However, a jour no posted on twitter Moyes to United, Lennon to Everton, Coyle to Celtic.[/quote]

Now theres a thought, Celtic could be a bigger draw.

Think he has burnt his bridge for the merry go round this year though.[/quote]

Never underestimate Lambert''s ability........ to walk out on yet another club

It certainly won''t be Mourinho. It certainly will be David Moyes. I don''t think this will have come as a surprise to Moyes. Think he has been primed for a while, even back to January when rumours of him not signing a deal at Everton first emerged.

Don''t underestimate how much power Fergie has at Man Utd. If Fergie says Moyes, it''ll be Moyes. Simple as imo. He deserves a chance and with Man Utd/Fergie it''s ALL about domestic success first and Moyes has done amazingly well with Everton and their budgetFirst thing Moyes would do...bid for Fellaini (can see Fergie loving that too) and Baines as LB as they''ve been linked with him to replace the ageing EvraIT ALL ADDS UP!!

At least we''re safe in that no top club would want to poach our manager. If only !!!!

Bloomin Heck Deja Vu to last seasons end when we were talking about Lamberts next club...

Now if he had left to go to Everton I think I would have said fair enough !

I think that''s the point.

After 9 years of Moyes and considerable stability, will Everton even consider someone as unstable as Lambert. Kenwright will want someone who sees Everton as a job to be done and not a cynical stepping stone to the next level. Lambert needs to spend another two years at Villa to show he can put down roots and offer stability and build a team that lasts.

I don''t think Lambert would go to Everton.  With Everton''s budget, realistically, could he do any better than what Moyes has done?  I think he''ll stay at Villa and try and get them into the top 8.

please please please mr kenwright come and take chris hughton off our hands

All this ''no money Everton'' really gets my back up their budget has been higher than most since the inception of the Premiership. Moyes has only done as expected of him, if he goes and is replaced I cannot see Everton dropping like a stone

As a Norwich fan over the Lambert saga, I''d like to see him at Everton, Villa was in all honesty and as this season shows a sideways move for him, Villa will now take Wigan''s place as the team always in and around the bottom 3, while Lambert could do well with Everton, plus it''s hard to hate a team like Everton so everyone could move on!

[quote user="swindoncanary"]All this ''no money Everton'' really gets my back up their budget has been higher than most since the inception of the Premiership. Moyes has only done as expected of him, if he goes and is replaced I cannot see Everton dropping like a stone [/quote]That''s not quite right though is it Swindon?Whilst it''s perfectly fair to say that they''ve spent a decent amount on transfers, more often than not they''ve also been forced to sell their top players in the process.For the past 4 seasons they''ve made an overall profit on player transfers and apparently they also have a very sensible wage structure in place as well rather than paying 50k a week to any old player in the squad.Contrast this to teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd etc, who all run at a loss overall in those areas, and you''ll see that their league position has been extremely good relatively speaking.They are placed 10th overall in the premiership salary table, behind teams like Newcastle, Sunderland, QPR and Villa (as well as the big six), yet have acheived more than ANY of those sides on a consistent basis for the past few seasons.So whilst it''s fair to say that they haven''t been penniless, they haven''t spent anywhere near as much as many of the teams below them have, but have done better than them regardless - that''s a sign of good management...

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]If Lambert goes to Everton, are we entitlef to some sort of windfall? [:)][/quote]Yes, Villa might implode enough that we can get Weimann off them on the cheap [:D]

Evertons budget is usually top 10 yet their league finishes are not - so I do agree with Swindon that there is a myth about tight budget everton.

The sentence is really when everton finish top 6 they do well because they dont have the seem spending power as the top 6.... Buit still more money spent than most of the prem. Like liverpool they feel their history entitles them to more than they have earned.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Evertons budget is usually top 10 yet their league finishes are not - so I do agree with Swindon that there is a myth about tight budget everton.

The sentence is really when everton finish top 6 they do well because they dont have the seem spending power as the top 6.... But still more money spent than most of the prem.[/quote]But it has to be put into perspective Zipper.Spending 200 mil on players and getting nothing back in sales is one thing, but spending 200 mil and getting it all back from sales is another.Since Moyes joined Everton, they''ve overall registered a 16 mil loss on transfers in/out, which is almost exactly the same as Fulham, but then compare it to Sunderland who in the same period have registered a 95 mil loss on transfers, or Villa with a 106 mil loss, and we can see that it really is not that straightforward as to simply say they''ve had a big budget.Everton and Fulham have got their results based on a transfer strategy that''s left them on a relatively even keel financially overall, whereas sides like Sunderland and Villa have spent much more on balance, and haven''t exactly set the league alight in the process or particularly outpeformed them consistently.Everton also have a very sensible wage structure (AFAIK), which again is highly important when looking at these things.Bear in mind that those are just 4 examples, if I had the time I could do this for EVERY team in the league over the past 10 years, and you''ll find that many of them spend a lot more on transfers than they get back, and pay over the odds in wages at times as well, and that''s why the Everton spending is somewhat deceptive IMHO.