Sign in to follow this  
R_S

hughton out

Yes, we should use his wealth of managerial experience to take us to the next level...oh wait, that''s right - he has ZERO experience as a manager, and could very well end up being the next Peter Grant rather than the new Alex Ferguson...What a ridiculous suggestion.

more than likely not to work as indy says

but didnt do wba any harm this season and most people thought steve clarke was nothing more than just about the best number two in english football.

not right for us right now - CH has already spent £8.5m this and his spending so far has been impressive. Whatever we think he will get three months this autumn to show what his team can do.

another 7 game start like last season and his numbers will be up.

"Yes, we should use his wealth of managerial experience to take us to the next level...oh wait, that''s right - he has ZERO experience as a manager, and could very well end up being the next Peter Grant rather than the new Alex Ferguson..."

"What a ridiculous suggestion."

Steve Clarke

I''ve been pretty staunchly in favour of CH this season - IMO you have to give people the opportunity to build their own squad and that requires at least 4 transfer windows for a Club of our stature - you should be able to bring in about 15 players during that period and you can then be judged.

CH has bought very well for NCFC in his short time, I can think of few failures. Becchio may still get his chance, big Kei did alright, Butterfield perhaps the jury is out but Garrido, Turner, Bassong, Whittaker, Snoddy and Bunn have all been astute signings. As I suspect will be RVW.

CH needs the chance to bring in some forward thinking players in the summer, at least one attacking midfielder, a winger and at least one more striker. Perhaps after 10 games of next season will be the time to judge him. From his track record he''s played a good brand of football and my feeling is that if he gets the quality he needs we will be more expansive next season. If not then he will find the knives being sharpened by the fans at least.

That''s all presuming that we stay in this league of course. If we do go down I think he will probably be gone.

Can''t compare Steve Clark to Phelan in my opinion. Clark has always had a lot more input as an assitant than Phelan has - also Clark was very hands on when assiting Zola at West Ham (not that it worked out well). Phelan has never even expressed an interest in being a manager, in fact I think he has always said he doesn''t want to do it.

Ferguson''s assistants have never really gone on to reach the hights many predict for them - Brian Kidd was pretty dreadful, Carlos Queiroz ultimately failed in a big way and we all know the trajectory of Steve McClaren.

Plus Phelan''s a really nice bloke. Honest, top fella.

So he''ll come last. Even behind ''arry[;)]

anyone can buy ''good'' players, picking the right tactics and winning games is a whole other kettle of fish. Hughtons had long enough

tbf i think phelans more than capable of doing a good job, i dont see where anyones get evidence of phelan not ''having as much input'' as clarke or anyone else, unless youve got a cam hidden somewhere at old trafford or carrington. I think clarke is a great example of what can be achieved, i dont see west broms squad being that much stronger than citys other than maybe lukaku, they are all pretty average names, they are very similar to norwichi would have happily welcomed culverhouse ahead of hughton at the start of this season, as would many others

truth is hughtons not improved on last season, which is what he should be judged on, theres not been any signs of improvement at all, we need someone positive not this shower

we could do a lot worse, he knows how to win and has been part of a successful mindset for a long time now

we might also get the rub of the green with a manager with such strong connectionszaha on loan ? powell ? etc etc

How many games will you give an unexperienced Phelan? 1game, 1 month, 1 season or more?