Sign in to follow this  
BOO

The tide has changed

My comment about the manager was purely a statement of fact based on a whole season of evidence

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]if wigan have good quality prem players who should we buy from them when they are relegated:?

Their wage bill is lower than ours so we can afford them...[/quote]Let''s first just make sure it''s not them looking to buy players from us shall we ?

Vanwink wrote the following post at 08/05/2013 10:27 AM:

"My comment about the manager was purely a statement of fact based on a whole season of evidence"

No, it''s your opinion. As is my opinion of you. And idiot wouldn''t really do it justice.

[quote user="Vanwink"]After watching the Wigan game last night I am now strongly of the opinion that we will stay up. I have been predicting relegation for a few months now and could see no conceivable way that our football would keep us in the Prem, however I can see Wigan getting no more than 1 point from their remaining games and hence we will stay up even if we lose our remaining ones.

If this scenario plays out I would still have no hesitation in calling for Hughtons head, we must act to get in someone like Martinez who could change our style to make us an attractive and special team, passing entertaining football could return to CR and given the resources we will have I believe we cold establish ourselves in the Prem.[/quote]Is this the u-turn of a Wizard I see before me??[;)]

Hope that made you fell better Ron, but surprised at you nonetheless.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vanwink"]After watching the Wigan game last night I am now strongly of the opinion that we will stay up. I have been predicting relegation for a few months now and could see no conceivable way that our football would keep us in the Prem, however I can see Wigan getting no more than 1 point from their remaining games and hence we will stay up even if we lose our remaining ones.

If this scenario plays out I would still have no hesitation in calling for Hughtons head, we must act to get in someone like Martinez who could change our style to make us an attractive and special team, passing entertaining football could return to CR and given the resources we will have I believe we cold establish ourselves in the Prem.[/quote]Is this the u-turn of a Wizard I see before me??[;)][/quote]

Certainly not, I have changed my view based on the way our circumstances have changed.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vanwink"]After watching the Wigan game last night I am now strongly of the opinion that we will stay up. I have been predicting relegation for a few months now and could see no conceivable way that our football would keep us in the Prem, however I can see Wigan getting no more than 1 point from their remaining games and hence we will stay up even if we lose our remaining ones. If this scenario plays out I would still have no hesitation in calling for Hughtons head, we must act to get in someone like Martinez who could change our style to make us an attractive and special team, passing entertaining football could return to CR and given the resources we will have I believe we cold establish ourselves in the Prem.[/quote]

Is this the u-turn of a Wizard I see before me??

[;)]
[/quote]

Are people allowed to change their minds or is it one opinion for life? i''ve changed my mind after lasts night result for Wigan, as I imagine lot of people have.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vanwink"]After watching the Wigan game last night I am now strongly of the opinion that we will stay up. I have been predicting relegation for a few months now and could see no conceivable way that our football would keep us in the Prem, however I can see Wigan getting no more than 1 point from their remaining games and hence we will stay up even if we lose our remaining ones. If this scenario plays out I would still have no hesitation in calling for Hughtons head, we must act to get in someone like Martinez who could change our style to make us an attractive and special team, passing entertaining football could return to CR and given the resources we will have I believe we cold establish ourselves in the Prem.[/quote]Is this the u-turn of a Wizard I see before me??[;)][/quote]

Are people allowed to change their minds or is it one opinion for life? i''ve changed my mind after lasts night result for Wigan, as I imagine lot of people have.

[/quote]I''m not suggesting that.I''m suggesting that Vanwink has performed a u-turn, quite simular to the ones made quite famous by a veteran drama-queen poster who left in dramatic style a few months back....Never to be seen again. [;)]

[quote user="Vanwink"]We did last season, and resources will be much greater in 13/14 season[/quote]

But resources will also be much greater for all the other Prem teams in 13/14?!

I have changed my mind Ghost, I have said many times before that I am not Wiz, I am getting a bit fed up with the suggestion that I am, it adds nothing to a thread and is a pain in the arse!

I am sure if Wiz wanted to post on here he would do so in his own name, why would he want to make another account?

Don''t answer that cos I don''t want to prolong this,

They will, but Martinez has been successful in signing players from outside the UK, that is where clubs like ours could gain an advantage with the extra money!

I don''t see where the evidence is that we would be better off with another manager. Salopian echoed my view when he observed that Hughton is currently doing better than a number of other managers despite having more limited resources to work with. All the other teams around us have had several more years'' Premiership income than us to build their teams on (not to mention we have been hamstrung by committed debt repayments) and yet their managers have not managed to use that to accrue more points than our has.

O''Neill, Pardew, Lambert, Martinez, Redknap; all managers with track records of finishing well up the PL table how come all of them have failed to achieve significantly more points than Hughton so far this season, despite their blubs'' greater financial muscle? People mention other teams'' injury problems. What about ours? Ruddy, Tetty, Pilks, Turner, Bassong; all have been key absentees for parts of the season.

There were all sorts of factors contributed to our successful 2011-12 season. It was Lambert''s team through and through, we had momentum and confidence, an element of surprise, pure adrenaline, All that was lost in the summer when Lambert departed for pastures new and Holt threw his curveball. All momentum and a lot of solidarity was lost. The style of football may not have been as attractive and exciting to watch, but that does not mean Hughton has not worked miracles with what he inherited and it certainly does not make him incompetent. A section of fans [inevitably] had unrealistic expectations of pushing on this season.

