Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "I've accepted relegation thread"

I may be on a pedantic streak here but;

"As for the pant wetters, well in all reality we still need to win against WBA."

That''s not the case.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I am relaxed about whether we stay up or go down I will follow the yellows what ever. If the worst happens more games for the season ticket some new grounds to go to and the old farm derby. I will be chilling on Sunday[/quote]

Good for you.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Cody''s Mum wrote - "We simply have to beat West Brom !!!! " Er, no we don''t. Let me explain; In the EPL you get three points for a win, 1 point for a draw. Wigan have played the same amount of games as us and are 3 points behind. Wigan "simply have to win" at least one of their remaining games to overtake us.[/quote]

That they will beat Villa is a given IMO because Villa will be safe and Lambert will want his arch enemy McNally relegated !!! Got it ????!!!

[/quote]

Absolutely right! In a multi million pound industry and where three points could be worth £2m in end of season payments, Lambert will throw a game to spite a personal enemy. Not only that but he will persuade his players to go along with this plan, forgo their win bonuses and risk life bans for match fixing.

Of course they will. What planet are you from?  This is real life not some kids comic.   Ridiculous doesn''t come close

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Funny thread.  ;- )You''re not alone Grant Holt''s 3 year contract. Most fans have been bouncing from hope to despair and back again for some time.As John Cleese says in Clockwise, "It''s not the despair. I can stand the despair. It''s the hope!".[/quote]

Precisely.

We need Arsenal to do us a favour as well (and their champions league fight but I dont care about that [:P])

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Funny thread.  ;- )

You''re not alone Grant Holt''s 3 year contract. Most fans have been bouncing from hope to despair and back again for some time.

As John Cleese says in Clockwise, "It''s not the despair. I can stand the despair. It''s the hope!".

[/quote]

But it''s that very thing that sets football apart. It''s part of the appeal. Like a drug almost. The despair of Villa followed by Wigan scoring getting pegged back and scoring again. But still the pendulum swung back before the end of the game. And that''s just in  4 days!! But think about that Brentford''s last game of the season. 94th minute penalty would have sent the Bees up. They hit the bar and Donny broke and scored to put them up! All those emotions in about 10 seconds!

I feckin'' love football!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Funny thread.  ;- )You''re not alone Grant Holt''s 3 year contract. Most fans have been bouncing from hope to despair and back again for some time.As John Cleese says in Clockwise, "It''s not the despair. I can stand the despair. It''s the hope!".[/quote]

But it''s that very thing that sets football apart. It''s part of the appeal. Like a drug almost. The despair of Villa followed by Wigan scoring getting pegged back and scoring again. But still the pendulum swung back before the end of the game. And that''s just in  4 days!! But think about that Brentford''s last game of the season. 94th minute penalty would have sent the Bees up. They hit the bar and Donny broke and scored to put them up! All those emotions in about 10 seconds!

[/quote]

I echo these thoughts!I watched the first half of yesterday (hence the thread starting when Wigan scored) but didnt watch the start of the second half.Came back into the room when Wigan scored their second so went storming out and didnt see the 2nd or 3rd Swansea goals!

My friend (the one I''ve mentioned before who has got a lot of predictions right) sent me a very smug text at full time as he was adamant when I saw him a few days ago that Wigan wouldnt win!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Nothing to love about it Nigel it''s just agony, fuckern agony.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Cody''s Mum wrote - "We simply have to beat West Brom !!!! " Er, no we don''t. Let me explain; In the EPL you get three points for a win, 1 point for a draw. Wigan have played the same amount of games as us and are 3 points behind. Wigan "simply have to win" at least one of their remaining games to overtake us.[/quote]

That they will beat Villa is a given IMO because Villa will be safe and Lambert will want his arch enemy McNally relegated !!! Got it ????!!!

[/quote]

Absolutely right! In a multi million pound industry and where three points could be worth £2m in end of season payments, Lambert will throw a game to spite a personal enemy. Not only that but he will persuade his players to go along with this plan, forgo their win bonuses and risk life bans for match fixing.

Of course they will. What planet are you from?  This is real life not some kids comic.   Ridiculous doesn''t come close

[/quote]

Nope, Lambert could for instance pick Darren Bent instead of Benteke and play his reserve keeper.  You only have to look at the way Lambert treats certain individuals that he has issues with to know that his vindictive side can and does often rule his decision-making.