Any change of manager at this point would be a huge gamble. Every so often is pays off but how many times have we seen it not? What makes Hughton-outers think any other manager with the same resources would get more points on the board (and note I''m talking points; not attractive performances). What would be your view if we appoint someone else in the summer and he takes us down?

Vanwink wrote the following post at 08/05/2013 11:30 AM:

"Hope that made you fell better Ron, but surprised at you nonetheless."

Surprised because you throw insults around & then object when people throw them back?

Either stop insulting people who cannot defend themselves or stop being a hypocrite.

Well I think Hughton is an idiot Ron, I don''t know another way of expressing that but I am willing to take any suggestions on board?

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

But resources will also be much greater for all the other Prem teams in 13/14?![/quote]

But

- we will have to spend less of it on debt servicing than others

- money spent will provide a real step up in quality of the squad

- the extra cash puts us ahead of other european team - so we attract better.

what hasnt changed with teh extra cash is how to spend it wisely - blend a conjoined squad from 25-30 individuals and getting a better team from the parts than the components; thats what teh manager and club brings.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Vanwink wrote the following post at 08/05/2013 11:30 AM:

"Hope that made you fell better Ron, but surprised at you nonetheless."

Surprised because you throw insults around & then object when people throw them back?

Either stop insulting people who cannot defend themselves or stop being a hypocrite.[/quote]this is the 46th post on this thread, 16 of which have been posted by the shy and retiring ex Wiz, including successive posts on three occasions. anyone think his post count is the only thing that matters to him? having had a count of 19,000 in his previous incarnation, he is hell bent in overtaking that figure this year.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Your predictions for Wigans remaining games LDC?[/quote]

This is the problem. You and countless others are looking at other teams, and what they will and wont do.

I only worry about one team, and our inability to ''do it ourselves'' is really a cause for concern.

[/quote]

This is one of the biggest myths in football. Every team is dependent on other results. United would not be Champions yet if City had played better etc. etc. We live in a connected world.

Also, what does it matter? If we had 50 points we still only escape relegation because other teams had done worse than us. It is all relative. If we survive because three other teams did less well than us then we survive. That is all there is.

[/quote]

I think you know what I mean, your reply is just semantics.

If we survive I want it to be because of what WE have done, not rely on others to save us.

I will admit after yesterday I feel ALOT better, my one concern now is complacency.Yesterday morning we needed a win against West Brom, today a bore draw could do us.Wrong! Wigan could get something or three at Arsenal and as a club we have to be prepared for that, however unlikely it may be.If we draw, we draw, but I think we need to go into the next game as if we need a win. The pressure is off alittle, but lets not make it hard on ourselves and hopefully be safe going into our last game. Lets not go into the last game equal to, or a point ahead of Wigan with Man C as our last game because we assumed Wigan would lose.Arsenal have no more right to win against Wigan, then we do against West Brom (though refereeing decisions for them this year, not just against us, makes me think that maybe someone thinks they do).Until Wigan lose it is still up to us. I hope Hughton doesn''t use yesterday as an excuse to carry on as usual for WB.I''ve not followed Norwich as long as many of you here, but I always got the feeling before the Lambert era that if something could go wrong, then it probably would. I forget who said it, but someone on here said something like "Signing RVW early and then getting relegated seemed like "a very Norwich thing to do". I couldn''t help but agree, lets do all we can to avoid that.

Calling someone an idiot is saying they are of sub-normal intelligence.

You can question his footballing tactics, nous, inspirational qualities all you like - although it helps your case if you have some rationale to back it up - you can even call some individual decisions idiotic - but an idiot he plainly is not.

And then to complain because somebody else calls you an idiot? Per-lease!!

[quote user="Vanwink"]I have changed my mind Ghost, I have said many times before that I am not Wiz, I am getting a bit fed up with the suggestion that I am, it adds nothing to a thread and is a pain in the arse!

I am sure if Wiz wanted to post on here he would do so in his own name, why would he want to make another account?

Don''t answer that cos I don''t want to prolong this,[/quote]That''s exactly what Wiz would say [;)]

First Wazzock said: If we survive I want it to be because of what WE have done, not rely on others to save us.

----------------------------------------------

If we lose to WBA, then we can hardly say we put in a decent effort to keep ourselves up. Our poor efforts in the relegation fight will go against Hoot if we are struggling next season. That we are in this situation right now is proof enough we have failed.

But I still don''t care if we are in this division next season. As long as that is the case Hughton deserves another season, go down, and he should be sacked.

Vanwink, if you are indeed not Wiz then I would suggest you:

a) change your avatar, which appears to be of a wizard like figure

b) change the tone of your writing, which is remarkably similar to the aforementioned poster

If you don''t like being called Wiz, it would seem somewhat disingenuous to use such an avatar; and whilst it might be purely coincidental that your style of sytax is so close to that of Wiz, you should at least do yourself the favour of having a look at some of his posts and trying to adopt a different sort of bent to your prose.

Alternatively you could start all over again and use a witch or something for your avatar.

It''s actually very interesting Norfolk, a lot more emboldenment now that we look a bit safer.